SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but I think it was something along the lines of 'these items were retrieved from computers/phones during executing of the search warrant..."

One of the screencaps says "From Sidney's recovered texts". Would there be a difference between recovered and retrieved? To me, recovered makes me think it was previously deleted.

The financial records showed someone was working as a waitress/cook earning up to 15k for the years '11 and '12...so she could have been "going to work with SM" and actually working herself. This wouldn't be something she was proud of so maybe would not have mentioned in her social media correspondences. However, it would not be unusual in his type of business to have someone assist him and she looks like she could be used as a pack mule (someone physically able to haul equipment and supplies).

If what the attorney said was true and there was anyway to prove it (children's testimony or other witnesses to the behaviors) then I can see a case building for SM against TM's influence and abuse taking shape.

Um - the 'going to work with SM' was for a 6month period - RECENTLY (alluded that it started in Oct-ish/Nov)

This was not a years long thing. It was a SIX MONTH agreement between TM and SM - ACCORDING to SM (during an interview with LE)

Gosh - I feel like I've spent the morning clarifying stuff! LOL I thought I wrote pretty specifically and clearly but I guess I need to work on that!! LOL

It would take someone 10 minutes to take the battery out of my phone and you would need the correct tool.

Wonder what case Heather had for her phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine comes right out, but I have an older phone.

Can anyone who was at the bond hearing yesterday provide the answer as to whether or not TM was at the pay phone with SM?
To me it makes a big difference.

All they stated was that SM called Heather from the payphone.

[/b]

Heather is just a young girl, finding her way in life, testing the waters so to speak. i don't see anything wrong with what she did. she corrected it as well. OTH, two so called mature (only in age), individuals, know better. plus, imo, they preplanned this whole event. as far as i'm concerned, Heather went to PTL that night for good reasons: concern for an individual, that she may have cared for at one time, not for a final tryst. she was young and naive, but at the same time, cared enough to maybe think that SM was in some sort of trouble.

she will always remain the victim in my eyes, one who still is in the innocent stages of life.

i will never paint her with a brush that justifies her murder ( not that you are) because she had an affair with a married man.

there is no reason to murder someone here, when the M's could have just walk away.

You're absolutely right -- nothing will absolve the M's from their commission of murder, and Heather will always and forever be the victim in this case, along with her family.

Sorry... I just kind of giggled...

I think you are so right about SM getting a divorce now while he is "safe" from TM...

I am just curious... Is it legally allowed for murder suspects to file for divorce while the investigation/trial is ongoing?

I am really only curious...:waitasec:

Yes its a civil matter and the trial is criminal and they have nothing to do with one another.

I disagree ,the State could have evidence there was more than one vehicle traveling to/from PTL but only needed to show evidence of 1 of the Moorer's vehicles traveling to/from PTL.

Good Point. Thanks.

I am trying to limit my wild theories I tend to come up with so just trying to see if I can keep some basic facts straight. :floorlaugh:

Mine comes right out, but I have an older phone.

The iPhone has the battery baked right in, so to speak, while Android phones often have a separate removable battery. Samsung phones have removable batteries.

One of the screencaps says "From Sidney's recovered texts". Would there be a difference between recovered and retrieved? To me, recovered makes me think it was previously deleted.

I dunno? I guess I just feel like if they'd been deleted - that the Solicitor would've made note of that?

^^ this!! I strongly agree!!! Thus the claims that Heather was calling him, and he just told her to leave him alone. Didn't think they'd get caught calling from payphone FIRST and ignored cell a few times ... She was bothering him and he only answered to say leave me alone. (TM would claim) JMO

imo, not necessarily, first SM told LE that he hadn't heard from Heather in a long time, then after caught in a lie, he tries to correct it when confronted with the cell phone records from LE...does that make sense?

i mean...i don't think the phone communications back and forth may have been apart of any plan, except the last call to get Heather to PTL

Soooo....out of the blue, SM calls Heather and says he has left his wife. Calls from a pay phone. Heather calls her roomie and is upset that SM called. Why did Heather call him back? Was he threatening to harm himself? Or, was she still infatuated by him? Guess we'll never know, really....:cry:

I think we will found out later it wasn't so out of the blue. I think SM called Heather at other times from a pay phone.

I am going to say I hope the state is not banking on the tiny window of time to say the Moorers murdered HRE at PTL at 3:41am. The defense will be able to drive a truck through such a theory. To me, it isn't logical for the Moorers to have killed her and placed HRE out far enough into the river to have her carried away so quickly or to be weighted down to the bottom without the use of a boat in such a short amount of time.

If the state doesn't have more evidence coming for later in the morning to lead them back to PTL for the actual murder and disposal...I am afraid the crux of their case has real issues. I keep telling myself repeatedly this was only enough evidence needed to stop the bond and they indeed have tons more coming to back up their theory. :please:

Um - yes she can. Her attorney stated that TM believes her phone was 'spoofed' and that someone was 'pretending' to be them.

I think even her atty might not be buying that line though because he seems to be covering himself when talking about it:

""First of all some of those messages, we aren't sure those messages are real," McCollum said. "Okay, so we'll be trying to sort through that, but at the same time, being angry at somebody for having an affair with your spouse is something that I think most people experience. Whether they contact someone, view text, or email.""

link to article here - wmbf news

It sounds like her atty really wishes she had not sent those texts. :)

Tammy being a loose cannon is a gift to the prosecution.

Good Point. Thanks.

I am trying to limit my wild theories I tend to come up with so just trying to see if I can keep some basic facts straight. :floorlaugh:

I don't think you have wild theories. And I think with the M's involved, most anything is possible.

I understand your points, but I don't think there is much evidence that SM is an abused spouse, other than what he's telling us. Sure TM is controlling, I won't argue that. But TM and SM have been together along time. There has to be a reason SM stayed with her for that long. He was getting something out of their dynamic.

I don't know if it's true for men, but in general, abuse lowers self esteem. Does that fit with the psych profile of a cheating man? There is a positive correlation between high self esteem and confidence in men and infidelity. It's why powerful men, professional athletes, and celebrities cheat so often. It actually raises testosterone. They are confident they can get away with it and that their spouse will forgive them if caught.

Ultimately, TM when caught, didn't leave his primary relationship. He allegedly agreed to some extreme things in order to keep and attempt to mend that relationship. That's not unusual behavior for a husband who has been caught being unfaithful. What I find interesting is that SM also protected that primary relationship. She didn't kick SM out (I wish she would have). Instead she saw HE as the enemy and engaged in what she saw as a nasty battle to keep SM.

I just don't see their relationship as an abuser/victim one. I do believe there was abuse, emotional for sure. But it went both ways. They have some kind of sick co-dependent relationship. Lots of couples willingly choose dom/sub relationships, and it doesn't mean the sub is abused. . .they choose that. Even in the pics from the bond hearing, the mommy/child dynamic is obvious. In several of the pics SM is looking at TM as if to just get some kind of sign of approval. TM is ignoring him. I bet that is typical for their relationship.

ETA. . .MOO. . .and now I need to go catch up. You all please slow down. Between this thread and the flight 370 one, we may be having cereal for dinner. :facepalm:

You bring up excellent points. I believe the financial dynamics played a huge role in why sm didn't and/or couldn't leave. I just posted about it upthread. There is another facet that played an even bigger role, but I can not address it without venturing into time out land. Choosing my words carefully, let's just say that, knowing there is an unstable, abusive, controlling person as the head of household, and you are the passive partner and - buffer, if you will - would be another reason why sm might not have been able to leave. He may not have been able to protect proactively, other than his mere presence.

As I stated in my initial post, the stage is set for these two to turn against one another, and I am deeply saddened at the prospect of who they might call as witnesses to support their claims (of innocence or guilt).

The other point I'd like to address is that within the cycle of abuse, there is the "honeymoon phase" which occurs after the blow-up.

http://www.hruth.org/files/library/CycleofViolence.pdf

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, but what if sm was placated enough by the dynamic of whatever happened when they made up? Whatever happened when they tore each other down in the negativity was sufficiently erased during the efforts to make everything ok? Abusers often do all they can, say it will never happen again, spend lavishly, etc., during this period.

Again, I see your points, but I'm just asking you to consider mine. I'm also not discounting the fact that sm's behavior wasn't abusive in some respects. IMV, he tried to exert control whenever he could. However, by comparison, it didn't hold a candle to his wife's efforts. We've seen it over and over, and sadly, it's just the tip of the iceberg. :moo:

I agree it's very tragic. I too wish there was a chance to go in the wayback machine and save Heather (and so many others too).

From a purely emotional and sociological standpoint I also think it's going to be terribly difficult for case followers during trial if the defense displays the text and twitter messages written by Heather from 2013. Those twitter messages, for instance, show a very adult side to Heather, with adult needs and adult desires, and documents her notice of and growing interest in the married guy at work (who we now know is SM).

Thankfully those writings by H.E. won't absolve the M's from their crime or give them an 'out', [modsnip]

I suspect the real (emotional) shock for the viewing audience will come upon learning that each person in this tragedy is a human being and no human, not even the victim, fits neatly into their assigned archetype.

Good post Madeleine. BBM-I suspect the same.

I think we will found out later it wasn't so out of the blue. I think SM called Heather at other times from a pay phone.
It was "out of the blue" that particular night at that particular time and confirmed by HRE to her roommate. She had not expected to hear from him and certainly not to hear he was leaving his wife.

Yes, he probably did call her from payphones during the affair or even from business phones where he was working at times.

<Mod Snip>
:loveyou: I totally agree ... And based on what I've read elsewhere, I think what you (Hoppy) wrote is getting mixed with speculation!

imo, not necessarily, first SM told LE that he hadn't heard from Heather in a long time, then after caught in a lie, he tries to correct it when confronted with the cell phone records from LE...does that make sense?

i mean...i don't think the phone communications back and forth may have been apart of any plan, except the last call to get Heather to PTL

Maybe SM really did tell the truth - that HE didn't talk to Heather via his cell that night and then retracted, when finding out from TM that SHE had and he covered for her? I'm not saying he didn't speak to Heather that night (pay phone), but since TM allegedly held his phone, maybe Heather actually talked (or listened to) Tammy via SM cell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89