SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived in the same place for a very long time surrounded by fields and I could not tell you a good hiding spot.

if you had spent years knowing hubby was cheating, and had her personality, I bet you'd be quite aware.

one divorce got me thinking twice about sinkholes haha :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I think LE should be reminding people often to search their own land.

Maybe as an adult however I would bet when you were a child you explored much more of the surrounding spots where you lived. I know I did. Us kids explored all over our neighborhood growing up.

We even rode our motorcycles in the woods across the street and when they finally developed it, they stole our trails and made roads out of them. We feel they owe us design money for the layout of the roads. :floorlaugh:

If TM did, in fact, grow up on Peachtree Rd, how eerie and disturbing that is. Would certainly give her home turf advantage and knowledge of the lay of the land. LE seems pretty astute in their investigation, but I get nervous something important may get overlooked because there is just so much info to investigate.

PS hope the residents of that new development appreciate the roads you wild Indians blazed through there! I have fond memories of all the neat places we used to discover running around in the woods with my childhood friends!!

Thank you so much for sharing local knowledge. It really helps those of us that are not familar with SC.

I do have a question. Do you consider to have a lot of alligators in SC?

I know Florida does but never realized SC even had them and just curious if it is a significant number of them or just a few here and there.

Yes we have massive amounts of alligators in sc, especially considering their habitat is only the coastal half of SC ( I believe the populations are estimated at over 100,000). I can't recall where their habitat ends, but I believe it's somewhere west of the Pee Dee area. The ACE Basin is one of the most important breeding areas for the American alligator. In recent years they've even shown up in the ocean and on the beach (in small numbers) but they wouldn't be expected to be there. There are of course problems with construction and growth pushing them out of their usual habitats. Anyway, they are everywhere around here.

I would say yes. Lots at Ocean Isle which is just over the NC boarder. Mostly back in the golf courses. I met one in Charleston SC once (in the wild). Not uncommon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. This really helps me to better understand. I've been getting shocked at a lot of things lately and that is one of them.

The closest I have been to that area is Cape Hatteras and we loved our vacation there. The Atlantic beaches are really nice.

LE's belief that HE drove to PTL could be due to something as simple as video from a traffic cam.

IMO, I believe Heather drove herself as well. Matter of fact I was even thinking about the route she may have taken. From her apartment at River Oaks, the most direct route would be to come out of River Oaks; Then take a right onto Waccamaw Blvd. Then she would've turned left onto Dick Scobee and as soon as you go through the light it turns into Forestbrook Road. (Just right there she would've passed quite a few businesses and an underpass that would most def. have cameras). At the end of Forestbrook, she would have made a left onto Dick Pond Road, and then another right onto Peachtree Road. She would've passed tons of businesses with potential surveillance cameras.

Google Maps: 10.4 miles, approximately 13 minute drive.

Yes we have massive amounts of alligators in sc, especially considering their habitat is only the coastal half of SC ( I believe the populations are estimated at over 100,000). I can't recall where their habitat ends, but I believe it's somewhere west of the Pee Dee area. The ACE Basin is one of the most important breeding areas for the American alligator. In recent years they've even shown up in the ocean and on the beach (in small numbers) but they wouldn't be expected to be there. There are of course problems with construction and growth pushing them out of their usual habitats. Anyway, they are everywhere around here.

Great information about them. Thanks.

I too have heard of them actually swimming in the ocean itself.

Your post reminds me of a thought from last night.

I went to school with a guy who'd had an accident involving a lawnmower when he was very young. His mom accidentally backed into him, severing his heel, resulting in lifelong pain and disability. Chronic bone and infection problems eventually led to his lower leg being amputated.
Anyway, his mother clearly guilt ridden, spoiled him without cease. Though they were not wealthy, he had the nicest car at school, they let him do as he pleased for the most part.

The lawnmower foot comment made me wonder about the details of TM's accident.
This comment makes me think we went to high school together. Are you a SC native?

There are alligators as far inland as Sparkleberry Swamp in the Midlands near Columbia. All the rivers, like the Little Pee Dee, Great Pee Dee, Black River, etc all have alligators in them, as well as Pack's Landing, etc near Santee. Brackish or fresh water, doesn't matter. Plenty of gators.

They don't hibernate in the way you think from TV. We see them all year if it's a sunny day, just not as active, which is not the same as inactive, KWIM.

Links: Sparkleberry Swamp
Pee Dee is a Catawba (Native American) word.
Great Pee Dee River
Little Pee Dee River

There are alligators as far inland as Sparkleberry Swamp in the Midlands near Columbia. All the rivers, like the Little Pee Dee, Great Pee Dee, Black River, etc all have alligators in them, as well as Pack's Landing, etc near Santee. Brackish or fresh water, doesn't matter. Plenty of gators.

They don't hibernate in the way you think from TV. We see them all year if it's a sunny day, just not as active, which is not the same as inactive, KWIM.

Funny names :giggle: What or who is Pee Dee?

rsbm: This ^^^^ is what bothers me. Those areas/land are privately owned.

And TM has a lot of relatives in that neck of the woods. I suppose they wouldn't get real suspicious (or shoot her off their property) if she was spotted in the wee early hours----but she would probably go unnoticed at that time.
Her being on their property is a tad risky but not fatal, iykwim.....just sayin'.

The question is this: If they knew she had been there doing nefarious biz, would they rat her out or take the chance of being implicated? Do they think they could act like an ostrich with it's head in the sand if HE's remains (ugh, hate saying that) were to be found?

2j5xpj7.png

ETA! GO ME!!!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been identified, I'm just catching up. This is Turtle Market on 707, it's a gas station and mini mart. And...I read yesterday that Angie Pipkin (missing from Aynor SC) was caught on camera there...

I'd like to know what motivated her to take that drive to such a dark place at that hour. And I don't buy she was madly in love with this guy.

It doesn't make sense.

If HE and SM had been seeing each other all along, what's so urgent on 12/18 2:00 -3:00 a.m.? If this relationship was leading to 'I'm leaving my wife and want to be with you', after seeing her all along, why the need to rendezvous at PTL in the wee hours?

And what was so upsetting about hearing 'good' news?

Conversely, if they really ended their fling last fall, why on 12/18 did SM decide that leaving TM warranted a clandestine meeting in the wee hours at a boat landing?

Really?

Ok, so in either case he was lying and it was all a ruse to get her somewhere to kill her.

Again, really?

And she agreed to such an unexpected meeting at that hour, why?

First, why did she need to be killed? I get the buzz that's flying around the web. But even if true, she needed to be killed that morning, in the wee hours, after luring her with a lie? You could probably convince someone to go for coffee quicker and come up with a better plan for offing them and not drawing attention to your crime.

And I do think she wasn't easily convinced. At least not if there was all this calling and texting and consulting with the roomie, and shedding tears, before she got in the car and drove to the darkest spot she/they could have chosen.

?

I would think it would make more sense to say hey, I'm done with the ball and chain, I love you madly, let's leave tomorrow evening and go on a road trip or to a hotel and start over. And if the mission was a murder then on the way or after arriving at what's to be the end of the road, oops, or gotcha, or whatever.

But this PTL theater and leaving the car there, particularly if she was taken from PTL after her death, then posting on FB, and screwing up the alibi story - not to mention the IE somewhere in between or afterward....

Lots of activity and steps before getting to the point, which was her death.

If I decided to kill someone for whatever reason, and based on a previous history had the ability to convince them to see me, I think I'd prefer to isolate them farther away from our local territory. I'd definitely not involve three vehicles, and I sure as heck wouldn't pot stir something as dramatic as, 'Hey, after a fling that's gone nowhere, I've decided to leave my spouse because it dawned on me you're the one. So...let's meet at 3:00-ish a.m. when you've had no sleep, at a boat landing in the dark. You drive your own car."

What is up here? Because I don't think TM suddenly 'snapped' and said, 'So, Sid, let's get her, I'm thinking 12/18, and PTL makes the most sense for her murder.'

Regardless of rumors being true in the end, or TM being a flaming narcissist, or SM being (most likely) the pathological dum-dum, something is wrong with this picture.

Maybe it will all make sense once we get more details and the missing pieces come together. But right now, it just doesn't quite connect.

Seriously? Have I reached the end? Now onto the pl.

o/t ~ I changed to 200 posts per page but when my thanks doesn't work, I refresh but the page goes all the way back up to the top. Then it seems to take forever to find the post I want to thank. Ugh! This being the reason I'm not thanking many of the posts I'd like to thank. I can't keep up as it is and the thanks challenge has become too much.

When WS introduced the thanks feature, it annoyed me to have to fuss with the new feature as we had been going along without it for a good while. I adapted and began thanking peeps for posts that inform, if they worked hard digging up info, provided a good link with a description, if I agree with the post or if I don't necessarily agree but the post offers food for thought as in possibilities for the case and for more reasons too!!
So, with these reasons in mind, one can end up thanking ninety percent of all posts!

Has a quota been set on user thanks? lol!

The fact that the thanks feature has become so unreliable (not sure if my computer or WS issue), has me annoyed all over again. Now I feel badly when I can't or don't use it because it is not working.

I'm going to try the 100 post pages as I must like the idea of turning a page.;):tyou:

And also Amber. Just wondering if anyone checked with Brittanee Drexel's mother to see if her and her friends might have gone to Tilted Kilt when they were down here on that ill-fated spring break. That's just too much of a coincidence that all three girls worked at Tilted Kilt, although they have someone in custody for Briana's death; who closes resembles one of the Moorer's that its scary actually.

I could be wrong but I don't think Tilted Kilt existed yet when BD went missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right, cjuenn81. Brittanee disappeared on 4/25/09. The Tilted Kilt opened in 2011.

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2011/06/01/2194363/celtic-themed-pub-to-debut-at.html#ixzz1Xmcs6vRo

has it already been discussed, if HE was going to be ambushed by TM, why she even drove her car to PTL? If SM knew her RM was OOT, wouldn't it make sense he'd pick her up and take her to PTL to meet up with TM? I just don't think this was pre-planned. It doesn't seem to be in the Ms best interest to have an abandoned car sitting in a public spot for long. Having HE "disappear" after coming home from her date would have played in the Ms hands better. Can't wrap my head around this...

No trash pick up in the county. All county residents have to take their own trash to the dump, which being where the Moorer's live, they have two to choose from. One off of Hwy 544, and another of Hwy 707 in Socastee.

I'm in the county (I believe Myrtle Beach city limits end at the waterway) and I have trash pick up as part of my HOA dues.

Does anyone know what that "white" stuff is in the roads and in that area.

It is interesting that it appears that TM may have lived right near Peachtree landing. Incredible.

I cant figure out why there is so much white stuff or what the white stuff is.

Also, there could be a house in there somewhere, but I thought the part that looked like a roof was maybe a pile of dirt or rocks with top of mound looking like roof ridge lines. Maybe I was not looking in the right spot referenced.

White stuff? Where? Do you have a pic? TIA

eta: nevermind, I saw the posts yall are referring to. Sorry, I'm kind of lost in posts over here after changing my settings to 200 posts per page. Lots of scrolling.

I'd like to know what motivated her to take that drive to such a dark place at that hour. And I don't buy she was madly in love with this guy.

It doesn't make sense.

If HE and SM had been seeing each other all along, what's so urgent on 12/18 2:00 -3:00 a.m.? If this relationship was leading to 'I'm leaving my wife and want to be with you', after seeing her all along, why the need to rendezvous at PTL in the wee hours?

And what was so upsetting about hearing 'good' news?

Conversely, if they really ended their fling last fall, why on 12/18 did SM decide that leaving TM warranted a clandestine meeting in the wee hours at a boat landing?

Really?

Ok, so in either case he was lying and it was all a ruse to get her somewhere to kill her.

Again, really?

And she agreed to such an unexpected meeting at that hour, why?

First, why did she need to be killed? I get the buzz that's flying around the web. But even if true, she needed to be killed that morning, in the wee hours, after luring her with a lie? You could probably convince someone to go for coffee quicker and come up with a better plan for offing them and not drawing attention to your crime.

And I do think she wasn't easily convinced. At least not if there was all this calling and texting and consulting with the roomie, and shedding tears, before she got in the car and drove to the darkest spot she/they could have chosen.

?

I would think it would make more sense to say hey, I'm done with the ball and chain, I love you madly, let's leave tomorrow evening and go on a road trip or to a hotel and start over. And if the mission was a murder then on the way or after arriving at what's to be the end of the road, oops, or gotcha, or whatever.

But this PTL theater and leaving the car there, particularly if she was taken from PTL after her death, then posting on FB, and screwing up the alibi story - not to mention the IE somewhere in between or afterward....

Lots of activity and steps before getting to the point, which was her death.

If I decided to kill someone for whatever reason, and based on a previous history had the ability to convince them to see me, I think I'd prefer to isolate them farther away from our local territory. I'd definitely not involve three vehicles, and I sure as heck wouldn't pot stir something as dramatic as, 'Hey, after a fling that's gone nowhere, I've decided to leave my spouse because it dawned on me you're the one. So...let's meet at 3:00-ish a.m. when you've had no sleep, at a boat landing in the dark. You drive your own car."

What is up here? Because I don't think TM suddenly 'snapped' and said, 'So, Sid, let's get her, I'm thinking 12/18, and PTL makes the most sense for her murder.'

Regardless of rumors being true in the end, or TM being a flaming narcissist, or SM being (most likely) the pathological dum-dum, something is wrong with this picture.

Maybe it will all make sense once we get more details and the missing pieces come together. But right now, it just doesn't quite connect.

Agreed, good post.

Really the only 2 scenarios I see at this time clearly as a motive for SM would be if [modsnip]. SM could stand a lot to lose. His kids, his wife, his home [modsnip]) The other scenario would be if TM "made him do it" somehow.

If the M's are the correct people in custody, which is obviously likely, then I'm seeing this more as TM being the trigger person. As mentioned in numerous posts by many here, I think its possible TM followed SM, or was tracking him somehow. She could have even set him up. JMO [modsnip].

So, why did HE drive to PTL? What was so urgent at 3am? The only 2 things I can think of right now are 1)[modsnip] 2)SM convinced her on the phone that they really should be together, he persuaded her to meet him for a rendezvous or discussion.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member