SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to use this picture to describe where Heather's car was parked. It was on the left side of the landing, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of the distance between the water and the end of the landing. It was parallel to the water, with the front of her car off the pavement and facing into the trees. This is based on where the cross was at the candlelight vigil on Monday night, having been told the cross was where Heather's car was found. I hope this makes sense.

I was at the vigil too CGS, I probably saw you :).

from this shot, no cars are parked 'parallel' to the water...

so, HE's car was either off the road somewhere or this isn't a re-enactment.

In that image the trees block where her car was. You can see the banner through them a little.

Great idea with the arrow, thanks! I'm going to say it was a bit closer to the water, 1/3 to 1/2 way from the water. There was a truck parked where the Pastor stood and led the vigil, I would put the truck right past the first large puddle and then the crosses were a few feet past the truck (away from the water.)

I figured out how to add my own arrow (I'm not very technically inclined), this is where I think Heather's car was.

anddddd... I disagree. I believe the first arrow is correct. I was pretty much right next to the cross and banner and candles during the vigil. Afterward I walked past the back of the truck, towards the water, and around the edge of the crowd to go towards the back by the Elvis'. and they were on my right at the very top of the ramp. I also remember watching certain people... actually they've been in MSM so I can say names, Matt & April, their kids were running back and forth across the ramp right there because the crowd of people around the truck was up further.

Also someone said something about the mobile homes and headlights and not parking on that side? Thats where everyone (news & Elvis family, etc.) except the pickup used for the preacher and the Drexel family, parked. Specifically a huge news van with an antenna up that put out spotlights after dusk (which I appreciated.) So there are parking spots there, but they seem to be meant for single vehicles, not ones with hitches.

It does seem that at least 2 or more of these may be connected.

My question though is...

Is the restarant employment opportunities limited there in MB where the only place to make decent tip money as a young woman may be the TK had a reputation as the place to work?

Just thinking that if the TK had become known around the area as the best place for a young woman to possibly make good tip money and so the coincidence of all 3 of them working there may not be as scary as it looks?

Actually just had this discussion in RL! Can't say about Columbia's but here it's a very good place. Particularly this time of year. It's in a section that stays busy, touristy, plus caters to a certain clientele in a way. Plus if you drew a lunch shift (like most new workers probably would) there's enough shopping traffic to make it worthwhile. Plus, until recently, it seemed a HECK of a lot safer than that owl place ;)

For our legal eagles out there.

Lets say LE charges someone with Charge=A.

Then lets say new evidence emerges that pretty much proves the person really did Charge=B.

Can LE change their mind and drop Charge=A and change it to Charge=B?

If they can do that, does it make their case somewhat weaker because of the indecision. Like can a defense attorney bring that up and show how LE originally charged them differently and dropped charges.

I think that would depend on a couple things... 1) The evidence. and 2) is Charge B worse than Charge A? because I think if you go from bad to worse it'd be better than lessening the charges without a plea deal.

So another person was killed that was employed by Tilted Kilts? This is the third employee that has been murdered in the past month or so. Hmmmm!

Whoaaa past month or so??? Who else?

[SNIPPED BY ME]

:(

She has a great voice.

That CANNOT be posted. She is a minor.

Timeline update! This is still a rough draft and still a loooong way from complete. Underlined words and phrases are links to sources:

Mar 8, 1972: TM was born

Jan 14, 1976: SM was born

Dec 1982: TM's first trip to Walt Disney World, said she had not missed a year since

1990: TM graduated from Socastee High School

Jun 30, 1993: Heather was born

1995: SM graduated from Lord Berkeley Academy in Moncks Corner, SC

1997: SM's first trip to Walt Disney World

Mar 1998: SM and TM honeymooned on a cruise and a trip to Walt Disney World

Dec 2006: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Dec 2008: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Mar 4-12, 2009: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Apr 25, 2009: Brittanee Drexel went missing from Myrtle Beach; her cell phone last pinged near the South Santee River

Aug 22, 2009: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Sep 22, 2009: TM wrote on the Disboards that $300 was hard to come by at her house

Oct 2, 2009: TM wrote on the Disboards that she'd lost her "Disney magic" because their December WDW trip was off; someone who was supposed to buy tickets through her didn't so she didn't have money for the trip

Dec 2009: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Aug 6, 2010: TM wrote on the Disboards that they went to Walt Disney World "once a year".

Apr 8, 2011: TM wrote on the Disboards that they had booked a Disney cruise to Hawaii

2011: Heather graduated from St James High School

Dec 12, 2011: SM, his father-in-law, and a neighbor were arrested after a physical altercation over a property line dispute

March 2012: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Jun 2012: The M family visited Walt Disney World for a Star Wars Weekend

Sep 2012: The M family spent five days at Walt Disney World

Sep 9-13, 2012: The M family took a four-day Disney cruise to the Bahamas

Oct 21, 2012: In a post on the Disboards,TM called SM's mother "the evil queen" and mentioned using Florida resident and military discounts when booking their Disney trips

Oct 23, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that SM had a culinary arts degree from J&W, and that he specializes in lighting and design.

Oct 23, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards about her "rock'n'roll" past, the origin of her "photography thing," and her association with the One Tree Hill TV show

Oct 26, 2012: TM wrote on the disboards that she and SM built their own house from their own drawings

Oct 28, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that walking on the beach hurt her "lawnmower foot".

Nov 8, 2012: TM wrote on the Disboards that she and SM had cut her "monstrous in-laws" out of their lives and were having their best year since 1997

<Nov 17 2012: Heather began working at the Tilted Kilt

Nov 24-Dec 8, 2012: The M family spent two weeks at Walt Disney World

2013:

Feb 4, 2013: TM wrote on the Disboards that the Ms had just returned from another Disney cruise, booked at the last minute

Mar 17: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Mar 24: Heather tweeted that she wanted to get a job as a Disney princess

Mar 25: Heather tweeted that she needed to be in Florida, couldn't stand the distance

Apr 22: Heather tweeted a picture of Mickey and Minnie rings and said she needed a man who needed them as much as she did

May 3: The body of Amber Berbiglia was found near North Myrtle Beach, she had been an employee of the Tilted Kilt and was beaten to death

May 6: On the Disboards, TM offered a free photos shoot to anyone who donated at least $50 toward SM's fundraising goal for the Disney charity event in Jan 2014

May 14: Heather tweeted the price of a one-way ticket to Thailand

May 15: Heather tweeted that she regularly downgraded to guys who didn't deserve her

May 16: Heather tweeted song lyrics, "I was born to be the other woman…"

Jun 12: Heather tweeted song lyrics, "I gots a taste for men who're older…"

Jun 27: Heather began working at the House of Blues

Jul 7: Heather tweeted about her attraction to "the guy who builds things at my job"

Jul 10: Heather tweeted that "Sydney will be there" so she had to make an appearance, later tweeting that she was in too deep but watch her get deeper

Jul 24: Heather tweeted "prego my eggo" and retweeted a tweet asking why girls like beards

Aug 30-Sept 4: The M family visited Walt Disney World

Sep 3: Heather tweeted that there was nothing for her in MB and she needed to go somewhere new

Sep 21: Heather tweeted that an angel and a devil fell in love and it didn't end well

Nov 5: Heather tweeted "66 days" on Twitter, and retweeted a tweet about "married fellas" cheating on or murdering their wives

Dec 4/5: Heather moved into the apartment with BW

Dec 16: The last time TE saw Heather

Tuesday, Dec 17:

• Heather picked up mail from her parents' house

• 4:18pm: Heather made a purchase at the Kangaroo gas station on Mr Joe White Avenue

• 4:34pm: Heather made a purchase at McDonalds off International Drive

• 7:00pm: Date with SS, age 21, of Murrells Inlet; dinner at a Mexican restaurant, driving around looking at Christmas lights

• 10:43pm: Heather texted TE a pic of herself driving SS's truck at Inlet Square Mall

Wednesday, Dec 18:

• <1:44am: SS dropped Heather off at her apartment, said she didn't answer any calls during their date, she was in a good mood but tired, not crying or upset

• 1:44am: Heather called her roommate BW, who was away on Christmas break, said she had a great time on her date but was crying and upset after call from SM

1:53-2:09am: Ten posts were made to Heather's Tumblr

• 2:00am: Calls/texts between Heather's and SM's phones began per LE

• 3:41am: Last communication on Heather's phone per TE, at PTL

• 3:47am: Suspicious Person/Vehicle at Atalaya Place was reported to LE

• 6:00am: Last calls/texts between Heather's and SM's phones per LE

Thursday, Dec 19:

• <7:00pm: Heather's locked car was found abandoned at Peachtree Landing; her purse and cell phone were not inside

• 7:00pm: TE repeatedly tried to call Heather, but her phone went directly to voice mail

• 11:10pm: TE filed a missing person report

Friday, Dec 20:

• A search was conducted by LE on the Waccamaw River with a dive team, helicopters and boats

• 4:00pm Heather didn't show up for work at the Tilted Kilt

• SM told LE he hadn't seen Heather since October, said he last spoke to her by phone on the 18th and told her to quit calling him

Dec 24: Cue Center asked boaters and fishermen to help search for Heather

Dec 28: Searchers found the skeletal remains of a male near Tidewater Road

Dec 29: CUE Center, helicopters, and volunteers conducted a search for Heather

Dec 31: TE posted a sorrowful message on Find Heather Elvis about Heather

2014:

Jan 1: Searchers found additional skeletal remains off Tidewater Road, likely relating to the remains found nearby on Dec 28

Jan 3-5: Volunteers were asked to join in searches for Heather over the weekend

Jan 4: Volunteers set up a tip tent near the swing bridge on Dick Pond Road

Jan 10: Volunteers set up a tip tent near Heather's apartment

Jan 11-12: Cue Center conducted a weekend search for Heather

Jan 11: SM participated in a half marathon at Walt Disney World

Jan 17: Article written by TE was published by xojane

Jan 28: WB and GS were arrested and charged with obstructing justice resulting from misleading Facebook posts and searches and interviews without LE approval

Feb 4: TE reported to LE that two men in a black Jeep drove by his place of business and yelled at him, “We already have Heather, [Heather's sister] is next”

Feb 6: SM reported to LE that someone in a white or silver truck fired two shots at his vehicle on Ocean Highway

Feb 20: SM reported to LE that two men in a white truck pointed a shotgun at him in a parking lot on Kings Highway

Feb 20: TM complained about harassment on her FB page, threatening to file charges "against everyone we possibly can"

Friday, Feb 21:

• 7:30am: LE executed search warrants at the Moorer home; SM and TM were arrested, each on charges of Obstruction of Justice and two counts of Indecent Exposure

• 8:50am: TM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

• 11:00am: SM was booked into the J Reuben Long Detention Center

Feb 22: Bond hearings were held and bonds were set at $20,000 each; TM posted bond but holds were placed on both pending additional charges

Feb 23: SM and TM were charged with kidnapping Heather

Feb 24: SM and TM were charged with Heather's murder

Feb 26: TM was reportedly moved to the Georgetown County Detention Center

Feb 26: The body of Briana Rabon was found on a dirt road near Elgin, SC; she was an employee of the Tilted Kilt in Columbia

Feb 27-28: LE staged a forensic reenactment and search at PTL and the Waccamaw River

Excellent! Thanks for the updates and keeping this in order and easy to read. :)

For weeks I've wanted to say this but there has been so much going on:
Young people send screenshots of everything to their friends directly, to clouds, to social media, you name it. If they get weird texts they save them, copy them and send them in texts and screenshots. I would he very surprised, if it was actually Heather who was texting/messaging back and forth with SM, that she didn't forward or screenshot the messages or pictures to her roommate and even some type of cloud.

In cold water, bodies tend to sink, and yes, it does also delay composition.

Generally speaking, when the water starts to warm up in the spring, bodies rise with it. In Chicago they call it "body season" :p Because of the buildup of gasses in the body, it tends to float even if it's weighed down.

So true!!! I wonder if there is a magic temp? Probably, not. :tantrum:

Well, if you check out SM's YouTube channel, you'll get a glimpse into his genius. You'll also quickly realize that he's learned to spell the word "dumb" by reading a lollipop wrapper (I'm not joking), so, relatively speaking, I guess we can say she's the brains of the Gruesome Twosome.

if she is the one behind some of the posts attributed to his account I would not call it brains per se but more of a sly cunning. I love brainy people, sly and cunning is a different animal to me.

;)

FYI for those who have not already and would like their WS experience to move faster and not refresh as often, Do the following:

Click on your User CP
On the left hand side you will see options
Under Settings and Options click on Edit Options
It will bring up a new page
Scroll almost to the bottom
There will be a drop down called Number of Posts Per Page
Select 200 in the drop down
Scroll down
Click Save changes

My page shows we only have two pages. It moves much faster. You will be pleased.

Wow, thanks! I never knew this option existed. I selected 1,000 posts per page, lol. Everything on one page. We'll see how this works out! :)

Having so many problems with this site. Keep getting booted off. Have to relog in every minute it seems like. Getting really frustrating.

eta: ok, I changed it to 200 posts per page. 1000 was a little too much scrolling, lol.

You are correct that in a river especially most bodies are finally recovered downstream and washed up along near the bank. This is because as a river bends left and right the water flow goes towards the bank.

But remember if a body gets hung up on debris on bottom, it may be snagged down there and never surface.
And it might surface several months later than you might think (there was one not to long ago where it was about 4 months before a fisherman found the body snagged on some roots by the side of the river). It would make sense that anything that might be snagged on something now could get churned up during a storm, or when more boats head out on the water.

This is confusing to me. According to LE, the calls/texts started at 2am between HE & SM, but 15 min earlier HE is on the phone to her roommate and is upset (or said she was upset) after receiving a call from SM.

So when did the first call start?

That's a good question. It sounds like SM called Heather before 1:44am, but maybe not from his own phone. Or from TM's.

Wow, thanks! I never knew this option existed. I selected 1,000 posts per page, lol. Everything on one page. We'll see how this works out! :)

Having so many problems with this site. Keep getting booted off. Have to relog in every minute it seems like. Getting really frustrating.

I understand. They are working on it from what the mods have posted. The worst day for me was the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial. I just wanted to get on and vent. Vent. And I maybe got in like one time. As soon as I got on, my boss calls us in for a meeting, could not post (also I never surf the net at work KWIM ;) so anyway I come back from the meeting and couldn't get on for hours. Thank goodness I have met people from here that I could vent to over the phone.

SO many good people here.

Do you know if either of them went to college?

According to posts by TM, SM graduated from Johnson and Wales which has a really great reputation for Culinary Arts. I know they have one in NC because my nephew went there. They also have one in, I believe, Rhode Island (probably the most well known), and one other location, but I would guess he would have attended the Charlotte campus.

Well, if you check out SM's YouTube channel, you'll get a glimpse into his genius. You'll also quickly realize that he's learned to spell the word "dumb" by reading a lollipop wrapper (I'm not joking), so, relatively speaking, I guess we can say she's the brains of the Gruesome Twosome.

Lollipop wrapper? So he still can't spell dumb? :floorlaugh:

http://www.dumdumpops.com/

According to posts by TM, SM graduated from Johnson and Wales which has a really great reputation for Culinary Arts. I know they have one in NC because my nephew went there. They also have one in, I believe, Rhode Island (probably the most well known), and one other location, but I would guess he would have attended the Charlotte campus.

I know it is not really germane to finding Heather but...if he graduated from culinary school why didn't he try to be a chef? I care not for either TM or SM. But I love watching food shows on TV...too small a market to be a cook/chef/sou-chef? Just curious. It seems a lot easier than construction jobs. Maybe he didn't want to work 9-5 but when he could? That's MOO. Laziness.

I think there was a Charleston, sc location for few years. J&W that is

That's a good question. It sounds like SM called Heather before 1:44am, but maybe not from his own phone. Or from TM's.
The key might be that the article says that there were phone calls between SM and HE's phones between 2 and 6am, but not that they began at 2am. Who's to say that there were not previous calls LE hasn't mentioned earlier that day or the previous day?

Timeline update! This is still a rough draft and still a loooong way from complete. Underlined words and phrases are links to sources:

• 3:41am: Last communication on Heather's phone per TE, at PTL

My understanding in the past based on the remarks of TE, via this transcript, was that 3:41 a.m. was the last phone usage. The PTL reference relates to pings and was/is from a source not considered confirmed.

As I understand it, there's no confirmed location of the phone during the timeline in question. It makes sense, particularly based on LE's recent statements about where HE was killed, that her phone would have at some point been at PTL, but I don't think we know for sure where she was when that 3:41 communication occurred.

I know it is not really germane to finding Heather but...if he graduated from culinary school why didn't he try to be a chef? I care not for either TM or SM. But I love watching food shows on TV...too small a market to be a cook/chef/sou-chef? Just curious. It seems a lot easier than construction jobs. Maybe he didn't want to work 9-5 but when he could? That's MOO. Laziness.

Yeah, I don't know. With the reputation, he should have been able to get a job. My nephew got one in Washington, DC as a sous-chef.

Maybe he didn't finish? I take everything TM says with a LARGE grain of salt.

Yep. Sometimes thanking a post feels inadequate OkieGranny sooo....

:loveyou::rollercoaster::cheers::takeabow::blowkiss::yourock::cupcake::goodpost::cheer::thewave::winner::party::applause::goldcrown:

Also I just wanted to put a lot of smilies in one post. Thanks OkieGranny. That timeline helps a lot. You rock.

I so agree...

And FYI...

This marvelous timeline is posted in the media thread...

:seeya:

I would like to know where they worked or got all that money for all those vacations. I have a decent job and only go on vacations every few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor