SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #23 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why this kind of investigation didn't happen before. They said her car was found here, and in the charges against the Ms it says HE was murdered (with forethought) at this landing. So, if that was the theory before, why do this diving now? Why hasn't this waterway been searched before, when she was just "missing"? Something must have come from the jails. No?

JMO
LE may have told news people that "re-enactment" story just to keep them from knowing the true reason they are there.

Horry County Police at Peachtree Landing for 'forensic reenactment'

Police and crime scene investigators are on scene at Peachtree Boat Landing Friday, where Heather Elvis' car was found abandoned days after she was reported missing in mid-December 2013.

Our reporter at the scene confirmed that about 16 vehicles were at the boat landing near Socastee, including those from Horry County Police, Horry County Police Crime Scene Unit, and the Department of Natural Resources. There are also boats in the Waccamaw River near the landing, our reporter confirms.

Horry County Police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler said that police are there for a forensic reenactment of an open investigation. He said they have been out there for part of Thursday night and Friday since about 7:30 a.m.

DNR spokesman Cpl. Robert McCollough said divers are on scene at the request of the State Law Enforcement Division.

Vigil candles and missing posters for the missing 20-year-old woman remain scattered around the landing, which was closed to the public Friday morning.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24851...at-peachtree-landing-for-forensic-reenactment

Well, it's possible LE is trying to figure out where a body would float to if put in the water, or if the body was in a container, where it would go. IIRC, didn't do they something similar with Connor Peterson? Or maybe they only did computer reenactment, but I swear I remember tide routes, etc to see where they were put into the water in relationship to where they ended up.

Still say this couple is lazy, and didn't put much effort into the disposable. Imagine the adrenaline rush helped them crash harder than normal as well. Tammy isn't in that great physical shape, IMO....

Oh please let Heather be found soon!!!

(OT: Awaiting media reports, but I'm so upset today. A little boy almost 2yrs old is dead, and my FB is blowing up saying his parents neglected him, and killed him!...this is local to me...same friends...just a baby!!!)

Have divers been in those waters prior to now? If not, I wonder why not???

Police and crime scene investigators are on scene at Peachtree Boat Landing Friday, where Heather Elvis' car was found abandoned days after she was reported missing in mid-December 2013.

Our reporter at the scene confirmed that about 16 vehicles were at the boat landing near Socastee, including those from Horry County Police, Horry County Police Crime Scene Unit, and the Department of Natural Resources. There are also boats in the Waccamaw River near the landing, our reporter confirms.

Horry County Police spokesman Lt. Robert Kegler said that police are there for a forensic reenactment of an open investigation. He said they have been out there for part of Thursday night and Friday since about 7:30 a.m.

DNR spokesman Cpl. Robert McCollough said divers are on scene at the request of the State Law Enforcement Division.

Vigil candles and missing posters for the missing 20-year-old woman remain scattered around the landing, which was closed to the public Friday morning.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24851...at-peachtree-landing-for-forensic-reenactment

Does anyone else find it interesting that very shortly after TM was moved to another detention center LE was back down at the boat dock the very same day?

Remember in the Mickey Shunick case someone posted where Brandon had been checkout of the jail.

Anyway to see something like that in SC?

Kelly

I don't recall if there were divers in the water, but there were a lot of boats searching in the initial day or two of the missing report.

I think there were divers at PTL in the initial search.

Any news of a press conference in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO
LE may have told news people that "re-enactment" story just to keep them from knowing the true reason they are there.

This what I think is going on. I sure hope so anyway...Heather needs to be brought home and properly laid to rest.

Any news of a press conference in the near future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably not after a "reenactment".

Eta: I meant there probably wouldn't an announcement made.
Hopefully this is more and there will be a presser. Fingers crossed.

24851622_BG2.jpg

http://www.live5news.com/story/2485...at-peachtree-landing-for-forensic-reenactment

If this is a view of the reenactment, can someone help me out here? Which, in your opinion, would be HE's car? And which, if any, would be a M's vehicle?
I mean, wouldn't LE park vehicles in the same spot? Unless, of course, they did that during last night's reenactment.
TIA

Have divers been in those waters prior to now? If not, I wonder why not???

I thought I read that they did search these waters. Don't know if they searched by boats or had divers in the water. They may have searched by boat since the weather was so cold at that time.

And it can be hard to find a body even if they search. Bodies can become trapped under debris, sunken trees, old cars or caught in cracks on the bottom.

IMO

JMO
If it was just an re-enactment, I doubt they would need 16 vehicles.
Just saying.

If this is a view of the reenactment, can someone help me out here? Which, in your opinion, would be HE's car? And which, if any, would be a M's vehicle?
I mean, wouldn't LE park vehicles in the same spot? Unless, of course, they did that during last night's reenactment.
TIA

I wonder too where exactly they found HE's car in relation to the landing.

K

TIA

well i don't see any car parked sideways

I have been around the block...a few times.
My bet is that they have more than a hunch with that kind of presence.

Hoping today is the day...❤️
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members