SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #21 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that the warrants were dated Feb 18, 2014 exactly 2 months from the date they murdered Heather.

And they weren't arrested until the 21st. So, these warrants were in the works, even before Sidney was "chased by a gunman" and went to the hospital for treatment on the 20th. So, the theory of SM singing like a canary at the hospital is out the window. This was all LE, folks. Working SO hard behind the scenes!

Also says "malice aforethought" That my friends is MURDER 1, PREMEDIATED, LYING IN WAIT MURDER - death penalty charge if SC has the death penalty.

This is the strongest murder charge on the books.

I need to TO myself :(

Salem

ETA for link and wording: "The warrants state that Sidney and Tammy Moorer, "did unlawfully, without just or sufficient cause, murder Heather Elvis with malice forethought," according to the murder warrant." http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9134b14e-9d67-11e3-a5f5-0017a43b2370.html

My head is still spinning from all this and I'm nauseous. Though we knew it was coming. I just don't understand why...I mean I get the 'motive' aspect of it, it just all seems so senseless and stupid.

I hope SC does have a death penalty and they do get it. Though I'd be satisfied with both of them rotting in prison forever and never getting to see Disney again. Maybe they can decorate their space and have "Mickey Cells". I'm sure their roomies will love it.

Well i can only imagine blood evidence then for it to be direct and give them a no body case, volume not enough to sustain life etc. I felt it happened at PTL Does anyone know if the degree of murder has been posted yet?

Could it be what was found in the trucks? Would there be evidence of blood in the seats and whatnot. Also, were the windows tinted? If so, I can see Heather thinking she is meeting with SM and hopping in and finding TM or, both. (I am guessing PTL is not well lit either) If they did what they were going to do to her at PTL there must be something showing that she was held in the vehicle? I don't know. Just theories on my part. I just don't know how 2 seemingly "normal" people go to this extent over an affair. I mean they were parents, have families, appear to have loved their animals. How does one make the leap. Sorry Just thinking outloud. Hard to wrap my mind around it all.

Do you all think Heather's parents were only told about these charges and findings today?
I'm heartbroken for Heather's parents.

they must have found evidence early on.

how well was the lake searched, I can't remember now, fivepointtwo bazillion posts later....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I was thinking a shell casing.... :twocents:

I have a feeling that LE used the expression 'direct evidence' loosely. Direct evidence would include things like a confession or a witness statement.

Conversely, 'circumstantial evidence' is anything that requires one to make an inference about the connection between some evidence and the crime in question. So, DNA, fingerprints, ballistic reports, blood spatter patterns, etc. -- all of this is circumstantial.

As I do not think that they have a witness or a confession, I believe that the press report meant that they had very strong circumstantial evidence rather than direct evidence.

I have a feeling that LE used the expression 'direct evidence' loosely. Direct evidence would include things like a confession or a witness statement.

Conversely, 'circumstantial evidence' is anything that requires one to make an inference about the connection between some evidence and the crime in question. So, DNA, fingerprints, ballistic reports, blood spatter patterns, etc. -- all of this is circumstantial.

As I do not think that they have a witness or a confession, I believe that the press report meant that they had very strong circumstantial evidence rather than direct evidence.
At the presser le clearly said direct evidence from the home and property

Do you all think Heather's parents were only told about these charges and findings today?
I'm heartbroken for Heather's parents.

No, I believe the family was told about EVERY charge that was coming on the 21st when LE stayed with them at their house during the initial search of the M compound. Considering the warrants were dated the 18th, I believe the let the Elvis family know what to expect and what charges were coming.

Blood at the landing?
Suspicion of a gun with a silencer, hence no gunshot heard?
Gun with silencer found at the house?

Remember, they have stated they have evidence from surveillance video. We do not know what this evidence is, but that could certainly be considered direct evidence.

If she had been killed at PTL and then transported to another location that act would not be considered kidnapping, correct? That would be a charge having to do with the mishandling of a corpse, right? Because she would already be dead.

I think the kidnapping was either in the luring her there or confining her somewhere while alive, maybe tying her up and putting her somewhere like a trunk. Maybe they lured her elsewhere then transported her in the trunk of her own car to PTL.

All just MOO.

If they know those kinds of details...someone is talking! JMO

No, I believe the family was told about EVERY charge that was coming on the 21st when LE stayed with them at their house during the initial search of the M compound. Considering the warrants were dated the 18th, I believe the let the Elvis family know what to expect and what charges were coming.

AndilLA, thanks and that makes perfect sense. imo

Well, thank goodness there are arrests. So many cases out there with no arrests for victims like Jessica Heeringa, Adrienne Salinas, Dylan Redwine...the list goes on and on and on. At least the responsible persons are behind bars with charges strong enough to keep them there (hopefully).

Will either of these guys ever divulge the location of Heather's remains?

Will Heather ever be found?

How could they charge them with kidnapping without hard evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber