SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI there, JerseyGirl! Foxfire's post #236 above has links to air searches. And watch AshleyZ86' youtube videos quoted in my above post if you haven't already. She takes us on a virtual drive and narrates for us. :)

wm

Thank you sooo much & good morning! I'm looking at Ashley's videos right now. So awesome of her to do this!

'To date there is a minimum of eight unsolved missing/murdered persons cases in Horry Co., SC in the past eight years. Will there ever be answers and will the shattered lives of the eight victim's families, friends, and loved ones ever be mended'?

Shattered - The Seven Year Search For Billy Smolinski Jr.(CT)

When serious leads aren't followed up by law enforcement, Bill and Jan Smolinski scour the woods for the remains of their missing son Billy, who was murdered in August 2004.

Story and Photographs By John Murray

Picture the murder of Billy Smolinski as a crystal vase. Hold it in your hands. Spin it around. Now drop it on the kitchen floor and watch it shatter into a thousand pieces. Each shard of glass represents a clue into who killed Billy on August 24th, 2004. When patched together the vase reveals the gruesome truth of who murdered Billy, and why. The vase points to the spot Billy is buried in the Naugatuck Valley.

In the best of circumstances it would take a master craftsman to cobble that broken vase back together, but what if the glass is left on the floor for weeks, for months, for seven years? Glass gets kicked around into the living room, the dining room and gets jammed into the rubber soles of your shoes and is transported into the yard, into town, and across state borders. You send investigators into each room to collect glass, but shockingly they refuse to share what they gather with the other investigators. With ego and selfishness erupting all around you, what are the chances of ever getting that vase glued back together?

Welcome to the real-life investigation into the murder of Billy Smolinski Jr..

http://waterburyobserver.org/node/402

They need to watch the searches for suspicious activity to. The person responsible could always be part of them. Specially if whomever is responsible is local.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2013/12/26/3924426/volunteers-police-continue-search.html

On Friday, the reward was increased to $20,000, according to an updated flier.

Monica Caison, director of CUE, said the search will likely change Friday to include more ground.

Kegler said there was no sign that she was in the water, even though her vehicle was a the boat landing.

Horry County, Myrtle Beach and state authorities have participated in the search with helicopters, boats and feet on the ground.

Caison said the search has been constant and some volunteers spent Christmas looking for Elvis.

Tips could help. Caison said people out on the water, or in the area should report anything that seems suspicious to police.

“Anything that doesn’t fit that looks like it’s fresh, call law enforcement,” Caison said. “I know it seems like an eternity for the family, but she hasn’t been missing that long. Anything that looks like it’s been out there a week could be a clue.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...ers-police-continue-search.html#storylink=cpy

God bless all the searchers. Some spent Christmas searching for Heather.

Thanks, everyone.

Here is the MAP indicating the city where these 8 people went missing from. PLEASE NOTE that I have not indicated the precise location where these people went missing from, only the general area, this is not a very detailed map, simply a rough idea.

I am interested in further analyzing the linkage in these cases.

MAP

https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=z0uW1PsPYFvA.kn925zGkYnFA

Bumping this. Also gonna put it on the Media/Timeline/Maps page imamaze set up (I think this is allowed but sure it will be deleted, if not). Thanks so much Wondergirl- you did a great job.

ETA: if you haven't seen that thread, here is the link:

SC SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 *Media Links, Timelines, Maps* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Of course she could have been going to pick someone up after work to.

There's a number of questions which im hoping one of the kind locals on here can answer. They probably have nothing to do with HEs disappearance but you never know lol!!

1. Working as late as she does, did HE carry a rape/attack alarm at all?

2. How easy is it for people to move around the area where HE lived and where her car was found? Do people tend to be on the streets at all hours or is it more of a curtain twitching area where nothing goes unnoticed?

3. Thinking about where HEs car was found - would late night traffic there have alerted the locals who lived in the vicinity or was it the norm?

4. Does sound travel far around there?

5. Is the landing used regularly at this time of year? And would where HEs been parked have impeded any users of PTL? I.e access etc

6. Is there anywhere nearby to HEs home that would sell gas/petrol in the early hours of the morning?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A lot of people her age live in those condos (Coastal Carolina Students), I remember I looked into getting an apartment there at one point with a girlfriend. Also delivered pizzas there ALOT when I worked at the dominos on 501. Granted it was the summer but every time I delivered to River Oaks at night there were people in there mid 20's hanging out outside smoking cigarettes or walking around the parking lot talking on the phone. Fair share of house parties. Its not like most other condo areas around here where its exclusively older retired residents who mainly keep to themselves (although theres a little of that in river oaks as well)

The closest gas station is right across 501 from the River Oaks condos although I don't remember if its 24 hours ( http://bit.ly/19x6ZWI ).

The next closest is indeed open 24/7 located on waccamaw blvd which travels parallel to 501 going north( http://bit.ly/1hNMxmN ) **The route is wrong. You should be able to make a right onto 501 from River Oaks Dr.**.

Closest grocery store is Food Lion ( http://bit.ly/1ejzqHK ) on the entrance to forest brook rd.

Her closest Walmart is on seaboard street ( http://bit.ly/18RJSYS ) but if I lived in River Oaks I would frequent the nicer Walmart the opposite direction on 501 closer to Carolina Forest ( http://bit.ly/Kdy20l ). ...Seaboard street walmart is dirty :facepalm:

Here is a consolidated map pointing to everything at once.
http://bit.ly/JmUdAD

AshleyZ86, some years ago my family stayed in Myrtle Beach on our way home from Disney. It was supposed to be for a week but we only stayed the night. My hubby was comped a condo directly on a river, I think it was located right off of 501. The river was brackish, very dark - almost maroon. When we got there the back French doors were cracked a bit and there was small dog poop on the carpet in the living room. We called the company contact that comped the room & he was very apologetic, said it must have been the last person that stayed there that was responsible for the negligence, etc...however, he also stated a maid frequented the condo once a week for cleaning...which was obviously bs. It was early morning hours when we arrived so we just cleaned it up, locked the door, then stayed the night - heaven help us. We went to Boardwalk at the Bay the next day. We went back to the condo, put on our swimsuits bc my kids wanted to hit the pool...which we couldn't find so we settled on a jacuzzi...which had a condom laying on the ground next to it so we quickly retreated back to the condo JESUS! We got back there & the French doors were ajar again. My husband quickly searched the rooms but nobody was in there, nothing was missing that we knew of. We called the police & called the company again that comped the room. The damn French door locks were broken & we had no idea, police said they get squatters, etc. Drugs are rampant. We promptly gathered our stuff & rolled - total lack of sleep - & drove straight to the DE coastline. I was so scared when I found out about the door not locking. My boys slept in a different room than my husband & I, they could have been kidnapped is all I could think about.

So, it's mind boggling to consider how many condos are comped out in resort areas, especially Myrtle Beach with all the golf courses, and the many "normal" appearing people that utilize them. If there's something serial going on in that area, the guy probably "fits in" with the surroundings so as not to raise suspicion & if he doesn't live there then he's certainly acquainted with the area. I'm thinking if this isn't related to a young person involved in something that went awry, then it could be serial when considering all the missing girls in that area. If that's the case, then who better to fit into that area than a family man professional that likes to golf? Could the guy be divorced, have lost a daughter, live near or visit that area often, likes to fish &/or boat? Maybe the normal thing to do is to check out rso listed but if its serial maybe the guy isn't even on the radar.

total speculation here... do we know what Jamie Lynn Cross did for a living? Looking back, I see that Heather Elvis, Amber Berbiglia, Susan DeLuca, all worked as servers... still looking for info on the others listed...

Jamie Lynn Cross had two very small children from what someone else said. She may not have worked.

I'm still on page 17 on the last thread and trying to catch up. I'm not sure if it's already been posted, and if it has I apologize in advance. From the pictures she posted on her twitter, it appears she has some sort of skull tattoo on her thigh, and also tattoos on both sides of her torso.

Ooooo! I have to give it a try. Who knew you were such a bad *advertiser censored** with your slimline and pepper gel spray, Jersey*Girl! You go!

Thanks much for the info.

wm

Lol. No I'm not, I'm just realistic. I walk & bike alot, used to jog when I lived in Orlando. I learned when I lived in Metro to carry spray. I have le family & friends so I had to learn certain things, especially since I'm totally afraid of guns.

I learned so much from Samantha Koenig's threads. James Koenig has become a hero of sorts to me. There was so much that people judged, including myself, and we were waaaaay off. Some of us were right on target with it being serial & I'm proud of that, but I'm not happy with some of my posts that went along with people questioning donation money, how a certain person acted or things that person said. I'll never in my life do that again bc there truly isn't a rule book on things to say & how to act when a loved one goes missing. The point I'm making is this: Much stuff was going on behind the scenes that the public had no idea about. It's very easy to jump the gun and judge le in this case but sometimes they might be going above & beyond...just can't release details bc it'll jeopardize their case. To the public, the perp could appear to be a certain type. However to le, the perp sought could fit a totally different type. If its serial, I tend to think le will take a beating but keeping info close to the vest is the right thing to do. Heck, even if its not serial, the right thing to do is protect the integrity of the case by not releasing evidence.

Sunday prayers for Heather :prayer:

The rain is heavy this morning, it saddens me that all of the work that's gone into posting flyers is being washed down. I wake up every day and pray that this is the day Heather will be returned safely to her family.

Lol. No I'm not, I'm just realistic. I walk & bike alot, used to jog when I lived in Orlando. I learned when I lived in Metro to carry spray. I have le family & friends so I had to learn certain things, especially since I'm totally afraid of guns.

Well, both you and Emma Rose shared good & creative defense ideas for us ladies and I am grateful for that. I am afraid of guns also and have no desire to own one. I have considered buying a tazer tho.

Maybe this was asked already, but was there any evidence that a boat had been in the water nearby? Just wondering if that is how the car was there by itself and maybe how someone got away, with or without HE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay