SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be a "good" thing if TM and SM were cleared. What I mean by that is I think almost all the interest in this case revolves around them, the tension between the two families, the feeling that *something* is going to happen, etc. If LE were to announce that they are cleared, then the only other theories are that Heather either is a runaway, or was taken by a stranger. People are so invested in the TM/SM storyline and I don't think it will be the same if it's some random faceless nameless stranger. Even another suspect, I don't think will cause the same rage and fervor. So of course I think if LE can clear them, they should do so, but I do think public interest in the case will decrease dramatically if that were to happen. The interest in the case is very one-dimensional IMO.

if I were the M's I would reason to best look after myself and family would be to be cooperative, empathetic, keep a low profile, not allow my indignation at being suspected to cause more issues for my family- but I am older and wiser than they- if I had done something or were innocent. Human nature is human nature everywhere, and people are not likely anymore maladjusted today than any time in history. People will post anti bullying info and talk about how they were bullied then have posts of *advertiser censored* depicting women being sexually exploited and don't see a connection between the two. I have been involved working with people who saw pefect logic in doing away with a spouse who woud have taken money, property in a divorce or with a husband who was abusive, lying, and would be sharing custody of kids in divorce, murder over drugs and money, murder due to anger at mistreatment of a family member, and murder just to get the car and money for a fun trip riding and doing drugs. People who generally morally don't choose to cross a line will struggle before doing so and will expect to have full consequnces if doing so, then there are those other more maladjusted who have very much less problem doing so, only a problem getting caught. Well publisized cases are more likely to get attention from more people, some of whom are more likley to cross a line, and that may be of more concern than someone in E family as for any vigilante justice is concerned. That's what is scary to people who cross that line, that there are many out there like themselves.

It might not be a "good" thing if TM and SM were cleared. What I mean by that is I think almost all the interest in this case revolves around them, the tension between the two families, the feeling that *something* is going to happen, etc. If LE were to announce that they are cleared, then the only other theories are that Heather either is a runaway, or was taken by a stranger. People are so invested in the TM/SM storyline and I don't think it will be the same if it's some random faceless nameless stranger. Even another suspect, I don't think will cause the same rage and fervor. So of course I think if LE can clear them, they should do so, but I do think public interest in the case will decrease dramatically if that were to happen. The interest in the case is very one-dimensional IMO.

I'm quite certain that LE would announce that SM has been cleared if that were to happen. I don't think that LE would let the public continue to think that they are looking at SM simply for the sake of keeping public interest high. There are many,many people invested in the search for HE and those people will still follow her case even if SM were to be cleared. To the people who really care about HE,this isn't a storyline. JMO

I am not even considering a serial in this case, or least it is the bottom of my list. I think LE has a great deal to go on, but will remain unable to make an arrest,unless she is found.

Unfortunately that is true and even if she is found sometimes that is not enough. Think of Dylan Redwine and Haleigh Dunn. Both of them found but as of now nobody charged in either of their murders.

Is LE any closer to determining what happened to Heather than on the first day?

I feel they aren't.

This case is fading. Why?

Most local people who follow along in the news will assume it was a bf that did this, and that's that.

Obviously the lack of pressers is not helping her case. They really don't need the public, it seems.

I disagree,I think they are getting very close.

IMO the problem for SM talking to HCPD for HEs date cleared him talking to them for SM will likely get him arrested.

I can't understand what you mean by this?

I'd be very interested to know where SMs cell phone was pinging from when the interactions between the two of them were going back and forth. Do smart phones "ping" if you're using something like Facebook private messaging or texting (i.e. something other than actual phone calls)?

I'd be very interested to know where SMs cell phone was pinging from when the interactions between the two of them were going back and forth. Do smart phones "ping" if you're using something like Facebook private messaging or texting (i.e. something other than actual phone calls)?

I think they do because on my Facebook when I talk to someone for instance on PM it shows what city they are in. If you click the map it will zoom in to the "area" they are in. I don't know how exact it is but yes you can see the general area. However there is a way to turn off the location services. I hope for this cases sake, the location was on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder if LE searches did in fact happen today? I was itching to drive by but didn't. Anyone know for sure?

I didn't drive by - you wouldn't be able to see anything from the road anyway, if they went in at my friend's property. Searchers would go down a long dirt road and would not be visible from 544 or 814.

I wholeheartedly disagree that it wouldn't be a good thing for the M family to be cleared. Although I don't think we've talked about the need for the missus to be cleared. Our discussion has focused on the mister.
The tension is there because there is a belief that someone in the M family is responsible and or knows something and or isn't forthcoming. It would be an excellent thing not only for that community but especially for the M family, to clear the M family.
If they were to be cleared, I have little doubt that Heather's daddy will continue to press forward to bring justice to whoever is responsible. He is a very articulate and persuasive man who knows how to garner public support for his cause so IMO whether it's the M family or someone else Heather's case will be in the spotlight. To suggest that the TM/SM storyline is responsible for the interest in Heather's case is IMO giving entirely too much credit to a couple who is doing nothing to help find Heather. All of course, JMO

I'm quite certain that LE would announce that SM has been cleared if that were to happen. I don't that LE would let the public continue to think that they are looking at SM simply for the sake of keeping public interest high. There are many,many people invested in the search for HE and those people will still follow her case even if SM were to be cleared. To the people who really care about HE,this isn't a storyline. JMO

I never speculated that LE isn't clearing the M's to keep public interest high. If LE cared about public interest, they would be holding PC's. I was just saying that pretty much all the interest in this case, outside of WS, has to do with the drama regarding them. Sure there will still be people interested if they are cleared, but it will be a fraction of what it is now. People aren't going to follow the case like they are now if the most likely scenario becomes a nameless, faceless stranger.

I wholeheartedly disagree that it wouldn't be a good thing for the M family to be cleared. Although I don't think we've talked about the need for the missus to be cleared. Our discussion has focused on the mister.
The tension is there because there is a belief that someone in the M family is responsible and or knows something and or isn't forthcoming. It would be an excellent thing not only for that community but especially for the M family, to clear the M family.
If they were to be cleared, I have little doubt that Heather's daddy will continue to press forward to bring justice to whoever is responsible. He is a very articulate and persuasive man who knows how to garner public support for his cause so IMO whether it's the M family or someone else Heather's case will be in the spotlight. To suggest that the TM/SM storyline is responsible for the interest in Heather's case is IMO giving entirely too much credit to a couple who is doing nothing to help find Heather. All of course, JMO

Totally agree!!!

I didn't drive by - you wouldn't be able to see anything from the road anyway, if they went in at my friend's property. Searchers would go down a long dirt road and would not be visible from 544 or 814.
Not being visible from 544 or 814 is very interesting. Thank you for posting this info.

<snip>

To the people who really care about HE,this isn't a storyline. JMO

Snipped by me for emphasis

Motherof5 thank you!
I think this sentiment bears repeating and requires emphasis.
(I'm on tapatalk and cannot bold, sorry)
I think people get caught up and forget that this is not a story. It is someone's life. It is someone's daughter and someone's sister that cannot be found. It is not a story.

This is not directed at anyone it just struck me that society can get caught up in stories and forget the human underneath it all. Of course I'm kinda preachin' to the choir here at WS where everyone displays such genuine concern for victims and demonstrates the understanding that there is a chain of humanity that links us all.

I never speculated that LE isn't clearing the M's to keep public interest high. If LE cared about public interest, they would be holding PC's. I was just saying that pretty much all the interest in this case, outside of WS, has to do with the drama regarding them. Sure there will still be people interested if they are cleared, but it will be a fraction of what it is now. People aren't going to follow the case like they are now if the most likely scenario becomes a nameless, faceless stranger.

I disagree.

I'm not certain about pings if you are using apps on your phone. I would guess that if you are using cellular data as opposed to wi-fi to access apps then yes, it would send out a ping.
I think phones that are turned on also periodically ping to the nearest tower even when not in use. So as long as someone's phone was turned on there should be ping data.

Hopefully I haven't botched information on pings-I'm still trying to get a solid understanding of it all.

I tend to agree and think she is far away but where I waiver is with the thought that maybe someone would be very controlling and maybe someone needs to have their eyes and ears everywhere. And to that type of person the only perfect spot would be somewhere that they could keep their eye on.
Yes this would be really dumb. But they say past actions are the best indicators of future ones and well, one may judge for themselves how smart past actions/decisions have been for that person.

Hopefully due to the tremendous awareness created in HE's case, LE received a citizen's tip of suspicious activity in the search area around 12/18/2013.
It's possible that they are searching for the 2nd crime scene location; where the homicide act took place. Rather than the body dump or remains location which could be miles away. PtL being the 1st crime scene where the vehicle was located, and HE's abduction was likely initiated..imo

I had never heard about Amber's murder, until Heather vanished. So did MB did get up in arms over her being killed? I mean, I follow pretty much all the threads here, and hers never really caught on until Heather disappeared. JMO

Hopefully due to the tremendous awareness created in HE's case, LE received a citizen's tip of suspicious activity in the search area around 12/18/2013.
It's possible that they are searching for the 2nd crime scene location; where the homicide act took place. Rather than the body dump or remains location which could be miles away. PtL being the 1st crime scene where the vehicle was located, and HE's abduction was likely initiated..imo

I thought that property could have been a crime scene as well. The first time those homeowner's reported a suspicious person/vehicle, LE could have said "OK we'll take a look around with our dogs". Maybe they did.

I had never heard about Amber's murder, until Heather vanished. So did MB did get up in arms over her being killed? I mean, I follow pretty much all the threads here, and hers never really caught on until Heather disappeared. JMO

cluciano63, there was only 2 completed pages on the Amber Berbiglia websleuths thread when HE disappeared, 6 months after AB's murder. There is now 12 pages, 10 of which have been completed in the past two months..

Imo, the awareness in HE's case has shined the light on the many other known unsolved missing/murder persons cases in Myrtle Beach/Horry County, SC; 'The Silent Epidemic'..

The local ms media should be ashamed for their previous silence of this issue, imo..

I credit TE with the public awareness that is created in this case. Unfortunately not everyone has a TE in their camp. It's a very difficult position to be in and not everyone is cut out for that position. I imagine it is tireless and brings with it much scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member