SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you. Great work! Comprehensive!

Yep. Sometimes thanking a post feels inadequate OkieGranny sooo....

:loveyou::rollercoaster::cheers::takeabow::blowkiss::yourock::cupcake::goodpost::cheer::thewave::winner::party::applause::goldcrown:

Also I just wanted to put a lot of smilies in one post. Thanks OkieGranny. That timeline helps a lot. You rock.

That is a black water river moving through a forest preserve. The bottom is going to be covered in downed trees, logs, branches, and all kinds of debris.

Plus, while it's not Minnesota cold, that water is probably no more than 40 degrees F. Divers, even in wet suits, can only work so long in temps like that, and SAR divers are a pretty uncommon resource, even in coastal areas.

Finally, that river extends beyond what appears to be its banks. It's almost more of a flood plain that's always flooded to at least some extent. That means having to work small boats all through those cypress trees and underwater debris.

JMHO.

Yeah having a lot of debris on bottom is the absolute worst scenerio for underwater searching. The more structure and debris on the bottom the tougher it would be to find her if she is down there.

Sonar devices work best when the bottom is very smooth and not a lot of rocks or other debri. Because then when something shows up on the bottom it stands out like a sore thumb. If there is a lot of debris down there, then everything shows up as possible bodies with sonar.

It sounds like that river area is very tough to search the bottom.

One day while fishing, I thought I hit the jackpot with a huge school of fish. Only after getting snagged and having to break my line a few times did I realize my sonar was picking up a bunch of logs or other debris.

Sorry if this has been asked / answered already. I'm trying to keep up with the threads and still look busy at work....
Does anyone know if Georgetown facility has nicer "amenities" than Long? That question sounds like I'm talking about resort hotels, sorry! I'm wondering if TM is being rewarded for talking. TIA!

Sorry for quoting myself, but I started reading the all the posts downstairs and found the answer to my own question. I don't remember who provided this link, but thank you.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/02/27/4059336/tammy-moorer-moved-to-georgetown.html

I am not sure I agree with the notion that TM is smarter. AFter all, she has been the one posting all that crap everywhere. jmo

Well, if you check out SM's YouTube channel, you'll get a glimpse into his genius. You'll also quickly realize that he's learned to spell the word "dumb" by reading a lollipop wrapper (I'm not joking), so, relatively speaking, I guess we can say she's the brains of the Gruesome Twosome.

I used to live on a boat in that river, it flows south E, roughly, until Georgetown, where it dumps into Winyah Bay and then the Atlantic. That's about 30 miles as the crow flies, above a meandering river bottom. You can motor north against the current and come out to the ocean again at Little River.

Well, if you check out SM's YouTube channel, you'll get a glimpse into his genius. You'll also quickly realize that he's learned to spell the word "dumb" by reading a lollipop wrapper (I'm not joking), so, relatively speaking, I guess we can say she's the brains of the Gruesome Twosome.

Do you know if either of them went to college?

Does anyone think TCM or SM did talk, but they couldn't find Heather's body? Or is that just wishful thinking?

Almost without exception, if you are behind in the threads, and have a response to something, if you just keep going, someone else will state it, or ask it, before you get to the end :D

Has happened to me at least 5 times, Solitaryone's post above just being the last example. Yes, if they put her in there, they would not necessarily have any idea where she ended up.

Lord Berkeley Academy........SM graduated from.........is it a regular high school or a special school? Private? Wondering because we have academies here in PA, some are for troubled, problem children and others are for expensive private schools.

Does anyone know anything about his life before TM?

It's just an expensive private school. It's now called Pinewood Preparatory School.

So another person was killed that was employed by Tilted Kilts? This is the third employee that has been murdered in the past month or so. Hmmmm!

They did search the river - for days, maybe two weeks. Again, they spent countless hours searching in and around PTL. Including LE, CUE, volunteers. They searched water and land with boats, ATVs, on foot and horseback. A LOT of search efforts were devoted to PTL and the waterway.

Thank you...

I should have done my homework before making a statement...

Sorry...

If a body is not weighted down or stuck on something in the water, wouldn't the body float to the river bank?

You are correct that in a river especially most bodies are finally recovered downstream and washed up along near the bank. This is because as a river bends left and right the water flow goes towards the bank.

But remember if a body gets hung up on debris on bottom, it may be snagged down there and never surface.

Thankyou, so it might be safe to say SM comes from a higher economic family.

Not necessarily. I went to a similar-type school with very, very expensive tuition and there were a good number of students (myself included) who went there almost for free because of financial aid.

FYI for those who have not already and would like their WS experience to move faster and not refresh as often, Do the following:

Click on your User CP
On the left hand side you will see options
Under Settings and Options click on Edit Options
It will bring up a new page
Scroll almost to the bottom
There will be a drop down called Number of Posts Per Page
Select 200 in the drop down
Scroll down
Click Save changes

My page shows we only have two pages. It moves much faster. You will be pleased.

Also it will aid in all of us being able to get on at key times like their bond hearing in March. Any really big LE updates. And ofcourse, last but in no way the least when Heather's remains are hopefully found and returned to her family. It keeps the board from crashing as much.

If a body is not weighted down or stuck on something in the water, wouldn't the body float to the river bank?

In cold water, bodies tend to sink, and yes, it does also delay composition.

Generally speaking, when the water starts to warm up in the spring, bodies rise with it. In Chicago they call it "body season" :p Because of the buildup of gasses in the body, it tends to float even if it's weighed down.

Has anyone considered TM is playing games with LE? Maybe she's just putting her spin and negotiating benefits, like a move to another facility. Just wondering about the searches today.

Thank you for the update. Did you see the deleted tweets that were found by KoolaidMan and posted in the parking lot?

I did, and they're included in the "unauthorized" version of the timeline that I keep for my research. Can't use them here without a mod's okay because what happens in the parking lot stays in the parking lot.

OkieGranny, thank's for doing this timeline, and the time you put in to do it! Can the timeline be put in the media threads for easy access?

It's there, on Page 6, I think. I'll have to go through a mod to get the post updated.

I was trying to get this ready to post on Page 1 of this thread, but couldn't pull it together in time. I'll try to be more on the ball and get it posted on the front page of Thread #25 when we get there.

I think we need some updated maps, too. I'll get on that right now.

One day while fishing, I thought I hit the jackpot with a huge school of fish. Only after getting snagged and having to break my line a few times did I realize my sonar was picking up a bunch of logs or other debris.

When I attempt to fish moving water, all I ever catch is...rocks...sticks...trash bags...six pack rings...etc etc.

I should be a major stockholder in Rapala and Betts by now. I'm more of a bobber and worm kinda girl.:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5