SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But what this means is the date is lying and TE lacks awareness about Heather's pattern of behavior when contacting him. I just think that's a precarious place to go at this point, since LE can easily check the date's phone and there is currently no information that points a finger at the guy. Nor does TE seem that lacking in discernment. JMO.

I don't think the date is lying about being with her. That is not at all what I was saying. Much of what I think, can't be said on WS. Or at least, I don't think so :)

I believe her father remarked on this. And if you look at her Twitter, she references how much she works, and that her second job would provide her with sufficient money.

And even if we take her finances out of the equation, she was making her own choices. She was not in constant contact with her family if TE's remark that he really didn't know her work schedule is any indication. He was not alarmed until the police arrived and he saw her car sitting abandoned, even thought some time had passed since he last heard from her.

I'm just saying I don't think she had a reason to concoct a story about being on a date if she wasn't on a date with that person. Trying to hide another date by drawing attention to your evening makes no sense to me.

I suspect we will find at some point that Heather was as surprised by some of the events that began to unfold as anyone else.

I worked 2-3 jobs all thru college and some made better money than others. Because I didn't live with my parents they never knew my work schedule either. If they knew ex bf was abusive (maybe brought on by finding out she was cheating on him with OM) her parents (or just one parent without the others knowledge) might have said we (I) will continue to help you learn to stand on your own two feet as long as you start to grow up a little bit and make better choices, start dating some nice guys, etc. I just know how difficult it was for me (not that long ago) and don't foresee $5k being paid off that quickly. When you ask for monetary help, you have to abide by the "rules" that person gives you. The proof might have been more of a "look daddy I'm moving on and trying new things" as well as him telling her she could have the truck once she learned how to drive a stick. I am trying to come up with all scenarios since 90% of us all "think" the same person(s) was involved in her disappearance. It is good to try to disprove why no one else could have been involved and you might see some red flags you didn't spot before. IDK:fence:

For those of you who keep your phone in your lap, do you drive a stick shift?

I drive a stick shift and usually keep my phone on my lap because i don't have a bluetooth so I put turn the speaker phone on talk on my phone with it in my lap while I drive or if no one is in the passenger seat I set it in the passenger seat.

I also think the pic thing is odd. It was sometime after 10pm I believe. On a date, after 10pm and you think to send a pic to dad? I see what you're saying hockeymom4. I'd go on about my thoughts, but I don't really feel like causing blood pressures to rise at the moment.
I don't think it is odd to send a pic to her dad. He said she sent pics of the items she wanted for Christmas plus the fact that he said he kept his truck for when one of his girls learned to drive stick shift.

What I find odd is the fact she asked her date to take the pic (I am guessing he took the pic, texted to HE and then she sent to her dad). That is alot of trouble to go through unless you do not want your date to see any texts / missed calls on your phone.

I don't think it is odd to send a pic to her dad. He said she sent pics of the items she wanted for Christmas plus the fact that he said he kept his truck for when one of his girls learned to drive stick shift.

What I find odd is the fact she asked her date to take the pic (I am guessing he took the pic, texted to HE and then she sent to her dad). That is alot of trouble to go through unless you do not want your date to see any texts / missed calls on your phone.

And if you maybe sent it to someone else to try and make them jealous....

Perhaps she would prefer to drive his truck rather than his car I guess, I don't know. Did she want the truck for Christmas?

I stand corrected @Ghostwheel. Thanks!

Looks like it can't be done when you make a new post but, you can after the fact or with a published post.

Can I backdate new posts?
No. You can only create a new post and backdate it after it's been published.

If HE's last 10 posts were "scheduled", why are the times so random? You'd think one would just post in succession by the minute (i.e., 1:00, 1:02, 1:03, 1:04, etc.) Why then: 1:53, 1:57, 1:58, 1:58, 1:59, 2:00, 2:00, 2:08, 2:09, 2:09?

You CAN backdate when you post. I did it. Also tumblr is weird and it'd hard to change time but not date.

I thought it was odd for her to send a picture to either parent, but especially her father. IMO, she and her father were not that close, actually, with either parent. Her father has said he didn't know about OM, anything about who her date was, anything about her ex, including any of their names, her work schedule, more that can't be said.... But yet she texts him a picture? My dad maybe wouldn't have known these things at 20, but I wouldn't have sent him a text during a date. I also don't think the mom knew either because if she knew, she would have told the dad.

I also think the pic thing is odd. It was sometime after 10pm I believe. On a date, after 10pm and you think to send a pic to dad? I see what you're saying hockeymom4. I'd go on about my thoughts, but I don't really feel like causing blood pressures to rise at the moment.

It's bc her dad had a stick shift truck saved for her or her sister once they learned. He tried teaching heather but it didn't go well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I still don't see the issue. She had the date take the pic and send it to her because she wanted proof. Later, when they were driving around after the lesson, Heather just went ahead & sent it to her dad. She didn't send a long detailed letter or txt - just a quick note & pic. My college aged kids will send me stuff like that sometimes, then I may not hear from them from a few days. We keep in touch with texts more than calls.

If my phone even makes it to the car it is lucky...even then it is in the bottom of purse...and then when I get home half the time it stays there, I forget all about it.

As far as sending the photo to married guy...it is not a good photo of her , really, IMO. I would not have sent it to another guy. But JMO

For those of you who keep your phone in your lap, do you drive a stick shift?

I drive a manual, but I do not normally keep my phone in my lap. I might have it in my lap on occasion if I've just ended a call and haven't had a chance to put it in its regular spot yet (on my passenger seat or in my purse which sits in the passenger seat). I doubt I'd even have my phone in my lap if I drove an automatic. I just don't like things being in my way, especially when there are so many other places to put it. But I'm not a 20-year-old either, and I know how tied to their phones kids are these days.

It is the ANGLE of the photo in the truck that bothers me.
Any photographers out there?
If date did it, wouldn't he be sitting next to HE?
Was someone in the back seat?
My son has a Suburban.....lots of seats.
What kind of a truck did date have?

IMO what happened at the landing occurred very quickly. Either the car was dumped or Heather jumped into another vehicle which left with her. This landing is very close to mobile homes. That type of housing has thin walls. But we don't know what residents have told LE....

Attachments

• ptland.jpg
    ptland.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 38
If my parents hated a particular tattoo on me, I'd probably not send them a pic of myself with it standing as such a focal point if I wanted something in return.

I can think of one scenario that would have her upset and in tears when she called her roommate about the OM contact, and that's if she was the one who broke it off. To me her social media kind of sounds like she was unhappy about it for a while, as one would expect after the end of an intense relationship, but around November she had started to perk up. New roommate, exciting new job, life is back on track and she's glad she's out of the old drama.

And then he shows up again. She calls her roommate crying and upset because she thought it was over, she didn't want him in her life, and now he's back again.

I guess the meeting at PTL could be either because he persuaded her to come back to him, or because he wasn't listening and she figured she had to tell him in person.

I was thinking along these same lines!!

I just looked at it up close, I'm thinking he leaned back really far to take the pic or since the speedometer is at 0 she isn't actually driving in the pic and he opened the door to get a full view? Can anyone tell the time on her watch? I'm thinking 1:05?

I am a daddy's girl, just like Heather seems to be. My dad is truly one of my best friends. I am 41 and still send him pictures and text him daily about silly things. If they had the cell phone option when I was Heather's age I would have been doing it then too. I don't think it is odd that she sent him a cute pic. It also seemed like an inside joke to the 2 of them.

Really hope Heather is found soon.

It looks like a Ford Ranger to me. They don't come in a true crew cab, like the F150 SuperCrew or an F250/F350 with 4 full doors. Rangers are not exactly roomy if you get stuck sitting in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader