SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to Hoppy, we can see with great detail:
The clothing, the protective vest, the demeanor and seeming lack of interaction between both M's.

We also see that the M family was not sheilded to the graphic details of the texts messages.

IMO, SM has changed immensely since the day of his marathon pictures.
His hair is cut like a little boy, his goatee is gone, his sideburns are gone, he has continued to lose weight, his face & mouth are drawn downward and he looks either exhausted or medicated. (See Hoppy's pics from the defense table.)

I noticed in a few pictures that TM seems to have gotten her smug attitude back. In many pictures she seems quite at home, attentive and at ease. Maybe she thinks she 's finally got a starring role in a mini series.

IMO, TM was moved because SM was being threatened.

In reference to them fleeing...we saw the pictures of the yard and the camper..from the day of the arrests and there were items bungee corded to the back of the rack on the camper.

We learned that they had a safe.

There were two different pictures of TM pointing the gun at the camera while held SM in a possessive clutch.

That looks like a big gun.

We are hearing that SM agreed to being handcuffed to the bed at night...for a period of six months.

That begs the question, was SM handcuffed to the bed when LE came through the doors? Re: the three guns that were out in the open...were they on TM's side of the bed.

When I first saw pictures of the initial search at PTL, I commented on what appeared to be tire marks on the pavement toward the middle of the roadway and next to where the emergency vehicles were parked. Perhaps, the M's lured Heather there, she saw the truck pulling in, got out to get in the truck, was soon overcome by an unexpected ambush and then the driver sped away taking Heather, from PTL.

Re: the text from Sidney to TM's sister, we know that TM had many online persona's. Whose to say that she wasn't posing as SM to see what her sister would say about her.

Whew, what a day! Had to wait until most of you went to bed before finishing the timeline update because every time I looked away from the thread for a minute, y'all raced three pages ahead of me, lol.

Will have to get with Hoppy to clarify some things about the communications on land purchase negotiations before adding those, but I think everything else is in there. Any additions and/or corrections are always welcome.

Am worn to a nub, so goodnight all!

:eek:fftobed:

Okgrannie posted a big green arial map (which is awesome) in the previous thread. It had mile markers indicated by dots ect. It also told of nearby businesses at the markers in question.

I forgot. Thanks Catlady2

Whew, what a day! Had to wait until most of you went to bed before finishing the timeline update because every time I looked away from the thread for a minute, y'all raced three pages ahead of me, lol.

Will have to get with Hoppy to clarify some things about the communications on land purchase negotiations before adding those, but I think everything else is in there. Any additions and/or corrections are always welcome.

Am worn to a nub, so goodnight all!

:eek:fftobed:
OkieGranny, thank you, good night.

It is Excellent!

We did have the date saying awhile back that Heather did not use her phone during his date. That he knows about at least.

The quickness of the PTL stop by the Ms vehicle is pretty shocking. But Im still leaning towards murder and dump in river. When in a panic things can happen very rapidly and I can see where it could easily be done in 3 minutes.

Pull up, see her, shoot her, run her over, or hit her with steel pipe, and then trhow her in river and take off. Yeah, I can see it happening very quickly.
So I am not going to get on the grab her bandwagon. I just dont see either one of the Ms wanting to take her with them. JMO of course.

I'm wondering if SM could only leave a message when he called from that payphone...that heather was still on the date and didn't pick up the call...only heard the message, called her roommate and then tried calling the unknown and unanswered number back.

In one of TM's deleted FB posts, she even quotes the number of times that Heather called SM's phone and that he only answered the 3:17 AM call. But now we know that that call lasted 4+ minutes and then Heather left and GPS shows she went straight to PTL.

I assumed DNA was solid physical evidence. Maybe it depends on particular DNA ? Idk

If they found her blood or brain matter in the truck's tool box vs finding a strand of her hair in the front seat....I think that's the difference for juries in these types of cases.

Circumstantial cases are won all the time and I would think are more common than direct evidence cases, given how murderers commit crimes in secret and how they cover them up. Or try to. But, there are the Anthony and Simpson cases too.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the DNA evidence is all about and what else LE has. Obviously, there are gaps in our understanding since we only heard select information today.

If they found her blood or brain matter in the truck's tool box vs finding a strand of her hair in the front seat....I think that's the difference for juries in these types of cases.

Circumstantial cases are won all the time and I would think are more common than direct evidence cases, given how murderers commit crimes in secret and how they cover them up. Or try to. But, there are the Anthony and Simpson cases too.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the DNA evidence is all about and what else LE has. Obviously, there are gaps in our understanding since we only heard select information today.
I've followed cases through the years in which perps were found guilty when circumstantial evidence was presented. In this case I feel LE has substantial evidence or they wouldn't have made arrests for murder.

:seeya:

There were gunshots reported. If you read the cached version of the blotter there were gunshots reported, a foot chase with police, and suspect in custody. Somehow that became just a "suspicious vehicle" in the blotter later on. Weird.
It sure would be nice to get the details on that case and that suspect/arrestee. I still believe that Heather may have been taken there. We know that TM was stalking her. So, it's possible that she followed her around on that night. Atalya was near the place where the date/dinner took place, correct. Perhaps the intent was always to pin the blame on the date. And, if that didn't work SM would be the next logical suspect...in her mind, anyway.

It's possible that the withdrawal was to pay someone to shoot and dispose of Heather at that location.

I'm wondering where in the world they were getting money?!?!?! HOW did they have $10,000 CASH in a safe in their home?!?! Neither was working at the time of their arrests. I surely don't have that much laying around....not even in the bank. :( It doesn't add up with their livestyle!! From the reports of their income for tax purposes, looks like maybe filed early for taxes?? Got a nice check from that?? I guess if they are using that $ figure to report taxes, it would qualify them for food stamps, and maybe some other help?? Though you can't have $10K CASH and qualify for foodstamps...so that's fraud right there!! I can't wrap my mind around this. They had been to Disney, the trip out to CA, just where was the income?!?! I realize homeschooling they wouldn't have needed to buy the clothes, or a school uniform. His job he could have worn similar clothing frequently. She didn't appear to have a public job, so maybe wasn't buying lots of clothing. Maybe they didn't have to make a housepayment or pay taxes or insurance on their home?? I don't know if the truck was paid for. They hadn't had it that long, and the camper either.

Many people their home, and groceries, and electricity bill seem to be the biggest payments each month. If you own a newer car, that can be expensive as well. Just seems you need a steady or at least reliable income to make ends meet. Either TM WAS receiving some payments for disability, SM was making darn more than I would think he was making, or they truly didn't have the bills most people do.

Of course... JMO!

Was it ever reported that Heather filed a police report after receiving the disturbing texts from TM? I would have been rattled to have read those and had i been in her shoes i can see myself filing a report. The texts are so menacing, cruel and hint at impending violence. .I wonder if her move was prompted by fear of TM finding out where she lived. Perhaps she didn't want SM knowing her new address either.

Also, nice observation on SM possibly being medicated. He is holding his jaw in such a way that it looks like he is grinding his teeth.

Two thoughts running through my very tired mind...
One is that perhaps when LE entered the M bedroom to arrest them, SM was cuffed. And that may have been what they "learned" that day.

Second, um...so the others in the home saw him cuffed to the bed?

Evil. Evil. Evil. :banghead:

SM wouldn't necessarily need to be cuffed anymore since the perceived threat was apparently removed.

I've tossed around a couple theories. One theory with SM lying, crying begging for HE to meet him that early morning because TM was going to harm HIM. JUST not sure HE would of bought that.
Second theory ....Heather ended an affair BUT COULD possibly go back to her lover if he said the things she needed to hear. Yes, SM could of been very compelling on the phone, saying sweet nothings to HE.

since TE was quoted in the 1st xojane post that the license was on the seat,I bet she was just planning on running out there to meet-maybe that's why she might have jumped in the truck. I doubt she'd figured on needing a purse & license taken in case LE pulled her over.
maybe SM really did call from a pay phone after telling TM he was leaving & she found him-that's why the 2 hr lapse..maybe they then had some makeup nookie B4 she took him home & cuffed him??
Then TM went out and did the deed???

I wonder if after SM's phone was confiscated by the jealous TM, if that particular pay phone became a point of contact between SM and HE. HE may have had her cell turned off during her date...but as soon as she gets home and turns it on...there is the call from SM.

I do believe SM wanted out ...the "home environment" that Tammy created sounds filthy, chaotic, uber-controlling...and putting aside the physical unattractiveness of TM...living with a raging drunk is hellish. But I think SM wanted an "easy out." Someone else to take him on...and he needed a place of refuge. He wasn't man enough to just leave on his own and rescue his kids.

IMO TM is a raging alcoholic, obviously sloppy about her home and her appearance, and could be equally sloppy about her "rules" for controlling her husband. I think she was drinking and raging all day...making him drive around and have sex with her in places where he had been with HE. She may have passed out allowing SM to sneak out and get to the phone booth to try and contact HE. I think maybe he asked to be picked up in that first call.

I think that HE refused to pick him up at that point. She wants to move on. Later she has second thoughts and tries to reach him at the pay phone. If he is truly out of the house, she might have thought he would still be near the pay phone.

Finally, in desperation, HE tries his cell. She may have felt guilty about not helping him....and that drove her to take on chance on calling the cell when their designated pay phone did not answer. She might really have been afraid for his safety after the threats in that text we saw. I think she was trying to help.

But SM, after being turned down by HE, has gone back home...and TM is now awake from her drunken stupor. Together they see the first two calls on SM's phone and then TM fells him to answer it and tell HE to pick him up at the boat landing. TM is going to confront HE once and for all! Sidney goes along ...He may have felt that HE is no longer an option for him if she turned him down earlier...and now he knows which "side his bread is buttered on." SM is going to placate his alcoholic wife at this point.

HE goes there to pick him up...out of kindness and old feelings...and is instead confronted by a raging jealous obsessive drunk.

I imagine TM threatened him with huge child support if he left..He would never see the light of day financially...

What if she told him she would physically harm other members of the family????? I think possibly as i think she has no concern for anyone but herself.

I imagine TM threatened SM with huge child support if he left..He would never see the light of day financially...I still do wonder who actually killed HE ....TM seems the most likely ...then again...by making SM do the killing...In TM's mind, it would prove his love to her plus eliminate the prettier & younger competition....Poor HE was pretty much just a child & in her mind 'in love'...

What if she told him she would physically harm other members of the family????? I think possibly as i think she has no concern for anyone but herself.

SM should have thought before having 3 kids with TM...but cheating shouldn't have happened until he left...."to me" Heather was just a naïve young lady...sort of finding herself...no telling what SM told her .....I wonder if there is more horrible secrets between SM & TM ......

maybe someone else killed her & they drove down to PTL for proof???

that was my thought yesterday when I learned the timeline from the security videos....within minutes, that truck is going and coming back from PTL.

Also, TE always states that 'anyone' with info please call the hotline....I'm wondering if he has an idea that 'someone' else or others know something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487