SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason I discount this is I do not believe Heather had the resources to pull this off.
That's not to say no one does. Plenty of people do. Some younger people do. I just do not gather from all of the information available that Heather has the resources to walk away on her own without a trace.
I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe OMM provided the resources for a few mos to get her out of town and protect her. I don't believe this, but could happen IMO

One would think if TE had many LE "friends",I'm sure they'd tell him what needed doing and might make some extra effort to "resolve" things. But it also depends on Heathers behaviors-maybe she was increasingly estranged so they wouldn't necessarily know her every day comings and goings? It would seem if they were unaware of her SM then maybe it was just brushed off as "these crazy kids" & letting TE drive the car home would save impoundment fees,etc? :moo:

I think the fact that TE became alarmed at the scene of the abandoned car, particularly when he couldn't reach Heather after several calls, and based on his remarks to LE that something was out of order, it would make sense that LE would have secured the car for processing, even if that occurred at a later time.

I've gone over 40 articles and can't find it..going to look over early posts to see if they are linked

It's in the first piece that TE wrote for oxjane (or whatever it is called).

Salem

Agree. Just with this case it... is frustrating bc there's no info and the pr did help ease my mind a little that they know more. I just wish some more of it could be shared. I mean, I've been hearing rumors in rl that I either heard way before they were released or that haven't been mentioned as rumor online yet. Though one keeps popping up in some of y'alls theories.

Mostly wanted to answer your question as best I could under the circumstances. So... did I?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Yes. Thank you!

Maybe OMM provided the resources for a few mos to get her out of town and protect her. I don't believe this, but could happen IMO

Many people actually think this could be the case. Or other people. Not her family. I truly believe they have no clue.

How do you know she did?

Can you elaborate?

I know people who know her and if she came to them that she was in danger and needed out they would have helped and gotten her out. Unfortunately they have not heard from her for... I guess maybe 4 months at least as of now. They're worried in particular because of how attached she was to her phone. :/ I'm just hoping there may be other people I don't know of who would have done the same thing.

Many people actually think this could be the case. Or other people. Not her family. I truly believe they have no clue.

100% agree. I think if she did arrange this bc of fear for safety they may have advised her not to tell them so that their reactions would be honest and true.

Oh hai Salem! How ya doing tonight? Hope we're not making too much trouble?

If she has run off and not bothered to let LE know she is safe, then let her pay the expenses of the search and investigation to date.

I do not believe this to be the case. But she is twenty, not a child, and it would be ridiculous not to let LE or her parents know if she is safe, even if not where.

This makes no sense. If she was in fear of her safety why wouldn't she go to her parents and the police? What indication do you have that she may have been in danger? This makes no logical sense to me.

I can understand speculation, but at least try to lay out things in a logical fashion as it relates to what we know.

It's her opinion. It's mine and others have expressed it as well. Many people in fear do not go to their parents OR the police. Example, people don't report abuse or rapes everyday because they won't be believed, it is hard to prove, difficult to prosecute and the victim often is often tried to be shown in a bad light. So, victims either stay quiet and endure the abuse, fear or run. With HE, we know she had an ex that could have the potential to be violent and she never told her dad that OR mentioned him to her dad. She never told her dad she was dated another guy who was married. This guy who now is back with his wife and she says is leaving wife for her. That could be dangerous. She mentioned going to the hospital and having $4,000 in bills and falling down the stairs on at least two occasions that I remember. https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis maybe the bills and falls were injuries from "danger."

100% agree. I think if she did arrange this bc of fear for safety they may have advised her not to tell them so that their reactions would be honest and true.

Work with me, please. How would a 20 year old think she would be safer out on her own, without the support of most of her friends and family? If she uses her real name, someone will eventually put missing Heather Elvis together with Heather Elvis in *new location*. If she uses a different name and she ever wanted to work legally, she would need a new birth certificate, or have to buy a new to her SS number and ID from somewhere (scary to think she would know people dealing in those, but it could happen, I suppose).

I'm trying to figure out how it could make MORE sense to think she wandered off on her own (as opposed to foul play), abandoned her mode of transportation (which makes sense she would have to do to cut ties), changed phone plans or destroyed her phone (which makes sense she would have to do to cut ties), leave all or at least most of her belongings behind (which she wouldn't have to do, so why would you?), leaving no evidence of any plans to leave that her family has pursued in the media, when there is nothing that shows she had any reason to do so.

I don't think they would have locked it and how did they get the keys? They didn't break in because TE has said there was no damage to the car. And no alarm went off, or someone would have heard it.

Heathers keys are STILL missing. TE had to use his spare keys to drive the car home. If she was jumped at home or in parking lot they'd have her keys.

I think the somebody would have been LE, or her father, or both, and that would have resulted in a stolen car report for which there would be a record and a statement by now.

Except we don't know Haethers history of car use-did she do wahtever and did she disappear or not communicate for days at a time?

I can see what you're saying about considering other scenarios, but I don't think this one is plausible. Heather would have been screaming if/while still alive, and her body would have drawn attention long ago if placed in one of the environments you suggest.

I'm confident this is a very sad case of a person or persons known to her deciding for vindictive reasons to lure her and end her life.

I tend to agree with you. That's why I said I was just throwing it out to stir the pot and think in a different direction. Not because I believe it to be the fact just trying to exclude things by process of elimination

If she has run off and not bothered to let LE know she is safe, then let her pay the expenses of the search and investigation to date.

I do not believe this to be the case. But she is twenty, not a child, and it would be ridiculous not to let LE or her parents know if she is safe, even if not where.

What if she let LE know she is safe. How involved are they in this investigation? I am not in SC. So, I only here rumors, which I don't listen to. Could they know and just be tagging along to things. Or have they actually spearheaded anything on their own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220