SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this depends on incentive. If you have knowledge or were an accomplice in any way, you might well be willing to turn on other parties.

I've always felt like LE might be focusing on pressuring one to throw another or others under the bus.

I don't think anyone with actual involvement will have a Come to Jesus out of concern or compassion for Heather, but neither do I think such a person who faces severe consequences will take one for the team.

Once the threat of life in prison looms, deals are quickly made for a reduced sentence. But this all depends on the level of involvement.

Once the threat of life in prison looms, deals are quickly made for a reduced sentence. But this all depends on the level of involvement.

Again, we are most likely back to Heather being found, before any of this happens, IMO.

I'm sure that article has been updated & the original piece changed. I don't even know how to do screen shots or i would have saved it. I went crazy all nite yesterday trying to find it.
I believe it was in thread #2 and might have been removed because it said they let him drive her car home.(a BIG NO-NO)
As far as I can remember it said an officer showed up at door at 7pm,but since police were friends he thought nothing of it. Also said it was registered to him & when he went out to PTL it was locked and license on seat. Said he drove it home.Also said he wore gloves to drive it home.
Perhaps this first article didn't show LE in a good light since they apparently released the car to him without investigating it or securing it. Bet that would leave a gaping liabilty issue as well as destroy some evidence.

It is frustrating but MSM articles frequently change or disappear in many cases here, not just this one. MSM tends to "correct" or edit online articles as info becomes clearer, changes, etc. without making notes as to why changes are made. It is not necessarily indication of a cover-up. Could be the initial, hastily run pieces include bad info from the start. JMO

I have been waiting for someone who knows something in the cases of Lauren Spierer, Haleigh Cummings and Kortne Stouffer, all who seem to have a group of potential POI's and those cases are from almost two to five years old now, with no one saying a word. People cover their own *advertiser censored**es, IMO, before anything else. Some of the POI's know the parents of victims, have heard their pleas, and apparently, remain unmoved. JMO

Perhaps none of the persons involved perceive or face enough of a threat to be motivated to talk.

That's the issue. If there's no reason to give up information, no threat to your freedom, why give it up?

Again, we are most likely back to Heather being found, before any of this happens, IMO.

I disagree. With advancements in forensics you don't necessarily need a body. Any type of physical evidence could be enough.

As far as I am aware there has only been one article to this xojane site. No other article was written that I'm aware of so I do not think this is an update, I think this is the original.

My personal opinion is that several articles have been updated to remove certain info. When that happens I believe there is reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps none of the persons involved perceive or face enough of a threat to be motivated to talk.

That's the issue. If there's no reason to give up information, no threat to your freedom, why give it up?

That is why I have said nothing will happen if Heather is not found.

I'm sure that article has been updated & the original piece changed. I don't even know how to do screen shots or i would have saved it. I went crazy all nite yesterday trying to find it.

I believe it was in thread #2 and might have been removed because it said they let him drive her car home.(a BIG NO-NO)

As far as I can remember it said an officer showed up at door at 7pm,but since police were friends he thought nothing of it. Also said it was registered to him & when he went out to PTL it was locked and license on seat. Said he drove it home.Also said he wore gloves to drive it home.

Perhaps this first article didn't show LE in a good light since they apparently released the car to him without investigating it or securing it. Bet that would leave a gaping liabilty issue as well as destroy some evidence.

I did too, I was up until 3 am looking at all 5 pages of video and links in the early threads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is why I have said nothing will happen if Heather is not found.

I disagree. If LE knows something that ties a person to the disappearance or to the persons responsible, and LE is confident in what they know, they don't need to have her body to apply pressure.

This could lead to finding her body or at least discovering what happened to it.

My head spins at things that are inconsistent. The missing person poster still states the car was discovered abandoned at PTL at 12/17. This contradicts the date. Also, the Missing Person Police Report has an occurred on time of 12/17 10:43pm, which is when the text was received, a modified time and a closed time. It wouldn't make sense to reference a text because there would be no physical contact or way to know it was her and even so, the occurred on is always the date of the actual event, unless it was known she was missing since this date/time.

I disagree. With advancements in forensics you don't necessarily need a body. Any type of physical evidence could be enough.

But that would entail finding a crime scene, which apparently has not happened, since Le seems reluctant to even say foul play has occurred. In past cases without bodies, for the most part, there has been evidence of a crime (pool of blood, signs of struggle) and/or previous reported incidents of violence. In Susan Powell's case, blood was evidently found and still no case was ever brought. No case in Stacey Peterson's disappearance either, and none in Jennifer Ramsaran's or Lacy Peterson's, until bodies were found. Cases without bodies happen more than they used to, but some kind of proof of a crime is needed. Look at the discussions here about Heather having run off-a few jurors are likely to agree. JMO

I disagree. If LE knows something that ties a person to the disappearance or to the persons responsible, and LE is confident in what they know, they don't need to have her body to apply pressure.

This could lead to finding her body or at least discovering what happened to it.

If the suspect gets a lawyer and stops talking to LE, how would LE apply pressure?

But that would entail finding a crime scene, which apparently has not happened, since Le seems reluctant to even say foul play has occurred. In past cases without bodies, for the most part, there has been evidence of a crime (pool of blood, signs of struggle) and/or previous reported incidents of violence. In Susan Powell's case, blood was evidently found and still no case was ever brought. No case in Stacey Peterson's disappearance either, and none in Jennifer Ramsaran's or Lacy Peterson's, until bodies were found. Cases without bodies happen more than they used to, but some kind of proof of a crime is needed. Look at the discussions here about Heather having run off-a few jurors are likely to agree. JMO

Yes, but as to your point that a body is necessary is demonstrably false. We know nothing about where the LE is at in the investigation, that's the frustrating part.

If this were true, she would have to have no relationship with her parents/family and her roommate. To disappear right before Christmas, not show up for Christmas, and not think her parents would look for her. Whether she is somewhere exposed to media or not I would think there is a high likelihood she would have a good hunch and "know" that someone is looking for her.
Unless I've overestimated her relationship to her parents and roommate.
Are you saying that she wouldn't "know" her parents would look for her, or her roommate?

I'm sure she thought they would notice she was gone, but not that they'd call the police and everything else. Especially if she thought she'd said something. There was a case around here recently where a college guy came back from three weeks in Guatemala thinking that having left a message on his mom's answering machine that he wouldn't be home for dinner on Sunday was an adequate message that he was going on an extended trip :p

Another area runaway has been located in Ohio. He left his car parked in the public library parking lot, turned off his cellphone, and took off with nothing but what he had in his pockets. He wanted to come home but when he saw his face on the evening news, he was too embarrassed to call.

Kids do stupid things and don't think things through, and however grown up she acts most of the time, HE is still just a kid.

Yes, but as to your point that a body is necessary is demonstrably false.

I said it was my opinion that in this case, I believe a body is needed to proceed, unless there is a confession of course. Not in all cases.

I asked 10 days ago if the article had been edited. I KNOW it was.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10141789&postcount=481

As for anyone that might have information about what happened to Heather, and they lied to LE about it, they'd be charged with something like "Giving false information to law enforcement, accessory after the fact of a felony".

eta: I wonder if you Google that phrase now... would it bring you to this thread.

I doubt the prosecution is going to charge anyone without a body unless someone confesses or they find major evidence that HE is dead. There's a big risk, of not getting a conviction, and I don't see them taking it.

I was looking at HE's twitter and notice that she tweets other people, other people tweet her, and she retweets others. One thing I did notice is that she has no communication with her roommate on her twitter. I just found it a bit odd. My close friends and I are always commenting on fb and those with twitter are always retweeting things of those close with. Just an observation. Not sure it means much or even anything. I dont know how long they know each other because I have read so many different reports.

Twitter/heatherelvis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member