SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Critiquing investigations is a good thing imo, nosysw. I just returned from my annual trip to Blood Mtn/Blairsville, GA, where Meredith Hope Emerson, was abducted, held 4 days in captivity, and then murdered by a stranger sexual predator 01/01/2008. Many folks, including other LE, & me, saw them hiding in the woods, and riding around without a care in the world 60 miles from Blood Mtn. Yet due to the misinformation & silence by investigators via ms media. Folks thought they were only campers.

Today, due to the criticism of the handling of the case, The GBI has become very proactive and professional in missing/murdered persons investigations in GA. 'There must be darkness present for the sun to shine through'...

http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/the-mystery-on-blood-mountain-part-1/17yzig6d4

The Mystery on Blood Mountain, Part 1
Hiker Meredith Emerson goes missing on Georgia's Blood Mountain on New Year's Day 2008. Law enforcement officers become concerned after finding a police baton with some her possessions on a trail.
Dateline NBC's Dennis Murphy reports.

I agree that questioning how things are done can be a worthy pursuit. The intent of my post was to say that I can't believe LE would be that naive to allow the car to be driven away without concrete reasoning that it was not involved in the actual commission of a crime. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time), but I hope I'm not. Although I may not agree with how investigations are run, I do take issue with people making LE out to be completely careless and foolish. As a frequent visitor to MB, I think LE there has a big job on their hands. I'm not saying they're perfect, but I would hate to think they are completely incompetent as many are implying.

I still see the comment regarding the rumor. Never saw the "forgiven" comment. It's so easy to make a fake profile on fb though, even to using someone else's name. Makes one wonder....

I am bringing this over from the "Recent Posts by Others" from the http://facebook.com/FindHeatherElvis page:

Bill Barrett
NEEDED; we need someone to help laying out the Spanish version of the flyer if anyone is available tomorrow please respond here.
Like · · 3 minutes ago near Myrtle Beach, SC

ETA: Follow up post from:
Bill Barrett:
They have been soooo busy they'll pick it up as they check all the posts. We have the translation just need someone to lay it out in the correct fashion. )))

If any locals are able to assist in any way, please reply to the thread ASAP. Although this was not posted directly by the Admin, Bill Barrett is very active on the page, and IMHO, this request is extremely important to the cause.

Mods, if I am incorrect in my assumption here, please edit/delete this post and accept my apologies in advance!

I took a look but can't find the comment you're referencing.

Please check your private messages, I sent you a copy of it, but you need to clear the messages in order to get more.

Even stranger is that he blocked me!! I commented on his post a couple of hours ago when he was telling them to put a poster at BCBS. And I said, why don't you print it and give it to your wife to hang up at her work. And he replied that he "can't print" well that crazy blocked me! How weird

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Follow the social media; analyse the interaction between HE and her girlfriends that night. Has the girlfriend she spoke to on the phone been interviewed and reported in the media yet?

Would a fake cop take the time to lock the doors or roll up a window

jkloc, as you are aware many sexual predators/serial killers of today study others prior. Although a violent physical assault is eventual, many predators will use a ruse/con, to initially lure their unsuspecting victims. A fake cop wouldn't lock the doors or roll up the windows. He would ask the victim too, before luring them to his car..

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/bundy106.htm

'A more fortunate T. Bundy victim'..

On November 7, 1974, Carol DeRonch, 18, was in a Utah Shopping Mall when she was approached by T. Bundy, who told her that someone had been trying to break into her automobile. She thought that he was a police officer and Bundy later showed her a badge.

Bundy asked her to accompany him to the car to see if anything was missing. Upon reaching the car the girl looked in and determined nothing was missing. He eventually asked her if she could go to the station to make a complaint.

Bundy drove her in his Volkswagon, and pulled over on the way and forcibly placed a pair of handcuffs on her wrist. She screamed and fought her way outside the vehicle and eventually got away..

I agree that questioning how things are done can be a worthy pursuit. The intent of my post was to say that I can't believe LE would be that naive to allow the car to be driven away without concrete reasoning that it was not involved in the actual commission of a crime. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first or last time), but I hope I'm not. Although I may not agree with how investigations are run, I do take issue with people making LE out to be completely careless and foolish. As a frequent visitor to MB, I think LE there has a big job on their hands. I'm not saying they're perfect, but I would hate to think they are completely incompetent as many are implying.

nosysw, I honor and respect your opinion and please don't think I am picking on you..
HCPD has a minimum of 8 missing/murdered female unsolved cases from their jurisdiction in the last 8 years. nosysw, it is doubtful that all of these missing females cases are related, but probable that some are, imo..
This is an extremely high number of unsolved missing/murdered persons investigations, imo. How many more Horry County, SC women have to vanish before all available investigative resources are going to be utilized?

Bringing this forward from Thread 1:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass"

"What we do know is that Amber was last seen paying her cable bill around one in the afternoon at this Time Warner office on Main Street, less than a mile from where her body was found.

Also, from this article:

Shortly before that, she stopped at a Murphy gas station to fill up. Horry County Police agreed to release never-before-seen surveillance footage of Amber in hopes it might stir up a few more leads."

Here is a map of all points as relating to both Heather's and Amber's cases:

http://goo.gl/maps/xGWTb

I wanted to chime in a few days ago but had to go through the approval part. I have several years experience in Active LE. I also use to live at MB for several years awhile back.

I followed Brittanee's case on WS last year and it is heart breaking. And then when HE went missing this really bothered me.

So it is my time to add some perspective from someone in LE. And being new to the rules of WS I am going to try and do this correct.

I am not part of and am no way associated with HCPD. But I can tell you they are a top notch agency. Tons of people have posted general ideas and suggestions that I can guarantee HCPD investigated within the first hours of the case. And a few others of you have come up with some interesting ideas and possible motives or clues. And then you have the criminal justice people with no field experience that offer their suggestions based upon the book they studied. :love you:

When I first started following the case, my information was only from the FB page that HE family provided. And what information the media provided. Me following the case is mainly for my own person use and nothing official I will not get involved nor attempt to get any information from any of the LE officials working on the case.

Not to mention LE people have families too and we have hearts that get hurt and burden by stuff we see happening everyday.

So with all of that said and done with here are some troubling things I have seen.

Last night I spent an hour or two reading every twitter post on HE account which is public. I do not have any access to her private FB postings as others have got to view.

What I can tell you is I believe the answer to this case is in her twitter or FB account.

HE left nothing behind on her twitter posts. She voiced her opinion very boldly. Not that this should take the innocence away from her that the findheatherelvis page shows.

Before reading the WB postings from others and mainly reading the FB missing page and media reports it appeared to be something bad. And of course criminal.

And as it still most likely is a criminal act I now wonder if she possibly choose to leave ? or finally had enough ? Who knows. Based upon her twitter post, if something criminal happened to HE I guarantee you she put up one hell of a fight.

And if you look closer this began around January of 2013.

Several have expressed anger of why LE isn't releasing any information about the case. Trust me when I say they have so so so much more information that cannot be made public for several reasons in which I will not go any further with.

And trust me when I say when I have investigated my prior cases I always goes to social media and google. These web forums are awesome and you can find tons of information on these sites to assist in an investigation and yes personally I have gone to WS in the past while working on cases. So rest assure everything y'll discuss in here we look at and thank you very much.

Welcome to the websleuths family, CC880. As an experienced LE/Public Safety officer. What is your opinion of the Horry County Police Departments' media management strategy being utilized in the Heather Elvis missing person investigation? Do you feel that it is proactive? Do you feel that sharing information with the public is a detriment to a missing person investigation?

:Welcome1:

Another comment that he made about you're forgiven bla bla... He commented on his own post and said call me snd put his phone number... This post has since been deleted. Weirdo!

Well, it seems FHE is asking people with legit tips/info/clues to PM and delete public posts incase someone is watching the page so maybe that happened?

nosysw, I honor and respect your opinion and please don't think I am picking on you..
HCPD has a minimum of 8 missing/murdered female unsolved cases from their jurisdiction in the last 8 years. nosysw, it is doubtful that all of these missing females cases are related, but probable that some are, imo..
This is an extremely high number of unsolved missing/murdered persons investigations, imo. How many more Horry County, SC women have to vanish before all available investigative resources are going to be utilized?

With the amount of revenue Horry County provides the state of SC it seems as though we could get more help in our area, not only to solve the existing cases but prevent some of them from happening in the first place.

<respectfully snipped for clarity>

I will say this, I've read all the posts about Heather and the one that 'stuck in my mind' was (and I'm not quoting exactly) "I hope we're not getting tunnel vision". And, to that I say, Bravo! GREAT thinking.

Thank you for your post, LadyHawkke.

I believe you may be referencing my post here:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10074930&postcount=513

"Again, just wondering if there might have possibly been a jealous ex involved. Obvious, and I know LE is looking into this, etc., but just want to make sure we don't get tunnel vision here re: a random predator (which is equally as likely, imo)."

We are not allowed to discuss a particular person/poster on facebook. They have not been named in main stream media, are not named suspects or person's of interest so this is not allowed.

Rumor is not allowed and anything on facebook is considered rumor.

We are not allowed to talk about what Admin is doing on Heather's facebook page, if posts are removed etc. It has nothing to do with the case here.

Thank you

Ima

BRINGING THIS FORWARD FROM THREAD 1:

Originally Posted by myrtlebeachlove View Post
Maybe no relation but check out the amber berbiglia story another recent murder in north myrtle. These have hit far to close to home with me but it should be considered as rated as well.

That would be a subject for another thread however. This is to find Heather with there here and now information

<QUOTING MYSELF FOR REFERENCE>
Quote:
Originally Posted by margarita25 View Post

Links to Amber's story:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/23936754/exclusive-new-details-in-amber-berbiglias-murder

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/227178...mber-berbiglia

http://www.wbtw.com/story/22172791/f...man-found-dead

http://justiceforamber.org/

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass. Her car was running. Her phone was chirping with email and missed call alerts just a few inches from her fingertips.

"She had been injured severely and was deceased when we arrived. She was near her vehicle and there were no witnesses on scene," says Horry County Police detective Jonathan Martin.

"She was hit with something in the head twice where she had a fractured skull twice," adds Michelle Robinson."

WTH? OMG? How is this the first time Amber's name is coming up here?! How did I miss this case in my initial searches?! Any updates in this case? Do we have a thread for her? Any suspects? Holy moly, this is potentially HUUUUUGGGGGEEE...poor Amber!! Where is this on a map and in relation to Heather's case?

Thank you Myrtlebeachlove for bringing this case to our attention!!!

Bringing this forward from Thread 1:

"Sometime during the afternoon of May 3, Amber's body was found along Old Sanders Road under the Robert Edge Parkway overpass"

"What we do know is that Amber was last seen paying her cable bill around one in the afternoon at this Time Warner office on Main Street, less than a mile from where her body was found.

Also, from this article:

Shortly before that, she stopped at a Murphy gas station to fill up. Horry County Police agreed to release never-before-seen surveillance footage of Amber in hopes it might stir up a few more leads."

Here is a map of all points as relating to both Heather's and Amber's cases:

http://goo.gl/maps/xGWTb

Are there any possible connections between Amber and Heather? Where did Amber work, etc etc etc.

Does South Carolina have a SBI or Myrtle Beach have a city/county bureau of investigation? (CCBI) If so, are they involved at all?

Welcome to the websleuths family, CC880. As an experienced LE/Public Safety officer. What is your opinion of the Horry County Police Departments' media management strategy being utilized in the Heather Elvis missing person investigation? Do you feel that it is proactive? Do you feel that sharing information with the public is a detriment to a missing person investigation?

:Welcome1:

I think one of the problems that you have with HE, it's not a cold case where there is no leads or investigative information.

Just from her social media accounts viewable to the public and the amount of friends she is associated with they have more than tons of information to investigate. Again this is just my opinion.

Another strong impact on this case is the involvement of the family. They immediately stepped into action with unbelievable resources with the printing company and the support from the community and now with social media I want to say they have over 20,000 likes on her page.

Now as far as a LE Agency releasing information on a case it all depends on how much information they have gathered and if there are any potential suspects that they are very close to getting warrants on. Releasing that kind of information prematurely to the media into the public can completely destroy the case and there's nothing worse for a family to go through the pain of losing a loved one let alone case they can't be prosecuted.

What's even more astonishing because of this incident another family will get to lay their loved one to rest because of the search efforts of the search groups that were brought together because of social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayraeyn123