SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here think SM was really intending on leaving his wife for HE, as he told her the wee hours of that morning? I don't believe that at all.
If he lied regarding his intentions about leaving his wife, then I ask why? Why that morning, a month after ending the fling/affair, would he decide to lay this LIE on Heather?
To use as an emotional ploy to get HE to meet him to "talk" because her date with another younger man, her co-worker, got him jealous or enraged?

If she left to meet SM and another person, a stranger nabbed her, then I'd say that is some bad luck. I'm not sure sure I believe in bad luck or coincidences in situations like this.

I keep coming back to the pregnancy angle. If your girlfriend becomes pregnant and decides to keep the baby, your marriage is in huge trouble. You are now tied to your girlfriend for the next 18 years. There's child support to pay, visitation, step-siblings, a whole rash of consequences you aren't ready to face....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone here think SM was really intending on leaving his wife for HE, as he told her the wee hours of that morning? I don't believe that at all.
If he lied regarding his intentions about leaving his wife, then I ask why? Why that morning, a month after ending the fling/affair, would he decide to lay this LIE on Heather?
To use as an emotional ploy to get HE to meet him to "talk" because her date with another younger man, her co-worker, got him jealous or enraged?

If she left to meet SM and another person, a stranger nabbed her, then I'd say that is some bad luck. I'm not sure sure I believe in bad luck or coincidences in situations like this.

I believe he said it to lure her out... I do not believe he meant it at all.

Im not good with analogies but will try...

If I was at Vegas and had to bet if the coins in the magicians hat were silver or copper and I saw just a glimmer of what was in there and it looked shiny, I would have to bet on the coins being silver.

Taking us back to this case and all that we do know. There are certain things that were either in news stories or articles that make me lean one way in this case. Its always possible it could be something else, but I cant go there yet until something shows that glimmer that something else happened. All the glimmers for me just happen to be pointing one way for now. One particular example is the way the Police Report described things.

Another example is her car being at the landing. Its hard to reconcile an option of her running away and that car being there. Now if it had been left at the airport of bus station there would be that glimmer of a possible runaway for sure.

So for now i keep leaning one way until something more surfaces.

I'm putting some confidence and relying on LE to hopefully have something they are waiting on besides just a body. Their police report was excellent IMO of how much progress they made so far. I just keep my hopes up that they have kept progressing and maybe they are waiting on some DNA results or maybe there was in fact a bloody crime scene they found and are being hush about it.

I sure hope so because I do agree with another poster that even if they find HE body, there is a chance it may not help much after all this time has gone by. Most of us including myself tend to think that finding that body will give tons more evidence. And we hope it does but I fear that it may not provide enough solid evidence even after HE is found.

So I am going on faith right now that LE already has much more that we are unaware of. Im hoping their case is getting close to being very solid and maybe they just need a body to finalize it.

I think they have quite a bit of circumstancial evidence that points to one specific theory but they can't prove that theory until they find Heather. Its amazing how much circumstancial evidence they can have on a suspect in a missing person case and not charge them. Just imagine being the investigators having to know that person is guilty as hell and still walking around free. But once the body shows up its all over. The person isnt missing anymore and the suspect(s) lies and excuses no longer hold up.

I really don't think TE is as well connected as he is made out to be. There hasn't even been a PC for the case, barely any searches...It's hard for me to imagine he has the sort of pull to get multiple agencies involved. There would be 100+ LE working on the case, not 15, if he was getting special privileges.

BBM

Exactly. I think TE, being a lifelong resident of Myrtle Beach is probably fairly well connected with the local LE. The federal authorities usually don't get involved in cases like these unless the local and/or state agencies request their assistance.

Also, the DEA is an branch of the Department of Justice-just like the FBI.

I have been pondering this since the information came out. I believe SM told Heather he had left his wife. Then she vanishes. If he had nothing to do with her disappearance and had left his wife for Heather, there should be evidence of him frantically trying to get in touch with her. When her dad and/or LE called him looking for Heather, he should have spilled his guts to them, worried sick. Does not add up.

I think they have quite a bit of circumstancial evidence that points to one specific theory but they can't prove that theory until they find Heather. Its amazing how much circumstancial evidence they can have on a suspect in a missing person case and not charge them. Just imagine being the investigators having to know that person is guilty as hell and still walking around free. But once the body shows up its all over. The person isnt missing anymore and the suspect(s) lies and excuses no longer hold up.

Thanks for this. Makes me think of Scott Peterson.

BBM

Its the same tired line that married men use all the time when trying to get women to go out with them.

I keep coming back to the pregnancy angle. If your girlfriend becomes pregnant and decides to keep the baby, your marriage is in huge trouble. You are now tied to your girlfriend for the next 18 years. There's child support to pay, visitation, step-siblings, a whole rash of consequences you aren't ready to face....

Yes, and if a man isn't wealthy enough to pay for another child on the side plus his own, that is going to be a problem.

