SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said it in a comment on the article. "I think she snapped." I would agree with that sentiment. The guns out in the open? I'm thinking extreme paranoia. Brought on by their being "shot at" or their being "shot at" being a delusion from the paranoia? I'm so glad they're locked up so that others "are safe".

Someone said it in a comment on the article. "I think she snapped." I would agree with that sentiment. The guns out in the open? I'm thinking extreme paranoia. Brought on by their being "shot at" or their being "shot at" being a delusion from the paranoia? I'm so glad they're locked up so that others "are safe".

Whether they were shot at or not...I am starting to believe they really think they were...jmo

Unless this was Very Recent...Meaning their life was unraveling before their eyes........maybe they knew it was just a matter of time before they would be arrested.......
IMOO.

At first I didn't it was recent and I thought this was their life, but why no red flags going off with the extended family? Now it could have been that TM started losing it when she found out SM was involved with Heather, so it was over a few months that this happened.

I am wondering if there was a difference between when LE first went to the house, and this most recent time; were they holed up like that for two or more months?
Also, as far as others living in the grounds, [modsnip] If not, the situation could have easily gone on unknown.

I just get a creepy feeling, like the fancy new house was a shell for some awfulness...:( jmo

BBM - Great points. If LE had questions about the safety of all members of the family when they first "checked" them out, they would have taken care of it. They would have had DSS involved at that point.

now i wonder if the above could be true. maybe they knew they eventually were going to be caught and were freaking out about it and neglected the most obvious things in their life, their kids, home, etc...

in other words, they were so hyper-focused on getting caught they could not function anymore, became paranoid and neglectful of their environment

I think shutting down emotionally/mentally, which could have lead to the neglect of their home and lives. They know what they did. Maybe they couldn't cope anymore, but did not want to give themselves up, so they lived in their squalor until they got arrested.

IMOO.

Their individual banking records for purchases, made between Dec 1 and Feb 21, will also provide even more details as to where they went, what they did and what items or products they purchased in the days before and after Heather's disappeared.

Their phone records and those of any other members of their household (calls, text and data) as well as the Ping locations will provide more corroborating evidence.

Even newer vehicles, if they had navigation or a service like Onstar, will paint even more of the picture.

Local surveillance footage will add even more layers.

Evidence found in and on the vehicles, the property and inside the home will be added to the mix.

Then they can compare the spoken word of the suspects to the above details.

Of course, there are probably members of different communities that can also attest to having seen one or both of them in certain locations at particular times.

There may even be witnesses who have given LE evidence or testimony against the couple.

And last but not least, their own statements and online activity, statements or lack thereof, and their online searches will be used against them.

It sounds like the M's are in deep doo doo.

The prosecution has to prove Heather is likely dead from the case they present to convict on murder. The questions are: do they have enough blood evidence to conclude she is dead? do they have evidence of internal organs ex, brain matter,bone fragments? do they have witnesses who were there, who heard them implicate themselves in her murder? instruments used in the crime, blood on knife,axe,etc? There are a lot of unsolved crimes in Horry County and the surrounding area,something the defense will bring up(the pressure on getting one solved,possible serial killer,etc). If they don't have anything that I have mentioned any competent defense attorney can create reasonable doubt. I feel the prosecution is loading up this case with as many charges as they can. Some like the financial ones will stick,imo, others will need very strong evidence. The connection between the M's and HE are we well documented. I wonder if they will be tried together and will they start with the financial charges first or roll all the charges together (which I doubt,as they are probably not related to the murder charges). I doubt we'll be hearing from the M's during this trial (if it goes to trial). Finding Heather will bring more than closure to the family,imo it will make the case for the prosecution a little easier.

By the way, I've been missing the sleuthing on here! Real life interfered...do we know what time the hearing is Monday?

At first I didn't it was recent and I thought this was their life, but why no red flags going off with the extended family? Now it could have been that TM started losing it when she found out SM was involved with Heather, so it was over a few months that this happened.

BBM - Great points. If LE had questions about the safety of all members of the family when they first "checked" them out, they would have taken care of it. They would have had DSS involved at that point.

It does make sense that LE would have removed the children in Dec/early Jan. or whenever the first search was, if they were living this way at that time.

If they deteriorated to this point since, it makes the Fb posts by TM right up until the day before they were arrested even more bizarre...like they were completely living in a world of their own. That was when she posted about how they were going to file lawsuits, they had been cleared, etc...something like that. JMO

The prosecution has to prove Heather is likely dead from the case they present to convict on murder. The questions are: do they have enough blood evidence to conclude she is dead? do they have evidence of internal organs ex, brain matter,bone fragments? do they have witnesses who were there, who heard them implicate themselves in her murder? instruments used in the crime, blood on knife,axe,etc? There are a lot of unsolved crimes in Horry County and the surrounding area,something the defense will bring up(the pressure on getting one solved,possible serial killer,etc). If they don't have anything that I have mentioned any competent defense attorney can create reasonable doubt. I feel the prosecution is loading up this case with as many charges as they can. Some like the financial ones will stick,imo, others will need very strong evidence. The connection between the M's and HE are we well documented. I wonder if they will be tried together and will they start with the financial charges first or roll all the charges together (which I doubt,as they are probably not related to the murder charges). I doubt we'll be hearing from the M's during this trial (if it goes to trial). Finding Heather will bring more than closure to the family,imo it will make the case for the prosecution a little easier.

10am? I think it was posted earlier today...

also, it was the day before their arrest when SM was threatened outside a TGIF and sent to the hospital with chest pain

It does make sense that LE would have removed the children in Dec/early Jan. or whenever the first search was, if they were living this way at that time.

If they deteriorated to this point since, it makes the Fb posts by TM right up until the day before they were arrested even more bizarre...like they were completely living in a world of their own. That was when she posted about how they were going to file lawsuits, they had been cleared, etc...something like that. JMO

And then there were the Valentine's Day posts.

Tonight at 6 - New details on Moorer home revealed in police report
Posted: Mar 11, 2014 2:46 PM PDT
Updated: Mar 11, 2014 2:54 PM PDT
By WMBF News Staff - email

Coming up on WMBF News at 6 p.m., we have startling new details on the condition of Tammy and Sidney Moorer's home from the police report made on the day they were arrested.

via
http://www.wmbfnews.com/Global/story.asp?S=24947349

If any locals can post an update on this, I would greatly appreciate it, since this should be on now! TIA! I just saw this and wanted to post it ASAP. I apologize if someone has already covered it! :seeya:

ETA: I found a live link, but I'm not sure if they've already discussed Heather's case
http://www.wmbfnews.com/category/235957/wmbf-live

Wow! I just read this in Heather's Maps and Media Thread...

I have a question for you wonderful Sleuthers...

The last paragraph of the above article reports: (somewhat in my own words... But as close as I can type, atm...)

"DSS confirmed the Moorer's three children are safe, and that THEY are involved in the investigation with Horry County Police."

My question:

Does the "THEY" refer to the Moorer's three children... Or does it refer to DSS?
(In reference to being involved in the investigation with Horry county Police)

TIA...:seeya:

Dee we posted at same time ha,ha. If all of them were sleeping in 1 room with guns around them. IMHO they were really worried, paranoid that someone was coming after them. I wonder if they would have shot at LE? The filth of the home for some reason I am not surprised.

I'm catching up on the days events...but had your thoughts exactly!

SM wouldn't be sneaking out anymore, with this sleeping arrangement...jmo

Wow! I just read this in Heather's Maps and Media Thread...

I have a question for you wonderful Sleuthers...

The last paragraph of the above article reports: (somewhat in my own words... But as close as I can type, atm...)

"DSS confirmed the Moorer's three children are safe, and that THEY are involved in the investigation with Horry County Police."

My question:

Does the "THEY" refer to the Moorer's three children... Or does it refer to DSS?
(In reference to being involved in the investigation with Horry county Police)

TIA...:seeya:

I would interpret that to mean DSS is involved.

So I wonder what the interior of the camper looks like now?

IMOO.

I, too, am so curious about the condition of the interior of the camper... Especially now with these new revelations of the living conditions of the Moorers...

:waitasec:

Wow! This new info about their house is mind boggling. What exactly makes a bedroom 'unlivable'? My mind is going to past episodes of Hoarders that I've watched.

Her home is like her, airbrushed and photo shopped on the outside, and a hot mess on the inside.

TM was a ticking time bomb and Heather got blown to smitherines.

Those poor children. I'm glad they are out of that

ETA: I wonder if we'll ever see the pictures documenting the condition of the home?

Remember way back before they were even arrested? Some had made statements that CPS had removed the children...Obviously, it wasn't the case, but maybe it came up because there were some "rumblings" about the home life(?) IMO.

:tantrum: I have been worried about those animals since they were arrested. I hope they are being taken care of!! :(

Confession: During an extreme bout of depression, my house became a wreck. It was sad, and I had no energy to do anything about it. I don't think most people want to live that way, but mental illness can be a demon. I do know of people that live that way, and two are hoarders and it doesn't bother them at all. I was ashamed, and didn't want visitors. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broccoli445