SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just logged into her facebook page and we have 1 mutual friend....it is disney related but wow....

Can you find out when her last posts were on the disboards? Curious to know if she's been posting there the past 2 or 3 months.

I have a feeling that LE used the expression 'direct evidence' loosely. Direct evidence would include things like a confession or a witness statement.

Conversely, 'circumstantial evidence' is anything that requires one to make an inference about the connection between some evidence and the crime in question. So, DNA, fingerprints, ballistic reports, blood spatter patterns, etc. -- all of this is circumstantial.

As I do not think that they have a witness or a confession, I believe that the press report meant that they had very strong circumstantial evidence rather than direct evidence.

I don't think so, LE clearly stated "direct evidence found on the property" when asked it evidence was found in the home.

cd3GT.AuSt.78.jpeg

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/24/4052761/moorer-murder-charges.html

Interesting that the warrants were dated Feb 18, 2014 exactly 2 months from the date they murdered Heather.

what does that mean...sorry, I don't know how this works. so they had the warrants since the 18th but didn't charge them until yesterday and today?

ETA...I think this is a typo, I think it's supposed to be 12/18, the day Heather was murdered not 2/18.

Which comments? I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing considering there are many different news sites that reported this and many different opportunities for people to add their commentary. I didn't single out any in particular as I saw a few distasteful remarks across different news sites (as well as large numbers of very kind and thoughtful comments), and I'm sure there are many more I haven't seen. I'm referring to comments like, "Heather should've known better." To me, that's dangerously close to saying, "If Heather hadn't have bad choices, she'd be alive," which is victim-blaming. That sort of language may be appropriate when trying to prevent a tragedy (don't do X, because Y might happen), but it strikes me as wholly inappropriate in the wake of one. The reality is if the Moorers weren't murderers, she'd be alive.

On another, relatively unrelated note, I really shouldn't take my cues of what's allowed from other posts! I commented about two things other people had talked about a few pages back only to realize they're off limits. Whoops!

Sorry, didn't mean to single you out. I agree, if the Moorer's weren't murderers she would still be alive.

LE often uses "direct evidence" rather loosely. Often it equates to "forensic evidence" but not always.

Considering other things they said, I suspect it's a cell phone photo, surveillance video, or something along those lines.

Can someone please link me to where their weights and heights are listed? Ty!

According to the warrants, Tammy is a mammouth of a woman compared to her husband.
I don't mean that in a mean way, just factual.

what does that mean...sorry, I don't know how this works. so they had the warrants since the 18th but didn't charge them until yesterday and today?

That's my understanding. And you notice nothing has been mentioned about the falsifying financial info that was given as the reason for the search warrants on Friday. Still a lot more info to come out. I'm so confused about the indecent exposure charges. What in the world were they doing?

It says Peachtree.

Agree, that's my point. The msm article says such, but none of the legal documents just posted say that? Again, did msm take liberties with assumptions based on "at the scene" (which I took to be property of/at the search warrant this past week) for me is different for them...and they stated happened at the PTL.

Link please and point it out for me as I must have missed which legal document stated PTL.

TIA

Murdered AT the boat landing - I didn't realize that was stated. Would be interested in seeing the arrest warrants stating that, or was MSM just taking liberties with that fact? :doh:

The actual warrants say PTL. Wasn't expecting that. Interesting the way both of their signatures change from the first set of warrants through today. They start out signing like it's a receipt and then they both change.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/collection_aa3b86c4-9d83-11e3-a412-001a4bcf6878.html

Per the search warrants:

Tammy is 5'9'' 235lbs
Sidney is 5'8'' 175lbs

Also says "malice aforethought" That my friends is MURDER 1, PREMEDIATED, LYING IN WAIT MURDER - death penalty charge if SC has the death penalty.

This is the strongest murder charge on the books.

I need to TO myself :(

Salem

ETA for link and wording: "The warrants state that Sidney and Tammy Moorer, "did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought," according to the murder warrant." http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html
Oh dear God. I kept up with the press conference, but hubby is sick, so I've been spoiling him. This is horrible! Prayers to the family. Off to catch up! :(

Agree, that's my point. The msm article says such, but none of the legal documents just posted say that? Again, did msm take liberties with assumptions based on "at the scene" (which I took to be property of/at the search warrant this past week) for me is different for them...and they stated happened at the PTL.

Link please and point it out for me as I must have missed which legal document stated PTL.

TIA

Both Sid's murder and kidnappying warrants mention PTL.

I am wondering if someone close to the M's, not directly involved but with knowledge after the fact, is talking because that person faced obstruction charges. Earlier it was said that more arrests were possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber