SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For people checking Heather's twitter. On the 25th March, she mentions she needs to be in Florida right there and then as she cant stand the distance.

That sounds like a love interest, so was it the ex boyfriend she lived with, a co-worker or OM or AN Other?
Which one of them was in Florida at that time?
Or was she in a long distance relationship that we haven't found out about yet?

I hope LE have checked this angle out as it could easily catch one of them out in a lie. KWIM?

IIRC (if i recall correctly) Heather wanted to be a disney princess so maybe that was a reference to LIVING down there. AS a woman whose height is the same and having moved down to Florida I was disappointed to find out I was TOO SHORT to be a princess. THey said for my height I'd be the perfect character-No thanks to that!
I do wonder if there's a Florida connection tho since roomie went to FL for Xmas? then again,apparently a LOT of families go to Florida for Xmas..just thinking out loud

For people checking Heather's twitter. On the 25th March, she mentions she needs to be in Florida right there and then as she cant stand the distance.

That sounds like a love interest, so was it the ex boyfriend she lived with, a co-worker or OM or AN Other?
Which one of them was in Florida at that time?
Or was she in a long distance relationship that we haven't found out about yet?

I hope LE have checked this angle out as it could easily catch one of them out in a lie. KWIM?

I noticed that today too! I am not sure when she & OMM started their "relationship" but I was curious who she was missing as well!!

someone else local mentioned that was the BACK of that particular shopping area and was not very popular. They said that the FRONT had a movie theatre.
In the areas I'm familiar with most stores decorate the FRONT and not the rear??
Hope I'm correct. I believe that other person stated there was a more popular shopping place right down the road. Sorry if I can't remember names-it seems a lot of threads blur together.:banghead:

Yes the Coastal Grand Mall is North of Murrells Inlet Mall n is newer n more popular. It's about a 10 minute drive or less north toward MB. Longer in the summertime with vacationers. Plus there's another outside Marketplace on thr old air force base with high end stores. Again north towards MB. The marketplace is closer to Murrells Inlet than the Coastal Mall.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

My thought are still with married guy until LE says he is cleared. Last to talk to her, as I believe to be true (no phone switching, spoofing, etc.) when it was he who had upset her, etc...no photos or old tweets change any of that IMO.

I apologize if someone already mentioned it, but our malls here close at 10:00PM around Christmas time, and they make the employees park way in the back of the lots, so the front parking lot WOULD be empty at 10:45. Do the stores at Inlet Square Mall stay open later than 10:00 pm at Christmas time?

1) Here's the holiday hours, as you can see they were open til 11... http://www.inletsquaremall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Holiday-Hours-2013.pdf

However,

2) Would you want to teach someone to drive stick in a crowded mall parking lot?!?!

3) It was a Tuesday night, work night, school night. (School calendar: http://www.horrycountyschools.net/pages/Horry_County_Schools/Calendar)

and 4) Most people who would be doing specific shopping ie, for holidays at that time of night would have done it 16 minutes up the road at Coastal Grand Mall. Generally speaking when people in this vicinity say they're going to "the mall" that's the one they mean. They would otherwise specify a different one.

Also Inlet Square Mall only has 10 stores, 2 entertainment places, 3 places to eat (but one is also an entertainment place) and 2 health/beauty places (nails and a spa).

Comparatively Coastal Grand has: ALL THIS http://www.coastalgrand.com/pdfs/directoryMap.pdf (Yeah I so am not sorting and typing that list lol.)

I'm trying to wrap my thoughts around the photo not being taken the night before she disappeared, I'm really not sure about that. If it's not from that night what could that mean. I think I'm going to need the tea leaves read to me.

I'm trying to wrap my thoughts around the photo not being taken the night before she disappeared, I'm really not sure about that. If it's not from that night what could that mean. I think I'm going to need the tea leaves read to me.

I agree I *think* it was based on what facts we have but stranger things have happened. It is possible that it was taken at a different time BUT the date & TE would be able to discuss that (did you take the pic, yes or no sir) I have however sparked my own interest in the cigarette butts. DH smokes & if he spent any time somewhere there would be butts. I have heard many murder cases solved by cigarette butts (DNA & fingerprints not to mention timelines) IMO

Not sure if I get what all the talking about the pic that she sent to her dad that night.
It is not a selfie, someone took that pic, I have to assume it was her date. I also have to assume LE have questioned him and asked if he took that pic. I also have to assume if that was not the pic that he took of her he would have stated that to LE.

