SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #27***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
according to TM that staircase pix w/stuffed animals was just for that ONE party that ONE day. She said something like "we go all out for parties here"

Can someone point me in the direction to this pic and the pic of the remodeled bathroom she posted?

Keeping a house clean is a lot to contend with, when depressed, physically unable, etc...
I find myself daydreaming about a small, new apartment, somewhere...

I have been looking for a link to where I read that, but haven't been able to located it. All of the 2/21 news articles were updated after the charges were released. What I remember from following news feeds on the day was finding out TM was taken into custody and then waiting for news of SM also being arrested. The first info, as I recall, said "TM was also taken into custody at a later time and a different location". At the time I thought perhaps he was still in the hospital, I continued to think that until yesterday when we heard that all 5 were in the same bedroom. I guess it will have to just be considered a rumor.
Got the link for the different booking times:
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html

February 21, 8:50 a.m.:

Tammy Moorer booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

February 21, 11 a.m.:

Sidney Moorer booked into J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

I will agree with others that while TM/SM may have been lazy and hoarders, there is also a possibility that depression and just finally breaking were part of it.

When my ex husband left for me for his much younger co-worker, I went through a bout of depression I thought would never end. Having to find work, caer for 6 kids under the age of 14, bills, the house etc etc., the one area I let go was the house. The laundry room went first, the mounds of laundry reminded me every day of what a failure I was. Before this I had a very very clean house. I cleaned everyday. As soon as the kids clothes came off for baths, it went in the washer. When they went to bed I cleaned floors and kitchen and bathrooms. I was embarrassed and allowed no one in the house. It just was too much and when it started to pile up it, wow...it really was too much for me.

Thankfully, I was able to get back on track. It started to go downhill within the first 2 months. It was really bad by month 3/4.

Not defending them in any way, and am assuming that it could be that they normally lived like that, yet am open enough with a life experience that tells me there is another option.

Kelly

I AM SORRY YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN HAD TO GO THROUGH SUCH HORRILE CIRCUMSTANCES !!!!!!!!! That would be too much for anyone to endure and keep their sanity . You are obviously an awesome person for having come out on the other side of that ! I hope your life is as fulfilling today as you deserve it to be !!! There has got to be a special place in HEAVEN for you !!!

Don't feel bad! I toss a small cupful of water on the dry, wrinkly clothes and turn the dryer back on (medium heat) again. A few times I've had to repeat this procedure on the same pile of laundry! :blushing:

LOL ! I put a wet(clean, of course) washcloth in with my already dry clothes, to dw-wrinkle them . I sometimes even have to do it again later . And I used to be the most OCD fanatic with my entire house ! I still like "clean" but age has slowed me down with some of the obsessing- cant seem to keep up with myself as before. Think I've just worn myself out ! Actually, I think I'm getting healthier mentally. That's my story anyway and I'm sticking to it !

Maybe it's just me but I don't see it that way. :blushing:

IMHOO TM did everything TO CONNECT with Heather.
I mean seriously, I know a few wives whose husband cheated on them and the last thing the wives wanted was to even acknowledge the affair.....
much less announce it on some dis blog or fb or any other SM.
TM knew exactly what she was doing... imhoo

c b m

I think TM did plenty to deflect. I don't see her trying to connect exactly, but I understand what you're saying. I see more of TM attempting to overshadow Heather. TM thought that by killing Heather...that would be it...Heather would be gone. She could not stand the fact that Heather was gone and yet she is the focus of everyone's thoughts and prayers.TM kept posting her old pics from her 20's and talking about how young she still looks. It was very clear that Heather's youth and beauty made her crazy jealous. She was basically begging for attention and still...Heather was the focus. Both SM and TM found out instantly that out of sight,out of mind, does not apply to Heather and it never ever will. JMO

Do we know for sure that SM/TM are using public defenders? Or do they have private attorneys?

Don't feel bad! I toss a small cupful of water on the dry, wrinkly clothes and turn the dryer back on (medium heat) again. A few times I've had to repeat this procedure on the same pile of laundry! :blushing:

I keep a spray bottle of water to use on my wrinkled clothes...back in the dryer. Note to self, left go of 100% cotton.

The report also says investigators learned something "which gave cause for concern during the investigation," but what was learned was redacted from the report.
(
above quote from http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html)

This really piques my interest. Obviously, the search was a component of the investigation into Heather's disappearance/murder, that's a given. But, I wonder what they found that was a cause for concern? Relative to what? Heather? Or, were they speaking from a DCFS/Child Protective Services standpoint? ([modsnip] just wondering whether this statement is regarding the home/family, or Heather...)

Interesting.

I keep a spray bottle of water to use on my wrinkled clothes...back in the dryer. Note to self, left go of 100% cotton.

It's posts/responses like this that really makes me feel like this is a community rather than just a thread. Don't get me wrong - we are all here first and foremost because we've fallen in love with Heather and the whole of the Elvis family and we long for her to come home and justice to prevail. But, in the midst of it, we share...we open our hearts...we find understanding and healing and acceptance...and conspiring (ha!). I am glad I stopped lurking. Y'all have been good for my heart. Thank you.

Now come home, Heather.

"Police notified investigators with the S.C. Department of Social Services about possible child neglect."

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/2014/03/12/4089223/home-of-suspects-in-heather-elvis.html

Interesting, how the article was Updated......... they changed the wording from the quote you had.....

Updated 11 minutes ago

"Police notified investigators with the S.C. Department of Social Services about the conditions for the children."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...-suspects-in-heather-elvis.html#storylink=cpy

I've been out of town the last few days and a little overwhelmed trying to catch up....anything happened this week?

The report also says investigators learned something "which gave cause for concern during the investigation," but what was learned was redacted from the report.
(
above quote from http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html)

This really piques my interest. Obviously, the search was a component of the investigation into Heather's disappearance/murder, that's a given. But, I wonder what they found that was a cause for concern? Relative to what? Heather? Or, were they speaking from a DCFS/Child Protective Services standpoint? (Not sleuthing the kids, just wondering whether this statement is regarding the home/family, or Heather...)

Interesting.

I agree, it's interesting indeed, because it mentions:

"The report concluded by saying the case would be forwarded to the Department of Social Services."

So, perhaps the concern was in regards to that (the family situation....or having to do with the family)
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_66cc6880-a9eb-11e3-926a-0017a43b2370.html
IMOO.

Busy week so far, and this is the first chance I have had to post this week!

First of all, where is Heather?

Secondly, I am still praying for the Elvis family [modsnip]. For the obvious reasons already, but especially since I don't think anyone expected the condition of the home to be what it was.

Third, rotting meat and potatoes? Trash? Disarray? You've all read it, and we're all scratching our heads. How long does it take for cooked meat and potatoes to rot or mold sitting on the counter? Anyone know?

Based on some pictures I've seen of the home, it seemed to be in order in recent years. (Atalaya bucket) Obviously, if LE was in the home in December/January for the original search and had seen anything amiss, they would have reported to DSS. Something happened! I've heard a few people relay their own experiences with traumatic events. (HUGE hugs for you all for sharing!) I think that's exactly what happened at that home, too.

My inquiring mind would have loved to be a fly on the wall the day the now rotting meat and moldy potatoes were cooked. What happened specifically that day/night in the house? Something significant.

[modsnip].

Back to #1 - Where is Heather???

Busy week so far, and this is the first chance I have had to post this week!

First of all, where is Heather?

Secondly, I am still praying for the Elvis family [modsnip]. For the obvious reasons already, but especially since I don't think anyone expected the condition of the home to be what it was.

Third, rotting meat and potatoes? Trash? Disarray? You've all read it, and we're all scratching our heads. How long does it take for cooked meat and potatoes to rot or mold sitting on the counter? Anyone know?

Based on some pictures I've seen of the home, it seemed to be in order in recent years. (Atalaya bucket) Obviously, if LE was in the home in December/January for the original search and had seen anything amiss, they would have reported to DSS. Something happened! I've heard a few people relay their own experiences with traumatic events. (HUGE hugs for you all for sharing!) I think that's exactly what happened at that home, too.

My inquiring mind would have loved to be a fly on the wall the day the now rotting meat and moldy potatoes were cooked. What happened specifically that day/night in the house? Something significant.

[modsnip].

Back to #1 - Where is Heather???

Yes, back to #1, where is Heather!
And to add to your comment about the rotting meat. I don't know how long it takes to rot, but I do wonder if the heat was turned up quite high in the house considering the cold weather that Myrtle Beach had, and that is unusual weather I presume for the area, and they might not be used to it.
So leaving food out might tend to spoil quicker??
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member