SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #29***ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK Hatfield...thanks for that because I missed it. But even so, wouldn't they have to declare that settlement money as income? We saw about 3-4 years of income amounts and they weren't that impressive. How they managed to live on that, especially with a family, I am not sure.

I agree and that is why I think LE claimed there were "Financial discrepencies" when they arrested them. I am not sure if any charges have been filed related to the financial discrepancies but LE sure did mention that.

IMO I think they lied on tax returns or did quite a bit of other financial discrepancy type actions.

The money thing makes no sense. Someone making $15,000 a year would not have $5,000 to withdraw.
Also, someone making such unpredictable income would not be able to qualify for a loan.

(Would someone be willing to link or share where this info was given out? TIA)

The reported income of around $15,000 came from a screen shot used in court...it was for years 2011 and 2012....

the loan amount came from the same screen shot...I believe they reported $48,000 in income for that loan....

so, I would love to know what they were taken in any state or fed help, and where they got $5,000 to withdraw along with $10,000 in a safe...

Just curious.

Guys, we raised 4 kids on one income and watched every penny. And we made more than the Moorers did in a good year. If they lived on TM's parent's money then he must have been loaded to keep these guys up. You simply do not live in large homes, drive new big vehicles, have families that take Disney cruises and country-wide vacations, without having a good cash flow. Something doesn't add up.

yep...they were Under-reporting their income on their tax returns...

wonder how many years back?

I would think it would be very easy for LE to verify a payphones placement by contacting the phone company with the number listed on Heathers records and they give them the location of said phone number

I have no doubt LE knows which pay phone was used, I was asking if that info was released during the bond hearing.

The reported income of around $15,000 came from a screen shot used in court...it was for years 2011 and 2012....

the loan amount came from the same screen shot...I believe they reported $48,000 in income for that loan....

so, I would love to know what they were taken in any state or fed help, and where they got $5,000 to withdraw along with $10,000 in a safe...

Just curious.

OK, Thanks rpg.....I saw the screen shot about income but somehow missed that the $48,000 was a loan. I need to go back and read that info more closely. There was so much that came out yesterday. I was a bit taken back by how much the DA let out. I think there is much more where all this came from.

exactly...how do you get one of those accounts with a high withdraw limit?
Does the account have to have a TON of money in it?

Just wondering.

Just catching up and a little late on my reply to your comment.

Before a recent trip to Las Vegas, DH went to the bank and talked to his personal banker. Since we have a good amount of savings there at the moment, the bank changed his account to allow more than one $1000 withdrawal in a week. That way, he didn't need to carry too much cash with him.

The first withdrawal went ok. A few days later, the second one was denied and the account frozen. It took 20 minutes on the phone to get the bank to allow the second $1000 transaction. Mind you, he had already made the arrangements with the bank!

Under no circumstances would our bank allow a $5000 withdrawal all at once.

The only way to get $5000 would be to take a cash advance on a credit card.

This whole issue sure sets off my hinky meter. Either way, I'd like to see the bank photos!

It would take someone 10 minutes to take the battery out of my phone and you would need the correct tool.

Wonder what case Heather had for her phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a co-worker time me...I have a Galaxy s4 in a knock-off otterbox case...

took me 43 seconds to get the case (plastic outside, rubber shield inside), the back of the phone off and the battery out...

hmmmmmm

<Mod Snip>
Also discussions about TM's injured foot from many years ago could have also been some lawsuit for that. Talk about TM being "sue happy" and a little proof of that with her posts where she was about to sue everybody as the pressure built during this case.

i agree...i think we pretty much have TM figured out...it's SM that remains the mystery here- JMO

I don't have either of them figured out! I will never be able to figure out how someone can take the life of another human being. To be able to do and say the things she has said to heather prior to the 18th, is not a sane person. So, I have not and will never figure her out. Nor do I care to.

The children (including the Mooerer's children) are not discussable.

:tyou:

I wonder how much of that information they were expecting to be released? I'd think they would be extremely embarrassed about some of the details. I really can't imagine how anyone could support them. Even family, at this point.

Just had a co-worker time me...I have a Galaxy s4 in a knock-off otterbox case...

took me 43 seconds to get the case (plastic outside, rubber shield inside), the back of the phone off and the battery out...

hmmmmmm

I have the real otter box and it takes me forever to get it off. I could try and time myself. I am embarrassed to ask....where is the battery in an iPhone 5? I don't even know.

I agree and that is why I think LE claimed there were "Financial discrepencies" when they arrested them. I am not sure if any charges have been filed related to the financial discrepancies but LE sure did mention that.

IMO I think they lied on tax returns or did quite a bit of other financial discrepancy type actions.

Maybe one of the loans was a small business loan for TM's travel agency. She might have had a cosigner. Also maybe a loan for SM's business and truck, possibly also cosigned.

I have the real otter box and it takes me forever to get it off. I could try and time myself. I am embarrassed to ask....where is the battery in an iPhone 5? I don't even know.

I think it's built into the phone. Don't know that you can take it out. Would probably need to smash the phone or submerge it in water to disable it. An iPhone 5.

Just catching up and a little late on my reply to your comment.

Before a recent trip to Las Vegas, DH went to the bank and talked to his personal banker. Since we have a good amount of savings there at the moment, the bank changed his account to allow more than one $1000 withdrawal in a week. That way, he didn't need to carry too much cash with him.

The first withdrawal went ok. A few days later, the second one was denied and the account frozen. It took 20 minutes on the phone to get the bank to allow the second $1000 transaction. Mind you, he had already made the arrangements with the bank!

Under no circumstances would our bank allow a $5000 withdrawal all at once.

The only way to get $5000 would be to take a cash advance on a credit card.

This whole issue sure sets off my hinky meter. Either way, I'd like to see the bank photos!

me too !!!

Lol I agree!!! Removing my otter box is a chore ... Takes me forever! :blushing: Lol I have atrix, and my battery isn't removable ... Guess you'd just stomp mine to stop the "ping" ...

I thought it was stated it was through the ATM. I could be mistaken though.

What was said was that they "Withdrew" $5000..... (they didn't say how - which I believe is why TM's attorney made the statement 'prove it'.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV