SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So BB has been arrested? The guy posting about the searches, taking tips, etc.?

wannabe private investigators screwing things up. I hope they are charged with the maximum sentence possible.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24565490/2-charged-with-interferring-in-case-of-heather-elvis

William Christopher Barrett, age 52, and Garrett Ryan Starnes, age 25, both of Myrtle Beach, are facing charges of obstructing justice.

Don't know if this is allowed, so mods be kind, but most of us would recognize the name Bill Barrett better I think.

Has the other person arrested ever been on anyone radar before now? If so, can you help me out cause I do not remember any one by that name. TIA

Don't know if this is allowed, so mods be kind, but most of us would recognize the name Bill Barrett better I think.

Has the other person arrested ever been on anyone radar before now? If so, can you help me out cause I do not remember any one by that name. TIA

Yes, that name is quite prevalent on certain websites...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

he is a very active member of the FHE page and said to be a close friend of the family. Garrett as well.

The mob has no mind!!:banghead:

JMO it is always a flag to me when someone on a FB pages is asking for tips to come directly to him or her...

Anyone else think this is the Holly Bobo investigation, deja vu?
This is an expected result, due to a lack of a media management strategy by HCPD, imo. Folks are getting frustrated due to the many unsolved missing/murdered female/persons cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC, lack of transparency by LE & the local ms media. Trust me, the spoon-fed local ms media will be all over this story..front page

Well, if nothing else maybe MSM will mention certain details tonight on the news and open up the discussion parameters a bit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They aren't showing up yet in jail. Yes, very interesting. BB and Starnes...

http://sheriff.horrycounty.org/Detention/DailyBookingsandReleases.aspx

There is usually an 8 hr lag in the arrest, booking, and posting. The site also has a history of not posting every booking for the day. i used to have to search it daily for DUI arrest, etc. You will have a better chances finding info by searchin the Public Index.

http://www.horrycounty.org/OnlineServices/PublicIndex.aspx

Some things that bother me (and this is not all inclusive).

- Last ping for cell phone was originally ‘sometime after 3 AM’ on the 18th. Then when the remaining info in the redacted PR is made public, I don’t recall anything about the last ping. But last phone call was to OM about 6 AM. Call ended at 6 AM or initiated at 6 AM?
- So now it is stated that TMobile – which we believe HE had – might use PST time for records of phone activity. So is the 6 AM really 6 AM EST or 9 AM EST? Remembering this 6 AM time is coming from a preliminary report.
- Was there a spare key to the condo? Did she provide someone the key? Did she have a secret location where she might keep one to avoid being locked out? And, if so, could that location be similar to one she used at a previous apartment?
- Car is found at landing late afternoon on the 19th. LE, per an interview with TE, states that LE actually came to his house about the car. Even in the small town where I grew up it was not likely that the PD would come to our house about a ‘possible’ abandoned vehicle. Did LE see or know something at that point? From a nearby resident of PTL? The LEO did a preliminary search of the car when TE unlocked the car and pulled out recent receipts. That means he didn’t believe this was your ordinary abandoned vehicle.
- Between the morning hours of the 18th and the discovery on the 19th we don’t know when the car was parked there. Locals interviewed? Fisherman interviewed? Word put out in the community that LE wants to talk to anyone that used the landing between the morning of the 18th and sometime on the 19th?
- Did HE’s condos have assigned parking places? Or did HE usually park in one area? Another resident may have noticed her car wasn’t there on the morning of the 18th. Someone going to work early may have seen the car pulling out of the lot around 6 AM. Unless HE left the condo between 3 AM and 6 AM and the last call was from another location. Assuming 6 AM EST and not 9 AM EST per above.
- We have no information from MSM that TE actually drove HE’s car home on the evening of the 19th. (Yes, we have it from one VI that he did drive it home.) But as several have pointed out there are no news reports that ACTUALLY state he did drive the car home. (I’ve been trying to catch up and I don’t recall anyone finding one that stated that TE drove it.) The fact that is missing from all of the reports I’ve seen is strange. Why would that be left out? Was the car impounded and processed and this fact is being kept from the media (to keep the perp(s) in the dark)? Or was this an error by LE to allow the car to be driven off and that is why it is purposely not released to the media?
- No word as to whether or dogs were used around the car and whether or not they found a scent. Although, it was mentioned that dogs were later used in a search around that area. In many cases, if the dogs catch and track a scent (Sierra Lamar, Teleka Patrick) it is usually publicized. Leads to speculation as to actually drove the car there.
- If someone else drove it there – to plant it a good distance from a crime scene – how did they leave the scene? Walk? (Someone might have noticed them.) An accomplice drove them away? (We have tossed out various other options – a bike or towed the vehicle there – but I am thinking the two most obvious and simpliest above. Also a boat, but again I am still thinking the KISS principle and going with the two most obvious.)

OK, I know some of this has been kicked around already. But I find I have to go back and write things down to help think about it. Besides, I may have some erroneous info above - like did TE really drive the car and was that reported in the media.

Holy Cow!!

BB was all over that page.
I wonder if he just stepped outside of the normal bounds in the eyes of LE?
He was in effect 'doing things the Elvis family couldn't do'??

Wow.

Holy Cow!!

BB was all over that page.
I wonder if he just stepped outside of the normal bounds in the eyes of LE?
He was in effect 'doing things the Elvis family couldn't do'??

Wow.

I imagine they were trying to help, but crossed way over the line.

Yes, he was a regular " insider " poster on the FHE page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member