SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Certainly there was a lot of strategy involved. In one way, this case is similar to others in that the more you look, the more you dig, the more you usually get. We started off with a baseline and that was us being capable of saying we can prove beyond probable cause that these two did, in fact, obstruct justice and public nudity. As we added to it from the search warrant, we found we could get the kidnapping charge. We ran that by a judge and the judge said, ‘Yes.’ So then after we did that, we looked at some more stuff and then we said, ‘Alright, we think we can get the murder charge.’ We showed that to the judge and, of course, we got an arrest warrant.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/24/4052596/couple-to-face-murder-charges.html#storylink=cpy

Rhodes said the department paid particular attention to the Moorers from early on, even keeping tabs of their social media pages where the Moorers talked about trips they were taking out-of-state.

“Throughout the process of the investigation, when the Moorers did leave the area, we were very much aware of where they were at all times, so we were coordinating with other agencies throughout the course of the investigation,” Rhodes said.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/24/4052596/couple-to-face-murder-charges.html#storylink=cpy

"The warrants for the murder charges state that Tammy and Sidney Moorer "did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought." The kidnapping warrants state that the couple "did unlawfully seize, confine, kidnap, abduct or carry away Heather Elvis by any means whatsoever without the authority of the law."

Poor Heather. They kidnapped her/took her to where they killed her. LE has to have something because you can't kidnap a person who is not alive. I feel so awful for the outcome of this case. I hate both SM and TM. I don't care which one is weaker/stronger/cared./doesn't care. A young girl's life tragicallly and horrifically cut short because of these two wastes of space. :-(

Trying to make sense of the kidnapping charge based on what we know.

LE previously said they were confident Heather drove to PTL on her own. Now they reveal she was also murdered there.

So per the above kidnapping statute; I see the word "confine".

Did they confine her to one of their vehicles and murder her in it (without leaving PTL)?

It's possible that LE has camera footage from along the route to Peach Tree Landing that shows Heather driving alone in her car to that destination...LE did make it clear early on that they did believe " Heather drove to the spot on her own"... Obviously there is no camera footage of her leaving as her car was still there after the fact - but without her.
Maybe they also have camera footage of the Moorers driving to PTL...can clearly identify them both coming and going....but again no sign of Heather... Hence the "murder at Peach Tree Landing" ( combined with blood evidence or shotgun casings or whatnot...)

As for the other charges of committing indecent acts, it could be that the Moorers were attempting to " reconsummate their marriage" ( so to speak...and I know..it's horrible to even wonder..) but maybe the "three places" referred to in one of Tammys rants included PTL (final place) and they made a sick pact to "strengthen and renew their bonds" by revisiting each place and() ..and, ultimately working together as a team in murder...a sick and evil pact...

There are numerous "couples who kill" noted throughout history and these evil two could be like this...it could have even been an S&M relationship where Sidney was a sadist who loved to be bossed around and " tortured" by Tammy (the weird tattoo..her Aggressiveness and general rough persona,etc)...perhaps behind closed doors they had a master/ slave thing going on ...ick...but it is possible..
Maybe the police have evidence of them planning a "Christmas gift" to each other by getting rid of a certain "problem" before then... they probably thought they were invincible. It may be shocking what comes out on March 17th...

My heart goes out to Heather's family and friends, to LE, and to all of us who care and demand justice...praying for strength and truth...

I am a member of the Dis and have read some of her trip reports. Honestly, other than 2000 pictures and the way she came across, it would have never entered my mind she was this same person.

I have not seen a Dec trip report, not even sure if there was one and it was deleted.

My family would tell you I am WDW obsessed. I just happen to like to go there as does my husband. But, in my defense I do not wear Disney clothing, have a shrine in my home or do trip reports.

K

Its actually perfectly fine to even obsess somewhat with WDW and I even know another adult couple who is similar. The big difference IMO which was very obvious to a lot of us was the way a certain person seemed to force her obsession on her whole family.

This is JMO and I could be off base because none of us really know the true dynamics but it appeared to me and I am sure others that she more or less forced her whole family to become just as obsessed as she was whether they liked it or not. The looks on the kids faces as they seemed to be forced into posing during the cruise and the way in which she talked about how her spouse ended up liking WDW just like her and things like that.

The odds of every member of her family having such an interest as she had just seems unlikely to me. What seems much more likely is she was the king of the household and nobody could stand up to her so they went along with things like that and pretended to enjoy things as much as she did. By the nineteenth trip to WDW, were the kids really wanting to go or would they rather have taken a trip somewhere else for a change. Nobody will really know but we can guess.

“We’ve got enough to charge them with murder without a body,” Richardson told The Sun News after the press conference. “It’s always easier if you have a body, but we’ve tried cases several times without a body. The main thing about getting a body now is more about peace for the family

Could there have been "evidence" in their firepit? Could Heather's blood or hair from her deceased person been found on their property/vehicle? Evidence of murder suggests something very strong besides just plain old circumstantial stuff. Imo.

LE previously said they were confident Heather drove to PTL on her own. Now they reveal she was also murdered there.

Did they confine her to one of their vehicles and murder her in it (without leaving PTL)?

This is it. How does LE know this? What evidence do they have that this occurred at PTL?

We have some locals that were searchers at that time and I don't recall anyone saying they found anything relevant.

So what could it be that makes them so sure that it was done there? One has already started talking and directed them to evidence? Evidence all along that after searching the home on Friday links things?

K

They sure did not look well this morning. He looked like he was going to puke and she aged 20 years overnight.

Good.

Imvho she doesn't so much look like she's aged 20 years overnight as much as the fact she can't possibly have the luxury of Photoshop at her disposal right now.

SeriouslySearching, VERY nice to run into you on Heather's thread. I've missed posting with you.

:blowkiss:

Its actually perfectly fine to even obsess somewhat with WDW and I even know another adult couple who is similar. The big difference IMO which was very obvious to a lot of us was the way a certain person seemed to force her obsession on her whole family.

This is JMO and I could be off base because none of us really know the true dynamics but it appeared to me and I am sure others that she more or less forced her whole family to become just as obsessed as she was whether they liked it or not. The looks on the kids faces as they seemed to be forced into posing during the cruise and the way in which she talked about how her spouse ended up liking WDW just like her and things like that.

The odds of every member of her family having such an interest as she had just seems unlikely to me. What seems much more likely is she was the king of the household and nobody could stand up to her so they went along with things like that and pretended to enjoy things as much as she did. By the nineteenth trip to WDW, were the kids really wanting to go or would they rather have taken a trip somewhere else for a change. Nobody will really know but we can guess.

For sure. My kids don't love it as I do. So they don't get to go anymore. But dh and I have a special affinity for the place.

And yes, the sheer number of pictures on the trip reports always made me wonder how there was even time for fun?

Kelly

I suspect TM did for sure. I'm still not sure about SM's role in the killing.

But in this article, the solicitor says public nudity, with no mention of sex:

We started off with a baseline and that was us being capable of saying we can prove beyond probable cause that these two did, in fact, obstruct justice and public nudity.

I can believe the one location might be sex, but I still think the remote location is where they stripped out of bloody clothes afterwards.

There's no way I'll be able to catch up until later tonight, if then. I'm pleased official charges have been filed.

Would one of their attorney's encourage their client to reveal what happened before the other did?

This is it. How does LE know this? What evidence do they have that this occurred at PTL?

We have some locals that were searchers at that time and I don't recall anyone saying they found anything relevant.

So what could it be that makes them so sure that it was done there? One has already started talking and directed them to evidence? Evidence all along that after searching the home on Friday links things?

K

I don't think there was any evidence at PTL. I think it was in one of the confiscated vehicles.

I can only get the the murder warrant to open up from that link. However, my internet has been acting crazy all day.

In the warrant that I read about IE it says That "between the Dates of Dec. 17 and 18th, 2013 at the adress...that Sidney Moorer did willfully, maliciously, and indecently expose his person in a public place, on property of others, or in the view of any persons on the street or highway"
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e3-b7b1-001a4bcf6878/530b926234574.pdf.pdf

I don't see anywhere that says anyone was having sex. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I also think its possible that TM has somehow blackmailed SM, or possibly set him up somehow to make it look like he's the trigger man. jmo

In no way am I trying to let SM off easy, but your post made me think of something(I swore I wasn't going to let my mind start hatching hare brained theories. Oops). Since I do believe TM is the boss in that relationship, maybe she didn't trust that SM could keep quiet. Maybe she kept something related to the crime, so she's have some kind of insurance to hold over him/use against him, just in case? That could be part of the evidence police found? It maybe I'm just allowing my mind to get carried away. Apology if this idea has been mentioned. I had to skip about a jillion posts to catch up this afternoon. Where is heather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know that she drove her car to PTL? Maybe the kidnapping charge is coming from her being taken from her apt? Maybe lured by SM and then meeting TM down at PTL.....

I think you're right. I think they met up with her, maybe under the premise of SM leaving TM and wanting to be with Heather. One of them drove her car to PTL, with the other following in one of their trucks. I'd like to know if the driver's seat was pushed back to accommodate a much taller, larger person.

Poor Heather, she must have been terrified :(

“We’ve got enough to charge them with murder without a body,” Richardson told The Sun News "

Charging and proving murder are two different things. Hoping LE has enough to PROVE murder

You are correct and I was really wrong on that one. Thanks!

Maybe Neebee would be nice and go delete that one for me on the last thread. :please:

During the presser, LE, clearly said direct evidence from the home and property. :seeya:

Would one of their attorney's encourage their client to reveal what happened before the other did?

Good question. I wonder the same thing. Maybe to plea? I'm still curious about Tammy being charged before Sidney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
08nomdeplume