SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive wondered about that too and if that could have been the motive. But legally what age does the courts recognize it to be a fetus? That might make a difference. Otherwise, they could be charged with fetal homicide too.

Probably depends if it is a liberal or conservative state. SC is conservative, so I bet it is murder no matter what.

On Monday, Tammy Moorer was represented by Florence based attorney Patrick McLaughlin and Sidney Moorer was represented by Myrtle Beach area attorney Kirk Truslow.

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/24/4052596/couple-to-face-murder-charges.html#storylink=cpy

Interesting that TM has new representation, obviously someone is paying for her counsel. SM still has the appointed Defense Atty, so no one has ponied up to pay for his counsel. MOO
Yes, if I was Sid and knew this I would be starting to think my inlaws aren't supporting me like they have done the past 20 or so years. I'd feel my nose more than a little out of joint.

Tick tock as to what he makes of this information. Obvious that he is in the process of being thrown under that proverbial bus. This is going to be a messy lead up to trial.

I think you're right. I think they met up with her, maybe under the premise of SM leaving TM and wanting to be with Heather. One of them drove her car to PTL, with the other following in one of their trucks. I'd like to know if the driver's seat was pushed back to accommodate a much taller, larger person.

Poor Heather, she must have been terrified :(

LE said they are confident Heather drover herself to PTL. That may have changed, but they have not stated that.

I think Sidney initially met her there alone, so she would not be alarmed. Tammy showed up in a separate vehicle. Maybe Sidney sent her an all clear text message to join him? LE has not said, but I bet we will discover that part of the evidence trail also includes Tammy's phone.

I don't think they used a gun, there are houses too close to PTL.

It makes your heart ache, thinking of her last moments with those two evil people. This whole case is so surreal, watching those two on social media, their reports of harassment and vehicles shooting at and chasing them? Sheer craziness, I'm still shaking my head.

Hi, all! Long time lurker, new member. It feels good to be among a great group of people trying to figure things out rather than feeling such impotent anger and sadness. I've been here feeling heartsick all day for the Elvis family and boiling with anger about how long they've dragged this out/tormented the Elvis'.

I have been observing (lurking sounds terrible) this case from the outside from the very beginning. I am a local, my brother knew Heather, I never met her or her family but for some reason this girl, this case, these terrible monsters involved just sucked me in and I have been unable to stop reading, researching, gathering little pieces of information trying to figure it all out. From day one I had said to my sister I bet it was a married couple (this was based on the rumor of her affair with a married man). I have been cheated on when pregnant with my second child and I have felt a deep anger/hatred for the other (in my case much older) woman. HOWEVER, being angry and hating someone does not in anyway ever make it ok to murder someone over an affair! These people are vile and I could go on and on about how sick and angry and sad this whole situation is, I just wonder how many others they have murdered?

I feel that TM's facebook posts were hints about her actions. The most disturbing on was of the mud/ashy looking scenery that she labeled as the Cayman Islands or something like that. I have a screen shot on my phone I could post but I don't know if that is okay? Within this image there is a monster looking stick or statue? it is hard to make out, behind it is some red shot gun shell casings. This image bothered the heck out of me. It also bothers me that she bragged about going shooting on a farm somewhere locally. I am sure LE is looking into this, after the last couple days my faith in the larger authority branches involved has grown. I still think that local LE would not have ever solved this case on their own. The taunting and mocking that was done my TM is appalling, she is so smug and sure of herself. It angered me so much to drive down 544 and pass that intersection of their neighborhood just knowing they were sitting there all happy, smug, and cozy while Heather was missing.

Further, like many of you, I wonder about the link between Amber's death and this case.I hope LE checks into that since they can now get DNA from TM and SM. I have no way of understanding how someone who is a mother could kill a 20 year old girl over an affair. It shocks and saddens me even though we all knew it was the most likely outcome after all this time.

As for the addresses of the other charges I have heard it reported as 1317 Celebrity Circle and 1325 Celebrity Circle. 1325 is the visitor center near build-a-bear workshop on down a few doors is Liberty steakhouse, Starbucks, and Tilted Kilt (1317). So Im not sure exactly which place is accurate. The other address (Atlantic ave/century cir) is near a supply store in Conway and some other odd looking business/construction type buildings.
Screen shot of Atlantic Ave/ Century Cir

I have so much more I want to say but none of it seems purposeful at the moment. Mostly I am just so very sad and angry :-( Poor Heather. She was so young and clueless. She fell for the charms of an evil man with an even more evil wife and now Heather is gone. My heartaches so much for Heather and her family and friends, yet I am somewhat relieved that the Moorer's are finally facing REALITY and their happy demented Disney bubble has been popped. :jail: I expected to feel happier about them being arrested than I do, but the sad fact is now there is no hope of Heather ever living, learning, and growing into the person she so fully deserved the chance to become. Heather will never know the joy of motherhood, achieving her goals, experiencing all the joys and challenges in life. Her family will never hold her, hear her laugh, or wipe away her tears again. This shatters my heart for them in ways I didn't expect. :tantrum: I hope her family finds peace in knowing it is them who pushed and pushed and forced the police and other agencies to come together and find justice for Heather. This community has had many missing persons cases and the death of Amber last summer, yet somehow Heather is the voice of them all. I will quit rambling. I apologize for my lengthy and emotional first post. :seeya:

:seeya: :welcome4::welcome3::welcome6:

Murder of Laci Peterson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The death of Laci and her fetal son led to the United States Congress passing the Unborn Victims of Violence Act, which is widely known as Laci and Conner's Law. On April 1, 2004, Sharon Rocha and her boyfriend Ron Grantski were in attendance at the White House when President George W. Bush, signed the bill into law.[26] The law recognizes unborn children as legal victims if injured or killed upon a listed crime of violence."

Laci's case is what brought me to Websleuths! Wow 2004 doesn't seem like 10 yrs ago!

I can only get the the murder warrant to open up from that link. However, my internet has been acting crazy all day.

In the warrant that I read about IE it says That "between the Dates of Dec. 17 and 18th, 2013 at the adress...that Sidney Moorer did willfully, maliciously, and indecently expose his person in a public place, on property of others, or in the view of any persons on the street or highway"
http://bloximages.newyork1.vip.town...-11e3-b7b1-001a4bcf6878/530b926234574.pdf.pdf

I don't see anywhere that says anyone was having sex. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I thought the same until I saw right along side it says "description of offense"
sex/indecent exposure

Hmm, direct evidence found at the scene. Any time an expert witness testifies to anything in the case, it becomes direct evidence. Possibilities:
Some kind of video or picture.
Some piece of HE's clothing/purse/cell phone/etc found in truck(s) or anything belonging to Moorers.
HE's Blood/hair or other DNA found in truck(s) or anything belonging to Moorers.
TM DNA found in HE car.
SM or TM DNA found somewhere he/she said he/she never was.
Someone saw HE with TM/SM the night she disappeared.
TM DNA found on anything of HE's that was found

Add to the list if you have something.

So what is next for the Moorer's? Will they be able to have visitors, such as family and/or kids? The week of March 17th is a long way off.

They went to Disney for SM's half marathon which was 1/11/14

My hubby ran the full marathon and it's his favorite; Disney does this right so if anyone has an interest in marathon running, make this one your first! (PSA over)

They went to Disney for SM's half marathon which was 1/11/14

If LE has been watching them since 12/20 and no body has been found to date, I wonder if she was disposed (hate typing that) of her prior to 12/20? Seems like that would be the window.

If SM sent a text to TM, i.e. "Got her" or "She is here"...That might lead to entrapment, kidnapping charges, etc...jmo

“We’ve got enough to charge them with murder without a body,” Richardson told The Sun News "

Charging and proving murder are two different things. Hoping LE has enough to PROVE murder

Because they only get one shot....prosecutors don't usually charge anyone with murder unless they are pretty confident they can get a conviction. It will be interesting to see what evidence comes out as this moves into the courtroom and we get to hear what LE has on SM and TM.

I hope someone with real talent writes a book about this case. It has some fascinating elements, as sad and awful as they are. The real Heather will be obscured by legal antics and media hacks. It would be nice for someone to give her a voice without sensationalizing what happened.

Because his bio on every website I've seen states that he worked for a criminal defense firm and then opened his own firm in 1995. There's no indication that he's ever worked as a public defender.

In this article, they distinguish who is affiliated with the public defender's office from SM's lawyer

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/22/4049005/two-charged-held-on-bond-in-exposure.html

In NC the court appoints regular private, attorneys to cases because the public defenders office is so busy and understaffed. I've sat in court and watched them go down a list of every atty and the county and pick one. I'm pretty sure SC is the same way.

Hello, another lurker here - from England. Have been following this case for a few weeks and am deeply saddened that Heather is gone. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

Just a small thing - looking at the warrants, there are a couple of corrected mistakes on TM's - today's date and a different judge signed the paper work (original name is crossed out). That couldn't cause a potential problem? How fussy are the courts over things like this? I would hate for a technicality to allow TM a get out.

I wholeheartedly agree! I don't care what kind of woman TM is, he married and had children with her. He made his choices, including having an affair and murdering a young woman. Unless I see evidence that TM held a gun to his head while he abetted her in the crime he gets no pass at all from me.

He is weak and pathetic. I hope no deal is needed and they both fry.
RE: He is weak and pathetic. I hope no deal is needed and they both fry.

CuriousGuy, imo if there is a deal, it will be a LWOP and will likely not be related to HE's case. Seldom are death sentences actually carried out. It takes decades for an execution date and most dp inmates die of natural causes while in prison.
I can't help from wondering, with the many unsolved cases of missing/murdered females in MB/Horry County, SC in the last decade, if this is the first time this brazen duo has comitted similiar murders..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl