SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #26***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is unconfirmed/disputed info being put out by a media source. When it is confirmed, it will be discussable here.

Salem

Thanks. It must have been removed here from last night because it was being discussed. I can't find anything on either page because of the margins on both pages are blown and I don't know how to fix them.

When asked if a search for Elvis' body had extended into Sidney Moorer's native Berkeley County, Berkeley County Capt. Rick Ollic said Horry County investigators had not requested to search the area. Ollic said he will meet with State Law Enforcement Division agents and Horry County investigators next week to see if there's anything the Sheriff's Office can do to assist in the investigation.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-with-state-horry-county-officials&source=RSS

Thank you. I'm sitting here in tears over it honestly. One of my friends passed in January from a simple surgery that went wrong and she was one of those people that would send private little notes of encouragement and memes all the time. They are all gone. Where could they go? Does FB keep that? I would think they have to. I guess they would have to turn over all TMs posts and messages if subpoenaed for it so their has to be archives. Ugghh. ..I'm just sick over the loss of those messages. :'(

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

You should be able to download a file that contains all of your past FB history. Here's a link that tells you how:

www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-entire-facebook-history-data-downloader/

I'm not 100% sure that deleted account messages would be in there but it's definitely worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to download a file that contains all of your past FB history. Here's a link that tells you how:

www.makeuseof.com/tag/download-entire-facebook-history-data-downloader/

I'm not 100% sure that deleted account messages would be in there but it's definitely worth a shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't have a link but from now on fb's of deceased people won't be deleted, new fb policy. Came about after the dad was desperate to see his dead sons fb.

First of all, I would like to say 'Good Morning' to everyone reading this morning. Its a bit chilly, but a beautiful day thus far. I would love nothing more than for today to be the day, especially with how beautiful this one is starting out, that we bring Heather home.

Perhaps you have some knowledge in this area...
We have video surveillance at our business, but video is only archived for a certain amount of time, then it rewrites over existing video. We cannot store hours upon hours of video indefinitely.

Depending on when surveillance tapes were obtained, if they'd been taped over as part of a looping cycle, could "expert video analysis" reveal the copied over data? Could this be the reason for the delay in search warrants/arrests?

I've been trying to imagine reasons for the delay in putting these two behind bars if LE's had these tapes in their possession since December.

Yes. Computer forensics could possibly view the video if it has been taped over.

There are a lot of variables that come in to play though.

If they didn't obtain the videos until the week that the warrant was issued and the Ms were arrested, then it is possible, however highly unlikely they would be able to view any footage from December if it has been taped over.

However, if they obtained all video surveillance in the area the week HE disappeared, then the chances of them being able to view video that has been recorded over increase significantly.

Just to name a few of those variables :

-How old the surveillance system is.

-If it is hooked up to a computer, and what type of computer and how old the computer is.

-The software the surveillance system / computer is running.

-How the surveillance system actually records.

-The time elapsed since the incident occurred to when you are viewing the footage.

While we are on the topic of technology, I read a few posts either a couple of pages back or on a previous thread that I wanted to comment on.

There seems to be some confusion and misunderstanding about when/how cell phones 'ping' cell phone towers.

Even if a cell phone is off, it still 'pings' towers. Only removing the battery will prevent the cell phone from 'pinging'.

Obviously every time the cell phone makes a call, receives a call, sends a text, receives a text, turns on, turns off, and surfs the internet, the cell phone must connect to a tower (thus the 'ping').

Even if none of the above activities are taking place, the phone still pings surrounding cell phone towers at regular, timed intervals. This interval varies from carrier to carrier, phone to phone, and the software the phone is running.

So in short, as long as the battery is in the cell phone, and has even the slightest amount of charge, it is connecting to (pinging) cell phone towers. Regardless of activity on the phone. Simply turning the phone off will not stop it from connecting to surrounding cell phone towers.

Just wanted to clarify.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

And the sun rises on yet another day without Heather. I'm glad the M's are where they are, but Heathers body needs to be laid to rest properly.

sigh.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

First of all, I would like to say 'Good Morning' to everyone reading this morning. Its a bit chilly, but a beautiful day thus far. I would love nothing more than for today to be the day, especially with how beautiful this one is starting out, that we bring Heather home.

Yes. Computer forensics could possibly view the video if it has been taped over.

There are a lot of variables that come in to play though.

If they didn't obtain the videos until the week that the warrant was issued and the Ms were arrested, then it is possible, however highly unlikely they would be able to view any footage from December if it has been taped over.

However, if they obtained all video surveillance in the area the week HE disappeared, then the chances of them being able to view video that has been recorded over increase significantly.

-Restless in Horry County

-JL

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy S3 Running Android 4.4.2 via Tapatalk Pro 4

Good morning! Yes! The rain is gone and the sun is shining with temps in the 60's today it will be beautiful. I hope everyone that can will be out today!
:please:

All I've got to say about that is I sure do hope his attorney is wrong.

JMO but he is a defense attorney and it's his job to proclaim SM innocence. I doubt he would make a statement proclaiming that yes, my client is guilty.

I have a few pages of backreading to do, but I wanted to share my morning with y'all first. I finally decided to venture over to PTL. I've been on the fence about whether or not to go. Part of what's been holding me back is that I don't want to be a "rubbernecker," and as such, show disrespect to the family and friends of sweet Heather. Another reason is that like most of you, I've learned to love, not only Heather, but the entire Elvis family, and I knew it was going to be such a heavy thing to do. Well, I was out having breakfast, and afterwards, I took a right, instead of the (normal) left, out of the parking lot. I just found myself driving over to Socastee. I guess my heart decided it was time.

It was early, but the tip tent was being set up at the swing bridge. I drove to the landing and that drive down PT Road felt significantly different to me this morning, than at any time in the past. I got a small smile on my face when I saw the camera at the Pixie Dust Estate. I didn't stop or get out, but coming and going, I wondered if it would have actually caught any traffic on the road. It seems to be aimed downward, directly at where a car would pull into the driveway at the gate.

At the landing, and crossing the swing bridge, I noticed that the water was beautifully glassy this morning. The sun is finally back out and there's very little wind. It was eerily quiet at the landing for a loooong 30 seconds; then the dogs started barking! At one of the trailers, that overlooks PTL, there was a kennel, with at least 2 dogs in it. My husband and I weren't making any noise, but those dogs saw us and barked at us the rest of the time we were there...which was about half an hour. For us, that ruled out drowning or anything that may have caused a struggle or commotion. We were SO QUIET, but those dogs knew we were there. I stood where I believe Heather's car was parked and tried to look around through her eyes. It was just such an eerie feeling being there. I was hoping she would speak to me or offer a clue somehow. Finally, I placed a single flower with the other flowers, candles, and keepsakes, and left the landing. I have to say, it was so incredibly sad to place that flower, while looking Heather in the eyes (on her "missing" sign), knowing this is where she likely took her last breath. :(

I know this is getting long and I have so little information that could actually help, so I'll wrap it up with this last part. Coming back down PT Road, I took a left on Mill Pond Road, and then Hwy 814. I wanted to take the back roads the M's would have taken to the landing. Well, that, and it's the most direct route. My heart got heavy and full of anger as I neared that corner where the compound is. Two things about the compound, and I'm done:

1. No sighting of a white or silver Jeep Cherokee. I didn't get out of the car, but I did stop in several places and look as thoroughly as I could from the car, with the window down. I didn't want my picture taken, and with it being TM's birthday, I thought emotions might be especially high at that address today. I saw the red truck, parked next to the camper, but no Cherokee. Of course, that doesn't mean it was confiscated. It could have been in, what I believe to be, the detached garage.

2. I was surprised at how compact the "compound" really is. All of the pics, even the aerial shots, make it look compact, but in person, it's seems even more crowded. Those houses are on top of each other. That just gives me an indescribably weird feeling. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents and my in-laws, but that's WAY too close for comfort.

Okay, that's it. Sorry for the novella. I'm going to catch up on the last few pages. I hope SOMETHING I said helps SOMEBODY figure out SOMETHING. I want so badly for Heather to come home.

:blowkiss::grouphug:
Thank you. I'm sitting here in tears over it honestly. One of my friends passed in January from a simple surgery that went wrong and she was one of those people that would send private little notes of encouragement and memes all the time. They are all gone. Where could they go? Does FB keep that? I would think they have to. I guess they would have to turn over all TMs posts and messages if subpoenaed for it so their has to be archives. Ugghh. ..I'm just sick over the loss of those messages. :'(

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
:grouphug: :blowkiss:

A member here said that they knew of a judge who would release information about a case on days that were special to the defendants. Maybe that it is happening here, but it seems like an anecdote has taken on a life of its own.

When asked if a search for Elvis' body had extended into Sidney Moorer's native Berkeley County, Berkeley County Capt. Rick Ollic said Horry County investigators had not requested to search the area. Ollic said he will meet with State Law Enforcement Division agents and Horry County investigators next week to see if there's anything the Sheriff's Office can do to assist in the investigation.

http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-with-state-horry-county-officials&source=RSS
From the article: "In a phone call, Sidney Moorer's father, Larry Moorer, of Summerville, declined to comment on the charges against his son. He went on to say he believed his family had been lied to by law enforcement. He did not elaborate on what he thought he was lied to about, deferring all further comment to his son's attorney, Kirk Truslow." Wonder what he believes they were lied to about?

From the article: "In a phone call, Sidney Moorer's father, Larry Moorer, of Summerville, declined to comment on the charges against his son. He went on to say he believed his family had been lied to by law enforcement. He did not elaborate on what he thought he was lied to about, deferring all further comment to his son's attorney, Kirk Truslow." Wonder what he believes they were lied to about?

Had Sidney had any contact with his family?
I thought Tammy wrote them off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member