I have been pondering this since the information came out. I believe SM told Heather he had left his wife. Then she vanishes. If he had nothing to do with her disappearance and had left his wife for Heather, there should be evidence of him frantically trying to get in touch with her. When her dad and/or LE called him looking for Heather, he should have spilled his guts to them, worried sick. Does not add up.

Good point, but I'm not convinced that he did tell HE that. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that part was distorted/misunderstood/misrepresented to the media. I don't know, I'd have to hear the roommate specifically quoted as saying that is what HE said to her to believe that. Not that I think the roommate lied, not at all, but I'm just not convinced that, due to telephone-down-the-lane kind of thing, that part is completely accurate. Just my opinion :). I believe there were phone calls, just not sure that's what was actually said.

BBM

Exactly. I think TE, being a lifelong resident of Myrtle Beach is probably fairly well connected with the local LE. The federal authorities usually don't get involved in cases like these unless the local and/or state agencies request their assistance.

Also, the DEA is an branch of the Department of Justice-just like the FBI.

LE is smart to not share information even with the family of HE. It sounds cruel but, they can't jeopardize an investigation.

Good point, but I'm not convinced that he did tell HE that. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that part was distorted/misunderstood/misrepresented to the media. I don't know, I'd have to hear the roommate specifically quoted as saying that is what HE said to her to believe that. Not that I think the roommate lied, not at all, but I'm just not convinced that, due to telephone-down-the-lane kind of thing, that part is completely accurate. Just my opinion :). I believe there were phone calls, just not sure that's what was actually said.

I thought it was officially confirmed the roommate was directly told by Heather, SM made this declaration during one of the flurry of back and forth calls?
If there were calls, and she did leave at that time to meet someone/him, then it sounds accurate because it fits the puzzle.
I guess it's possible the roommate misunderstood HE, or HE lied to the roommate, or the media is wrong.

We'll see.

It feels right, though.... you know? it fits with the calls back and forth and HE leaving to go meet up with "someone".

^^^ Agreed, Evelyn. They had likely been "broken up" for awhile too. Would take a pretty strong declaration/message to get her back out that late at night. It fits for me.

So from the most recent article, it seems LE are fairly confident that Heather drove herself to PTL. They also reference many private messages between her and Moorer. I wonder if any of them arrange a time and place to meet...

Guess, there are more pressing crimes other than missing/murdered persons cases in SC that need the limited investigative resources and swift justice..

Actions speak much louder than words.. Just glad it wasn't an overdue library book... Ironically, this lady went in to report a crime..

http://www.wistv.com/story/24727891...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Deputies: Pickens woman charged 9 years after failing to return J.Lo movie
Posted: Feb 14, 2014 <video>

PICKENS, SC (FOX Carolina) -
A Pickens woman has been arrested and charged after deputies said she failed to return a Jennifer Lopez movie she rented in 2005.

Kayla Michelle Finley, 27, has been charged with failure to return a rented video cassette, according to the Pickens County Sheriff's Office.

According to warrants Finely rented Monster-In-Law from Dalton Video, which is no longer in business, in 2005 and the tape was not returned within 72 hours.
<sniped-read more>

I thought it was officially confirmed the roommate was directly told by Heather, SM made this declaration during one of the flurry of back and forth calls?
If there were calls, and she did leave at that time to meet someone/him, then it sounds accurate because it fits the puzzle.
I guess it's possible the roommate misunderstood HE, or HE lied to the roommate, or the media is wrong.

We'll see.

It feels right, though.... you know? it fits with the calls back and forth and HE leaving to go meet up with "someone".

I think what doesn't fit is that HE was upset about it. But, I guess if she didn't want to hear that, she would maybe be upset?

Exactly, and police wouldn't need to go the trouble of getting a warrant for his SM or cell phone info. if they did, I would find that disgusting.

A friend stopped by this week who owns property off highway 544. He said officials with the HE case are searching this weekend in the woods behind the Moorer house. My friend didn't realize it until the officials told him, but the back of his property abuts the woods behind the Moorers. He says it is really dense back there, and right now extremely muddy.

It's good to know that LE is still doing active searches.

I don't think LE will name a POI until they make an arrest. I believe they are keeping a lot of information close to their vest to ensure that they are able to apprehend and prosecute.

I have a question...sorry if it has been approached. LE has supeonas for some social media accts. Are those accts in addition to HE's acct ( the ones that have had contact with her on Soc. Media)? And if so...are the acct owners notified?

Just some thoughts that I am throwing out there.

I think what doesn't fit is that HE was upset about it. But, I guess if she didn't want to hear that, she would maybe be upset?

Yes, that is one reason that's been discussed as to why she would be upset. Another is that even though this may have been something have thought she wanted to hear, when it actually came, it completely took her off balance because she was trying to start over.

Also, another possible reason for her to be upset was that although she wanted to be with him, she might have been extremely fearful of his OMW.

Also, it may have been something she heard before, many times, that never panned out and she could have been upset, and pissed, that it was coming up now, just as she was getting home from a date. Maybe she sensed he was stalking her(?)

Many more possibilities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members