SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To this, I can only say that with a free app, we managed to get into a small parking lot (40 cars) to find two phones (different times). One we recognized the car of a friend that the person with the phone had been traveling in, the other, we waited until the phone started moving again and followed that car. And that was with a free app.

FWIW, I put this over in the media , maps and timelines thread if anyone wants to reference it later.

On Thread #9, someone said 26. I'll see if I can find a link.

Got it: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10152364&postcount=1110

BBM: I am not picking on you, I just feel the need to point out how funny spell check can be sometimes. I assume this is probably "decayed" or some such thing.

Oh my....I know you are not. You are correct. I am on an iPad

I went here. It's from the uS Dept of Justice.

http://www.namus.gov

I searched in myrtle Beach and found five: 2009 guy, Brittnee, 2006 woman, 1993 woman, 1992 woman, 1992 man. The last two were different dates in that year. HE was not even listed which confused me.... Does anyone know if this is not accurate?
As you have probably seen above, stillwatersc posted this link indicating 26 people are still missing. And that is not including all missing people.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24502751/demanding-changes-to-missing-persons-cases-in-horry-county

ETA: it was stillwatersc who originally posted the link. WaltzingMatilda commented on it.

I went here. It's from the uS Dept of Justice.

http://www.namus.gov

I searched in myrtle Beach and found five: 2009 guy, Brittnee, 2006 woman, 1993 woman, 1992 woman, 1992 man. The last two were different dates in that year. HE was not even listed which confused me.... Does anyone know if this is not accurate?

I tried that, but it's not accurate. Ali Gilmore is missing out of Tallahassee, and she's not listed. Also two cases I can think of, can't think of their names, but I know they're still missing.

Imo, the person/s responsible for HE's disappearance is very calculating, deflective, creative, and manipulative, yet has no empathy for others.. It would not be uncommon for a perp with these traits to taunt the family of the victim, imo.

As in any culture, or in any community spread across the US. There are those who refuse or are unable to adapt to a civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through our lives. Fortunately, these deviant sociopaths are the exception rather than the rule.

Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires, their lack of empathy for others, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth, by hiding behind their masks of normalcy, they resort to unimaginable, or unconscionable acts..

Although, most of these predators have an uncanny ability to shield motives, their expressionless faces, while hiding behind fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes, can not conceal their lies forever..imo..

To prevent becoming one of their victims, the only effective weapon that we all posses, is detection. Be aware and cautious, adhere to personal safety rules, and trust your 'Natural Born Instincts'.

Finding pleasure and humor in others pain. Do think this is an emotional condition brought on by something in their childhood? Or do you think it's something mental and they are born with it? I often wonder when and if the parents of the predators realize how damaged and evil their child really is. It's almost as if the family dynamics change and this becomes normal behavior.

I found this article by the ACLU

~snip~

https://www.aclu.org/protecting-civ...hone-location-tracking-public-records-request

based on the above not all use this but that being said, I would only think, based on reading the above, that a number would have to be specified (either way):twocents:

I figured that would be the case because it isn't being used. Everything is always easier for the criminals then the victims. I'd be willing to give up that right to privacy to help find someone's child.

Finding pleasure and humor in others pain. Do think this is an emotional condition brought on by something in their childhood? Or do you think it's something mental and they are born with it? I often wonder when and if the parents of the predators realize how damaged and evil their child really is. It's almost as if the family dynamics change and this becomes normal behavior.
I have always wondered if it is finding pleasure and humor in others pain, or if it is just the feeling of control and power some people get when taunting others that is found pleasurable by some. Thinking out loud.....I suppose it depends on the individual.

:seeya:

Friendly reminder:

Be sure you know the guidelines regarding social media sleuthing. Nursebeeme is running around with her needle and to be quite honest, that thing even skeers me! :panic:

Link to the rules: Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

:tyou:

Just a question. If we know firsthand knowledge because we are friends with someone on SM and therefore privy to the information, can it be said here? Then no sleuthing has been done.

I feel awful for BW in all this. As stated by others, she is a victim in all this as well. I understand why people are asking all these questions about what she knows, etc, but her best friend is gone (likely dead, sadly IMO) and she has had to move out of the apartment. Her mother has been defending her on SM because of all the questions, and I really don't think it's fair. I bet she has told of everything she knows. LE seems to be on top of this, for the most part, and they have probably questioned her rather extensively. I don't know for certain, but LE was probably allowed into her apartment while she was still in FL for Christmas. She has been cleared of involvement.

IMO, the perp knew BW was going to be out of town. This person knew HE's routine. This was premeditated. It probably seemed like the perfect crime to the perp. The most immediate person who will wonder where she is will be her roommate, followed by her family, followed by her work. Again, MOO.

:twocents: This has probably all been discussed before, I just wanted to reiterate. I don't post often to WS but there are a few cases I keep up with.

The perp may well just be scared for his own sorry self. Maybe he feels a bit bad about what he did, or what "she made him do" but not sorry enough to confess and face life in prison.

Many murderers have kids of their own, so trying to appeal to them that way does not seem to work. Either they have it in them to confess or they don't. Or they will only when already charged and facing the death penalty. And many families of murderers are content to look the other way, ignore evidence, cry "frame job" rather than have their own worlds shattered. Austin Sigg's mother is a notable exception, reporting her son.

JMO

I feel awful for BW in all this. As stated by others, she is a victim in all this as well. I understand why people are asking all these questions about what she knows, etc, but her best friend is gone (likely dead, sadly IMO) and she has had to move out of the apartment. Her mother has been defending her on SM because of all the questions, and I really don't think it's fair. I bet she has told of everything she knows. LE seems to be on top of this, for the most part, and they have probably questioned her rather extensively. I don't know for certain, but LE was probably allowed into her apartment while she was still in FL for Christmas. She has been cleared of involvement.

IMO, the perp knew BW was going to be out of town. This person knew HE's routine. This was premeditated. It probably seemed like the perfect crime to the perp. The most immediate person who will wonder where she is will be her roommate, followed by her family, followed by her work. Again, MOO.

:twocents: This has probably all been discussed before, I just wanted to reiterate. I don't post often to WS but there are a few cases I keep up with.

Frankly, I cannot see why anyone imagines she knows anything more than what she has said, unless Heather told her that she was leaving the condo to meet married guy. And I HOPE she did tell BW that, if only to add to possible circumstantial evidence, if he is the one. This case is bound to be a circumstantial one, any little piece may help. But I feel she is simply caught in the middle by answering her phone. Can't believe she needs any defending, how sick.

As you have probably seen above, stillwatersc posted this link indicating 26 people are still missing. And that is not including all missing people.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24502751/demanding-changes-to-missing-persons-cases-in-horry-county

ETA: it was stillwatersc who originally posted the link. WaltzingMatilda commented on it.

And there is a link on that link with the list:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24331448/questions-surround-the-human-remains-found-on-tidewater-rd

I noticed there are people who are not from Horry county - also Georgetown, Florence, Dillon & Marion counties are included.

Frankly, I cannot see why anyone imagines she knows anything more than what she has said, unless Heather told her that she was leaving the condo to meet married guy. And I HOPE she did tell BW that, if only to add to possible circumstantial evidence, if he is the one. This case is bound to be a circumstantial one, any little piece may help. But I feel she is simply caught in the middle by answering her phone. Can't believe she needs any defending, how sick.

THANK YOU. I hope she told BW that as well. I'm sure she at least told them some information that has made LE look closer at that relationship. If anything, I think BW has HELPED the investigation. It's getting harder and harder to read the FHE FB page. That's all I'm going to say about that...

I want to believe she's going to be found soon. Please, let that be true.

In the Casey Anthony case, weren't the authorities able to pull actual text messages? I am sure if they do this in this case, they are sure to learn a lot.

I am sure that in addition to calls that last evening, I am sure they have plenty of text messages from HE & BW and HE & OM.

I've thought this all along too and even posted it somewhere in all the threads. It was perfect timing, most of her friends were out of town for Christmas break. She was all alone. Thankfully she called her roommate!

In the Casey Anthony case, weren't the authorities able to pull actual text messages? I am sure if they do this in this case, they are sure to learn a lot.

I am sure that in addition to calls that last evening, I am sure they have plenty of text messages from HE & BW and HE & OM.

I sure hope so. I have a feeling her date missed a lot of texting, maybe even some calls. No offense to him, but if one is determined, one finds a way. She seemed never to let go of that phone, even during driving lesson. Maybe she was expecting his call all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico