SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ever find the missing police vehicle that was stolen? Any updates on that?

Did they ever find the other person who ran away from that shooting at 5AM on Dec17?I know they recently apprehended one of them. Was there any further calls to public to be on the lookout for that person at the time they apprehended the other?
If this person is named and known with pictures,etc and they STILL haven't found him what's to say they can find Heather,who's attracted a LOT more attention?
I only mention this because both might be connected in some way to Heathers disappearance.
I just heard a weird case reported in the news where a 21 year old lady was pulled over.Afraid she had a warrant out (she didn't) she called 911 to report a robbery in a convenience store down the street thereby pulling the officer from her traffic stop. You can't make this stuff up!:moo:

I don't think we are allowed to post it unless either one of us obtains it or MSM releases it.
If anyone else has a different recollection, please chime in.

That is what I remember. I believe one of the mods brought it up on Sunday of this week, probably thread 11. Anyone want to go request a copy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Personally, I doubt LE will find Heather. Often, it is not LE who finds victims, missing persons, etc. but the public, doing everyday things. If she became a crime victim, i.e. homicide, she is not likely in a place out in the open, but rather, hidden. How can LE have any idea where that place might be, if pings or video have not surfaced to lead them?

So, the bond has been paid. The next mention date is in June, 2014 for "bond returnable". What does that mean? And what happens now?

BR court is just an appearance date. They will show up, with their attorneys if they have one, and, assuming their case is not ready for trial with the Solicitor's Office, they will get an Initial Appearance/Second Appearance date to show at court next. It's basically a way to make sure that they haven't fled. If they show, the money paid toward the bond will be returned at the end of the case.

If their case is ready for trial the Solicitor will put the case on the docket and trial/plea will be scheduled.

I think I have evidence there is a suspect in this case. I am unsure if I can post it though.

Is it dated 1/19?

Yes. CC880 posted something about this date, that's what makes me think maybe I can't. I didn't bother trying to keep up with all the stuff on this thread and the other page, I have been bogged down with one too many FB cases where everything went viral. I only have so much energy, kwim?

I believe I know what you are referring to about the 1/19 and a suspect. That was discussed and taken down by Mods because it was not in MSM or LE released. =(

Things are moving quite a bit faster today, and now that I am all caught up I have a question. Are we allowed to discuss comments left on the MSM or HCPD FB pages?

Was there an answer on this? I'm mostly curious about comments left on say WMBF, WBTW, etc sites. The comments are usually from a Facebook plugin, so they are technically FB comments, but on an actual MSM site.

Was there an answer on this? I'm mostly curious about comments left on say WMBF, WBTW, etc sites. The comments are usually from a Facebook plugin, so they are technically FB comments, but on an actual MSM site.

No, comments are not allowed from any of the sites.

Where are they on MSM?

Private Investigators are licensed by the State of South Carolina. They know the rules and are quite aware of what is "over-the-line". They could lose their license if convicted. Let's hope they didn't do any damage to LE ability to find Heather. jmo

Did I miss something? I didn't see anything posted relating to PIs except that maybe the Elvis family should hire one.
Unless they didn't need to hire one because there was already one on their team . . .

I don't know that there are any as of right now. I was just asking for future reference, and because MSM sources will respond to comments left on some stories.

I am really hoping MSM will do a complete story soon, so we can just exhale and post...

Also I wonder who she was in a relationship with in July, as per her FB...is that a reference to OM? I think that is close to when she first saw him.

And wasn't it said by someone, maybe a VI, that she lived with a BF at some point? I wonder when that was and who he was. No BF ever seems to be mentioned by name that I can find, in her SM. I wonder if she lived with him very recently, or if this was before OM came along.

Sometimes when you have a bad breakup, you delete all pictures and comments about this person. Judging by her social media patterns I would say late november around the 22nd seems like things changed.

For a Bond of $2500, you would only have to put up $250 cash from what Bail Bondsmen say. Only have to put up 10% of the total amount.

Not South Carolina, but some other states have bond/bail and one is the same as the other. In other words, if the amount is set at $2,500 that's what you'd have to pay to be released from jail.
I just learned this difference recently from another case. Most states set a bond and then you pay a percentage to be released from jail as is in SC.

