SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they only get one shot....prosecutors don't usually charge anyone with murder unless they are pretty confident they can get a conviction. It will be interesting to see what evidence comes out as this moves into the courtroom and we get to hear what LE has on SM and TM.

I hope someone with real talent writes a book about this case. It has some fascinating elements, as sad and awful as they are. The real Heather will be obscured by legal antics and media hacks. It would be nice for someone to give her a voice without sensationalizing what happened.

Hmmm I'm sure TM would love to be the topic of a book!

I'm sure this has been surmised many threads ago...but maybe there was two men pointing guns at SM the other night. He got taken to the hospital. They always ask you if you feel safe in your home (domestic violence question) anyway....maybe he caved somewhat and is scared that TM will kill him or have him killed. He being the only other person that knows the truth...so if she did away with him....

Because his bio on every website I've seen states that he worked for a criminal defense firm and then opened his own firm in 1995. There's no indication that he's ever worked as a public defender.

In this article, they distinguish who is affiliated with the public defender's office from SM's lawyer

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/22/4049005/two-charged-held-on-bond-in-exposure.html

OK, now I see the confusion.

You don't have to work for the public defender's office to be a public defender. They have their own staff attorneys but private attorneys can do it as well.

ETA: the staff public defenders are paid a salary by the govt and the "private" public defenders submit their hours to the govt (and don't get paid squat and it takes forever to get paid).

Aweeeeeeee Happy Birthday to our WS Cougars!! :loveyou:

Hello, another lurker here - from England. Have been following this case for a few weeks and am deeply saddened that Heather is gone. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Just a small thing - looking at the warrants, there are a couple of corrected mistakes on TM's - today's date and a different judge signed the paper work (original name is crossed out). That couldn't cause a potential problem? How fussy are the courts over things like this? I would hate for a technicality to allow TM a get out.

Hello, another lurker here - from England. Have been following this case for a few weeks and am deeply saddened that Heather is gone. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Just a small thing - looking at the warrants, there are a couple of corrected mistakes on TM's - today's date and a different judge signed the paper work (original name is crossed out). That couldn't cause a potential problem? How fussy are the courts over things like this? I would hate for a technicality to allow TM a get out.

:seeya: :greetings::welcome::welcome4:

As for the other charges of committing indecent acts, it could be that the Moorers were attempting to " reconsummate their marriage" ( so to speak...and I know..it's horrible to even wonder..) but maybe the "three places" referred to in one of Tammys rants included PTL (final place) and they made a sick pact to "strengthen and renew their bonds" by revisiting each place and() ..and, ultimately working together as a team in murder...a sick and evil pact...

I'm coming out of lurker mode here to say that I have also thought the exact same thing. I also recall PeterThomasFan stating that he and his wife found some interesting "evidence" of an encounter at PTL that would've definitely left some DNA. Peter, do you still have a picture of what you found? I know the landing could be a popular hook-up spot, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was TM and SM's final destination given the recent information about their indecent exposure warrants.

I'm also just as heartbroken as everyone else and can't imagine what the Elvis family is going through. I also hope the Moorer children are able to complete their childhood in a more normal environment with sane caregivers. I can't begin to imagine what these children have been subjected to by their parents. It's just a sad case all around with two families completely ripped apart .

I think I am finally caught up...my heart is just broken for the Elvis family..My mind is racing with so many ways " I think" this whole thing went down and not one of them is worth typing out because its just sickening...I hope and pray that none of the thoughts are actually the way this poor girl spent her last moments of life but I am afraid they are because of those two sick evil twisted people!!!

Just jumping off your post...

I agree these two are sick and twisted... And that we don't know the "whole" story...

But... I have not heard or read the term "torture" in the docs... Can we assume there was none (in a legal sense)?

(Though the whole event was torture for Heather, of course... :( )

Sometime this morning on the thread before this, someone gave stats on criminals who have young children getting the DP. The chances are slim to none.

Sure but his linkedin and website have no mention of the public defender's office.

Cities usually have an office of the public defender. Smaller towns use regular attorney's who are assigned cases pro bono, from what I understand. jmo

I really think SM will be the one that breaks. He looks like hell. It is eating him alive.

I disagree, I think he is scared because he was caught and knows he is going to prison!!

Watching their social media sites and how they conducted themselves, I think those two convinced each other they were smarter than LE.

I am so sick. Just sick as I think about these two horrible people killing this young lady with premeditation....all the while being furious with the Elvis family for searching relentlessly for their sweet girl.

I feel like throwing up. I think they should let Heather's daddy have a shot at them....one at a time. Just put him in a room with SM....then TM....and let him have a go. I think he could find justice in there somewhere.

Just jumping off your post...

I agree these two are sick and twisted... And that we don't know the "whole" story...

But... I have not heard or read the term "torture" in the docs... Can we assume there was none (in a legal sense)?

(Though the whole event was torture for Heather, of course... :( )

I would hope that there was no "torture" involved but from what we have learned about these two so far and by TM's post and bragging and tauting...I just cant get that ugly thought out of my head

Whoa I cannot keep up with these threads :( Moving faster than lightning!!!!!

I feel so bad for the Moorer's 3 kids as well as everyone else affected by this horrendous murder. Those kids just lost both their parents, "just like that". How confusing and scary :(

Since I can't keep up did those 2 have sex out in public the night Heather was killed? I find that so over the top disgusting.

RIP pretty girl.

I wholeheartedly agree! I don't care what kind of woman TM is, he married and had children with her. He made his choices, including having an affair and murdering a young woman. Unless I see evidence that TM held a gun to his head while he abetted her in the crime he gets no pass at all from me.

He is weak and pathetic. I hope no deal is needed and they both fry.

This is where I stand too. Despite the fact that TM is a disgusting human being, at the start of all of this she was, in effect, "the wronged woman". I have no sympathy for her now, but I can see that it wouldn't have been particularly pleasant to have found out that her husband was being unfaithful with a much younger, slimmer and prettier girl.

So, in some ways, I think SM is the worse of the two, as he started this whole chain of events off. At the end of the day, HE was free to date who she wanted .... he was the one who wasn't.

He chose to string along a young, and probably naive, girl and he chose to deceive his wife.

I doubt very much that TM just flipped the day HE disappeared, this would have been brewing for a long time, and he obviously did nothing to stop it.

I hope that he finally does the right thing and lets LE know where HE's body is, even if he does it for his own advantage. He has caused three families to be suffering now - HE's, his and his in-laws. All because he wanted a bit of fun with a young girl. And that bit of fun has cost HE her life. I hope he spends the rest of his life asking himself was it worth it?

random theory:
sm pulls up to Heathers apt after calling from payphone. she gets in......
...... after eternity has been decided for three people, one m drops another m off at Heathers car, where one m follows the other m to ptl, where her car is left.

wondering if apt complex or nearby stores have CCTV?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I am so sick. Just sick as I think about these two horrible people killing this young lady with premeditation....all the while being furious with the Elvis family for searching relentlessly for their sweet girl.

I feel like throwing up. I think they should let Heather's daddy have a shot at them....one at a time. Just put him in a room with SM....then TM....and let him have a go. I think he could find justice in there somewhere.

I am not one for vigilante justice, but sometimes.....it just seems like the right thing to do.

That man put his suffering into words, I can not tell you what an intense feeling it was when I read his posts of love for his daughter. His broken heart was brought to life with every word.

Kelly

WMBF just stated that there was evidence discovered in one of the Moorer's trucks and one of LE also said that there is DNA evidence and that SLED is assisting with the forensics. The report is still on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl