SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On tumbler, what do the initials about her weight mean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Being in recovery from anorexia myself, (for half my life I was actively in my eating disorder), IMO they symbolize HE had a definite preoccupation with her body image/weight CW current weight GW goal weight HW highest weight LW lowest weight.....MOO is that HE very possibly could have an eating disorder, disordered eating, or body dysmorphic disorder.....each of these singularly can enhance depression, low self esteem, and can include many trips to docs, hospitals, etc....moo expressed with empathy for this poor girl, being 25 myself, I can relate to HE and to how she may be trying to find herself

This is the original image saved from the XOJane.com story:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/ProDriverjpg_zps33034d59.jpg.html][/URL]

This is the image with HD and illuminate filters added
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9e2b3fbf-b9db-4aa2-aeaa-59c007a44a5d_zpsddae5d29.jpg.html][/URL]

AFAIK, an official, high-res image has not been released. I will keep working on improving the image. If anyone else has better software, please assist. I just wanted to upload something quickly to the thread.... :heartbeat:

Thank you for the pics, kimi.

After increasing the original image to 400 percent, the time on the watch appears to be approximately 1:04. The hour and the minute hands are very close together. When using the illuminated image, there's too much glare to make out the smallest details.

Have no idea what the time gap means. An interesting observation is that Heather was wearing her watch on her right wrist because typically a watch is worn on the left wrist. My husband is an exception to the usual and, if he wears one at all, puts it on his right wrist even though he's right handed.

Also, that's a large watch and would be easy to spot on someone's dresser or the place they take their jewelry off after coming home. I wonder if Heather's watch was located anywhere inside her condo. If it was found tucked away somewhere, that would be odd imo unless she's a total neatnik.

If anybody remembers the "dancing in the rain" discussion, the 11/29 screenshot had the words "I doubt you've gained that much...(weight?)". Not sure who was being spoken to...

Hoping it is because LE does not need the public. But I have thought that before and women are still missing, years later, in cases I follow. LE should at minimum be coming out to ask every person in a ten-mile radius, i.e. to examine their properties.

Agree, Cluciano63, except I would extend the search area to a minimum of 25 or 30 miles due to jurisdictional linkage and other related issues.

Any MB/Horry County locals familiar with the Peachtree Lake WMA area?
or the location of this photo; https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net...=637f0e868901dad1d732a671239e2fc0&oe=52E02E15

I was following Heather's threads obsessively until Tuesday, when a little girl I knew was stabbed to death. (http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79006051/)
I'm about 500 or so posts behind. I keep trying to catch up, but I'm having a hard time thinking.
Are there any updates on Heather's case? Feel free to PM me, if necessary. Thank you in advance, fellow members of Heather's army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After increasing the original image to 400 percent, the time on the watch appears to be approximately 1:04. The hour and the minute hands are very close together. When using the illuminated image, there's too much glare to make out the smallest details.

Have no idea what the time gap means. An interesting observation is that Heather was wearing her watch on her right wrist because typically a watch is worn on the left wrist. My husband is an exception to the usual and, if he wears one at all, puts it on his right wrist even though he's right handed.

Also, that's a large watch and would be easy to spot on someone's dresser or the place they take their jewelry off after coming home. I wonder if Heather's watch was located anywhere inside her condo. If it was found tucked away somewhere, that would be odd imo unless she's a total neatnik.

Hang on a minute. If the watch reads 1.04, then how is it that TE receives the photo at 10.41ish? :scared:

Me too and welcome btw. I love owls.

Yes, we have. I believe they were using TOMNOD which takes satellite images from DigitalGlobe. The problem is, I know there was a satellite image for 18 December taken at 11:27 AM (Local? GMT? Don't know.). BUT for everything just to the west of PTL east to north MB it is unavailable. Everything to the west of PTL is just fine. It's as if it has been pulled out. LE got it? Don't know, but that would be my guess. But the relevant image is unavailable.

like the other person stated,I'm sure someone could volunteer a plane or helicopter to take images and then it's crowsorced by everyone interested going over the images-like a group search everyone across the world could participate in..it might even find some others too!

Well....if it is 1:04am then something is off because her dad said he got the text at 10.....

like the other person stated,I'm sure someone could volunteer a plane or helicopter to take images and then it's crowsorced by everyone interested going over the images-like a group search everyone across the world could participate in..it might even find some others too!

I thought about this when it was posted earlier. I would be afraid of what would be found if you had the ability to do a helicopter search for body parts. I guess a lot of families would get closure. Can we invent something like this, make it a service for families of missing people?

Woe.be.gone, TY... If the time on her watch is accurate, and at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father. The numb3rs don't equate.. How would that be possible?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found
<sniped>

Hours earlier, at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father.

“She texted me a picture of herself driving this guy’s truck, a Ford Pickup, stick shift,” Elvis said. “At the bottom, she texted, ‘Ha, I’m a pro.’”

I was following Heather's threads obsessively until Tuesday, when a little girl I knew was stabbed to death. (http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-79006051/)
I'm about 500 or so posts behind. I keep trying to catch up, but I'm having a hard time thinking.
Are there any updates on Heather's case? Feel free to PM me, if necessary. Thank you in advance, fellow members of Heather's army!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Lord have mercy. That poor child. Too much of this going on. I'll be praying they find who did it.

I can't see anything on her watch in the picture. I doubt he has the time wrong, his cell records and the actual photo would prove when he got the picture. I doubt LE hasn't asked to see it. JMO

This is crazy, but I think I'm right. I think she has the watch on upside-down. The "winder" is on the right side of the pic as we're looking at it, so it would be on the left side of the watch as she's looking at it. I've never seen a winder on the left side of a watch.

Woe.be.gone, TY... If the time on her watch is accurate, and at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father. The numb3rs don't equate.. How would that be possible?

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2014/01/07/elvis-heather-missing-after-date-myrtle-beach-car-found

<sniped>

Hours earlier, at 10:43pm, Heather texted a photograph to her father.

“She texted me a picture of herself driving this guy’s truck, a Ford Pickup, stick shift,” Elvis said. “At the bottom, she texted, ‘Ha, I’m a pro.’”

Unless her watch was broken, and she was wearing it for the fashion aspect. Sounds dumb but maybe...

Unless her watch was broken, and she was wearing it for the fashion aspect. Sounds dumb but maybe...

Lol, I do this. I have several watches that I switch out with my outfits and none of them have the correct time.

So HE's posts won't show up as Eastern time (as her computer is in that zone) when I look at her posts, because I'm Central time?

I'm in a maze.

HE's posts look to me like they were made in the Central time zone (which isn't true) is what I'm trying to say.

You're confused? I'm in Australia, so when I checked her posts - it was showing action the next day... I figured something had to be up, so I left it to the expert sleuths - you guys. Cheers... :)

Thanks, this is great because your response answers my question in a concrete way.
So anyone who is looking at Heather's tumblr in the eastern time zone should see the actual times the additions were posted to her account.

Therefore, if someone else somehow added the ten entries from the central time zone to Heather's account, a person looking at Heather's computer in SC would see the posts reflected as the eastern time zone (unless some other feature was implemented as others have explained but info is still above my head).

It appears the moral of the story is that using social media to pindown details in a missing person case is complicated and seldom straightforward imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member