SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i can only imagine blood evidence then for it to be direct and give them a no body case, volume not enough to sustain life etc. I felt it happened at PTL Does anyone know if the degree of murder has been posted yet?

I can't believe the evidence came from the car even though anything is possible if a violent abduction took place there.

I forget who asked above, but generally (keeping in mind I am an unverified CANADIAN attorney -- so grain of salt, people) a charged offense can result in a conviction of that offence, or a lesser included offence (such as a lower "degree" of murder with less requisite aspects, manslaughter, assault, etc.).

Smart thinking! That matched a gun at their house last Friday perhaps? Makes sense IMO.

Im hoping it is something strong and simple like that. A simple casing found that happens to match perfectly to a gun one of them possessed in the house.

That is very strong evidence. along with all the other stuff that is known.

I really like this LE so far in this case. Hope they continue building a strong case.

Regarding the jail...milieu, if you will...(I interned at Will County Adult Detention Facility in Joliet, where the monstrosity - er, the man named Drew Peterson was for coupla years.)

1) Bras can't have underwire. You are given socks and granny panties and a sports bra upon arrival. That's after the ice cold shower and the strip search to make sure you aren't bringing in contraband.

2) No makeup. If you attempt to make lipcolor/blush via KoolAid or another commissary item, you can go to Ad Seg (segregation.) However, I think they are likely in RED until they are classified, OR, they are at-risk inmates, and they are going to be kept in segregation for their safety.

3) The color of the jumpsuits do, at times, signify things (i.e, in Will County red is for 'medical' and gold for 'seg' but blue is the regular.)

4) Until you get 'money on your books' - i.e.,commissary money- you can't purchase amenities like food, pencils, toothpaste, etc. - and it takes a few days for your money to get attributed to your account, regardless of how fast your family gets it on there.

Most horrifying to Tammi will likely be the REALITY of jail. This is it, dollface, that's how it is going to be. Cellmates, bad food, HEAD COUNTS! that make you jump up several times a day...

Not quite Disney, but I'm sure she will meet some characters in there.

Thank you for this enlightening post.

Additionally, I'm jealous you found a way to throw in the word 'milieu'. I've been trying to work it into a post for years to no avail. :blushing: :floorlaugh:

Agree, that's my point. The msm article says such, but none of the legal documents just posted say that? Again, did msm take liberties with assumptions based on "at the scene" (which I took to be property of/at the search warrant this past week) for me is different for them...and they stated happened at the PTL.

Link please and point it out for me as I must have missed which legal document stated PTL.

TIA

I linked them for you when you asked earlier. Here are the search warrants that specifically state she was murdered at PTL:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/collection_aa3b86c4-9d83-11e3-a412-001a4bcf6878.html

"On or about December 18th at the address of Peachtree Landing in the Myrtle Beach section of Horry County, one Sidney Moorer did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought..."

The exact verbiage is also used for TM's warrant.

I've got casings all over our gun range, we have never killed anyone! it has to be more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I was speculating a casing at ptl could have matched a gun at their house. Was thinking of the locksmith

Agree, that's my point. The msm article says such, but none of the legal documents just posted say that? Again, did msm take liberties with assumptions based on "at the scene" (which I took to be property of/at the search warrant this past week) for me is different for them...and they stated happened at the PTL.

Link please and point it out for me as I must have missed which legal document stated PTL.

TIA
It is in the murder warrants, i have it closed now but its with the malice aforethought at Peachtree Landing etc.

Didn't her father say recently that although Heather and SM had stopped seeing each other some months back, that they had been talking again? If so...possible motive, if TM had threatened, and made SM swear never to see or speak to Heather again? JMO

Is anyone else concerned about the date typo's on both S and M kidnapping and murder warrants, (under the affidavit sections). On both the date of the offence is listed incorrectly twice! It should read 12/18/2013 but instead has 2/18/2014. I really hope that this sort of thing is not a big deal, but it kind of gives pause to the crossing the T's and dotting the I's theory about LE. Just thought I'd throw it out there, what do you all think?

Anyone else notice in Sid's early warrents they have him as 5' 9'' and weighing 195lbs. Then in the later ones they have him as 5' 8'' and 175lbs?

Tammy being a consistant 5' 9'' and 235lbs.

Being the pick eater that she is, we should see a dramatic weight loss in her in the months and years ahead.

I am happy to see that we are finally at the point where there is closure coming. I hope these two tell or someone tells or there is evidence of where Heather is. Her family needs closure and place to visit her.

I have a lot of catching up to do, just got home from work. I would be interested in knowing if there was someone else involved, someone who started talking. On top of that, I wonder...who will be the first to lay the finger of blame. Will TM say it wasn't me and SM the ever wonderful husband take the fall? Or will this be the time he grows a pair and tells the truth.

I have always thought HE was lured away in a last minute frantic meeting. The whole " I am leaving my wife, I need to see you" HE probably did not even think about the risk she was taking...who would. How many millions of people have an affair and do not kidnap and murder the OW? Its just not normal thinking. That SM was the driving force behind this is my main thinking. This is the only way to put 'perfect' back together in her mind, alleviate the problem all together, probably because poor TM was brainwashed into believing he loved/wanted HE. She probably gave him a free pass telling him he was just so gullible he fell into the arms of the master pursuer.

I really hope this is the beginning of closure. But, even as we saw with Lacy and Connor, the ocean will bring someone home. Its the first place in my mind. So much water. I will be praying HE comes home.

Kelly

No, I believe the family was told about EVERY charge that was coming on the 21st when LE stayed with them at their house during the initial search of the M compound. Considering the warrants were dated the 18th, I believe the let the Elvis family know what to expect and what charges were coming.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I'm confused. LE stayed with the Elvis family? When/why?

My heart just aches for them. I'm so impressed with her dad's relentlessness and strength. I don't think this would have happened (or at least not so quickly) if it weren't for him. My dad has told my husband that he'd be the same if anything ever happened to me (not that my husband would, but!!) and, to me, that's what parents DO. I love her dad because of this.

I have a feeling that LE used the expression 'direct evidence' loosely. Direct evidence would include things like a confession or a witness statement.

Conversely, 'circumstantial evidence' is anything that requires one to make an inference about the connection between some evidence and the crime in question. So, DNA, fingerprints, ballistic reports, blood spatter patterns, etc. -- all of this is circumstantial.

As I do not think that they have a witness or a confession, I believe that the press report meant that they had very strong circumstantial evidence rather than direct evidence.
You are correct and I was really wrong on that one. Thanks!

Maybe Neebee would be nice and go delete that one for me on the last thread. :please:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld