Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok still on cell phones, sorry!

Would LE be able to see what other phones pinged in the same area at the same time frame without 1) needing a specific phone number or 2) needing a search warrant?

Then could that information be used with the police report, known associates, or RSO?
It would seem if this was possible it would be helpful in so many cases.

I really believe they are waiting to find Heather. LE will only make a move if they have to, without Heather, I think. They are in the process of doing the legwork. It is not impossible, but it is much more difficult, to prosecute a case without the victim. All t's have to be crossed, all i's, dotted. Everyone interviewed and questioned, all the information/evidence put together.

This is the tedious, time consuming process. And they have to do it, while taking care of all other crimes in Horry County.

Just my 2 cents,

Salem

I totally agree with you.

2.0 and 2.3 androids only....

Only the 2.0 and 2.3 androids only? The icon? Gps that you can't turn off? Sorry, I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks!!

Would LE be able to see what other phones pinged in the same area at the same time frame without 1) needing a specific phone number or 2) needing a search warrant?

Then could that information be used with the police report, known associates, or RSO?

What's an RSO? Thanks.

I found this article by the ACLU

~snip~

In United States v. Jones, a majority of the Supreme Court recently concluded that the government conducts a search under the Fourth Amendment when it attaches a GPS device to a car and tracks its movements. The conclusion should be no different when the government tracks people through their cell phones, and in both cases a warrant and probable cause should be required.

https://www.aclu.org/protecting-civ...hone-location-tracking-public-records-request

based on the above not all use this but that being said, I would only think, based on reading the above, that a number would have to be specified (either way):twocents:

I know people were talking about how her body should/would have surfaced by now. Avonte Oquendo, the boy missing in NY was just found in the river after being missing since October. They found his decayed arm on Thursday and torso, legs, skull and teeth today. Now, yes, I know the weather is different in NY from Myrtle Beach, but it is possible.

Only the 2.0 and 2.3 androids only? The icon? Gps that you can't turn off? Sorry, I'm not clear on what you mean. Can you elaborate a little? Thanks!!

those are the ones that work with Plan B on Lookout

I know people were talking about how her body should/would have surfaced by now. Avonte Oquendo, the boy missing in NY was just found in the river after being missing since October. They found his decoded arm on Thursday and torso, legs, skull and teeth today. Now, yes, I know the weather is different in NY from Myrtle Beach, but it is possible.

What's a decoded arm?

OK, I got curious. Can someone help me- or point me to a website where I can find out how many currently missing people there are in each city? I picked three random cities- ok almost random! This is the 2012 population...

Tallahassee, FL population: 186,971
Myrtle Beach, SC population: 28,292
Macon, GA population: 91,234

http://www.leoncountyso.com/missing-persons
Three cases listed on the Leon County SO website... 1 dates back to 1981.

OK, I got curious. Can someone help me- or point me to a website where I can find out how many currently missing people there are in each city? I picked three random cities- ok almost random! This is the 2012 population...

http://www.missingin.org/reg9046/frank_giarrizzo.htm
I happened to be looking up this guy when you asked

http://www.leoncountyso.com/missing-persons
Three cases listed on the Leon County SO website... 1 dates back to 1981.

this may not be what you are looking for exactly.. but this is a very cool tool that shows missing, attempted abductions, amber alerts, etc.

http://amberalerts.globalincidentmap.com/home.php

Question about phone pings and triangulation.
Does anyone know how close to the exact location they can determine a particular cell phone is?
For example my phone is in my house right now. If someone were to look up my phones pings to try to determine where it is, could they come up with my exact address or a radius? If it's a radius, how tight is that radius?

Do things such as mountains, or woods, or even tall buildings affect how tight the radius is? Or is it just the location of towers that make a difference?

And last question is if you were in an area that your service provider (Verizon, AT&T, tmobile) gets bad reception in does that make a difference?
Example there is a small town nearby and in certain areas Verizon customers get no service. Your phone just constantly searches for a signal and wears down your battery. If I have Verizon and was in an area like that would my location be able to be determined?
To this, I can only say that with a free app, we managed to get into a small parking lot (40 cars) to find two phones (different times). One we recognized the car of a friend that the person with the phone had been traveling in, the other, we waited until the phone started moving again and followed that car. And that was with a free app.

welcome! :star: I just found this map.. not sure if it is helpful or not

http://www.city-data.com/towers/cell-Myrtle-Beach-South-Carolina.html
FWIW, I put this over in the media , maps and timelines thread if anyone wants to reference it later.

How many people are still missing in Horry County in the last 5 years?
On Thread #9, someone said 26. I'll see if I can find a link.

Got it: [url="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10152364&postcount=1110"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10152364&postcount=1110[/url]

I know people were talking about how her body should/would have surfaced by now. Avonte Oquendo, the boy missing in NY was just found in the river after being missing since October. They found his decoded arm on Thursday and torso, legs, skull and teeth today. Now, yes, I know the weather is different in NY from Myrtle Beach, but it is possible.
BBM: I am not picking on you, I just feel the need to point out how funny spell check can be sometimes. I assume this is probably "decayed" or some such thing.

Imo, the person/s responsible for HE's disappearance is very calculating, deflective, creative, and manipulative, yet has no empathy for others.. It would not be uncommon for a perp with these traits to taunt the family of the victim, imo.

As in any culture, or in any community spread across the US. There are those who refuse or are unable to adapt to a civilized society, skirting the rules and laws that guide the rest of us through our lives. Fortunately, these deviant sociopaths are the exception rather than the rule.

Due to their selfish need to fulfill their evil desires, their lack of empathy for others, as well as their self assurance of remaining anonymous or stealth, by hiding behind their masks of normalcy, they resort to unimaginable, or unconscionable acts..

Although, most of these predators have an uncanny ability to shield motives, their expressionless faces, while hiding behind fake smiles, combined with their lifeless eyes, can not conceal their lies forever..imo..

To prevent becoming one of their victims, the only effective weapon that we all posses, is detection. Be aware and cautious, adhere to personal safety rules, and trust your 'Natural Born Instincts'.
Smiling Faces Sometimes - YouTube

IMO waiting to find Heather may be a very long wait indeed. I hope LE has not decided they can go no further without finding her. That may never happen. But it is tricky as even some here think she may have run off, or be a suicide, so how to convince a jury she was murdered? Another case in limbo, with a possible POI and no arrests? Hope not.

I went here. It's from the uS Dept of Justice.

http://www.namus.gov

I searched in myrtle Beach and found five: 2009 guy, Brittnee, 2006 woman, 1993 woman, 1992 woman, 1992 man. The last two were different dates in that year. HE was not even listed which confused me.... Does anyone know if this is not accurate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpond1972