I would think that there should be enough proof of HE's time spent earlier in the night. I believe there were receipts found in her car. Also, video surveillance of the date's vehicle all over town and eye-witnesses to them having dinner that night. I don't think it would be too tough to make sure the date's alibi is airtight. LE says he's cleared.

My thought are still with married guy until LE says he is cleared. Last to talk to her, as I believe to be true (no phone switching, spoofing, etc.) when it was he who had upset her, etc...no photos or old tweets change any of that IMO.
I hear you cluciano and I'm on the same page as you I think. I'm looking at her twitter to try and build a retrospective timeline in my head (and sharing aloud on here) before she got upset that night. Why did OM have such a pull on her?
She says to her friend on twitter that she was only kidding about her preggo my eggo comment, but what if she wasn't? That was tweeted on July 24th, almost 5 months before she disappeared.

IIRC (if i recall correctly) Heather wanted to be a disney princess so maybe that was a reference to LIVING down there. AS a woman whose height is the same and having moved down to Florida I was disappointed to find out I was TOO SHORT to be a princess. THey said for my height I'd be the perfect character-No thanks to that!
I do wonder if there's a Florida connection tho since roomie went to FL for Xmas? then again,apparently a LOT of families go to Florida for Xmas..just thinking out loud
I read about her wanting to be a Disney Princess Snowy.
I'm curious to know how much she wanted that, or was it a recent thing in her life? Was she always into Disney and how high on a scale of 1-10 was her obsession about it?

Re Florida, she tweets (May22nd) a picture of a beach to one of her friends and they both concur that when they go to Florida together in the future they have to go yo the beach. That pic is now no longer available. The twitter account that Heather got it from -@IncrediblePics
Their tweets only go back to November 2013, so theres been deletions on that account. Wonder why. Also, two golden labs are showing still, Heather tweeted a golden lab at one point.

South Carolina :The only place where you can wear a coat / gloves and shorts/flip flops in the same week,lol

I agree I *think* it was based on what facts we have but stranger things have happened. It is possible that it was taken at a different time BUT the date & TE would be able to discuss that (did you take the pic, yes or no sir) I have however sparked my own interest in the cigarette butts. DH smokes & if he spent any time somewhere there would be butts. I have heard many murder cases solved by cigarette butts (DNA & fingerprints not to mention timelines) IMO

Cigarette butts? Color me confused.

Cigarette butts? Color me confused.

I noticed in more than a few of HE pics she smokes (green) Camel cigs. I wonder if any butts were found around her car to say if she spent any time there or just dropped the car there.

South Carolina :The only place where you can wear a coat / gloves and shorts/flip flops in the same week,lol

Haha! Don't forget LA, MS, AL, GA & FL! Like Forrest Gump said, it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get!

umm. /waving from Florida/ we are the same way... so aggravating. jacket in the morning, shorts in the afternoon...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I noticed in more than a few of HE pics she smokes (green) Camel cigs. I wonder if any butts were found around her car to say if she spent any time there or just dropped the car there.

Or cig buds at PTL where the car was found if she spent any time there.

Oh, gotcha. And if those could have been discovered in areas of interest too. I wasn't aware she smoked, but I haven't looked at all of her pics.

Haha! Don't forget LA, MS, AL, GA & FL! Like Forrest Gump said, it's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get!

Must be like that in a lot of places. :)
In MD we say if you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes it'll change.
Sure wish it would change soon. We are hovering around 7 degrees brrrrr

RE: I have heard many murder cases solved by cigarette butts (DNA & fingerprints not to mention timelines)

Serial killer Gary Ridgeway; green river, would visit the Seattle Airport and collect discarded cigarette butts with dna to place nearby when he disposed of his victim's remains. GR's intent was to confuse, and to persuade investigators that the active predator in Kings county, WA, was someone flying in from out of town. Although GR's IQ was only 80, he evaded investigators for over 2 decades, eventually identified due to dna technology upgrades 11/2001.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member