Before I read the bail had been paid for the two men, having already read that their bond was set at $2,500, I wondered how much cash would be needed for them to make bail. I wondered what SC's bond/bail policy is (so I looked it up) because, a few weeks ago, I was suprised to learn that not all states have a bond amount (representing the larger amount in most states) but that the amount stated as Bond is the actual amount needed to get out of jail. To confuse the issue more, those states still use both terms, bond and bail, but use them interchangeably (even though they represent the same amount of money). On the other case, I was confused because the two terms, as far as I knew and believed to be the case ALWAYS, represent two different amounts.

Sorry it wasn't clear my post was meant to share a lesson I learned recently.

Creek-Ratz, I only used your post to launch from to share what I learned on the other case. I wasn't directing the information AT you. Obviously, the info you posted is correct as applied to this case. For clarity, I should have begun my post with 'slightly off topic'.

I guess I was showing off what I had learned and meant it more as a conversational type post.

Also I wonder who she was in a relationship with in July, as per her FB...is that a reference to OM? I think that is close to when she first saw him.

And wasn't it said by someone, maybe a VI, that she lived with a BF at some point? I wonder when that was and who he was. No BF ever seems to be mentioned by name that I can find, in her SM. I wonder if she lived with him very recently, or if this was before OM came along.

It wasn't an insider who stated the info.
Someone here provided a copy of the post where someone here said she lived with a bf right before living with BW but when I went back to look at the original post it is gone.
So unless a VI wants to come in to tell is who she lived with before moving in with BW, we have to take it as a rumor.

It wasn't an insider who stated the info.
Someone here provided a copy of the post where someone here said she lived with a bf right before living with BW but when I went back to look at the original post it is gone.
So unless a VI wants to come in to tell is who she lived with before moving in with BW, we have to take it as a rumor.

Just wondering how men were in her life of late...possibly several?

Usually it's 10% through a bail bondsman plus bondsman fees

Watching a show about a "no body" case...basically, even though there was no crime scene, they used motive (pending divorce) lack of contact with any friends or family, and lack of any monetary activity to prove their case. But it took a while before they finally decided to go ahead with the case, in fact over fifteen years. (Ann Racz)

Sometimes when you have a bad breakup, you delete all pictures and comments about this person. Judging by her social media patterns I would say late november around the 22nd seems like things changed.

right around the holidays (Thanksgiving,Xmas) is usually when breakups tend to happen IF going home or trying to bring someone to parents might have been embarrassing considering they prolly didn't approve of such lifestyle or choose to ignore considering it's a "passing phase". You'd have to answer all kinds of intrusive questions over the table.....
Earlier threads like 10 or so I also brought up if "falling down stairs at work" might not have just been a convenient excuse to explain bruises from a violent boyfried if they had just broken up.Or maybe that boyfriend might have found out about another one on the side concurrently (OM)? Maybe that's when Heather went to a private Twitter account?
since an MSM article stated he called roomie to find out WHO Heather went on a date with (TE first article on exojane that which has now since been revised), it might even be fair to assume that person (EXBF) might still have been considered as a boyfriend STILL? I also remember a VI mentioning an ex.In that same post I made I also brought up the possibility that an ex might have access to all her SM (either on the sly or not),maybe even duplicate keys?
so many half truths,revisions,shoddy reporting & shoddy police work all tied up in one since all we have is MSM to go by....THAT"S why LE dropped the ball in not informing or at LEAST denying things. This is the 21st century-Sgt Joe Friday is long since gone. Time to get with the times :moo:

I"m confused about something and maybe you all can help me clear it up in my mind. On the police report the officer states that TE informed him of both a possible violent ex bf, and also about OM. Was this report written the evening of finding the car when the officer and TE went and retrieved the car? If so, then that means TE knew about OM prior to the HE going missing correct? In order for it to be included in the police report he had to have known about it prior. [modsnip] If the report was simply written a day or two later, then it makes sense to me. If it was written that night of finding the car, then something doesn't add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313