SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry for the mistake about downloading the app but the point remains that the owner of the iPhone must physically choose to set the "find my iPhone" app to be on.

and if the owner of the iphone and the iphone itself is missing - another person must know the owner of the iphone's appleid and also their appleid password in order to log into the owner's account to make use of the app. and then of course the iPhone in question must have battery life.

I hear you now. That makes sense. But I'm mostly referring to Heather having Location Services turned on. If LC is turned on, then the cell company can remotely turn on GPS tracking. I don't know if all cell carriers have that. The picture of her holding her phone doesn't look like an Apple device so the point we were hashing about Fnd My iPhone is moot. Is it possible she was on her parent's cellular plan?

I'm curious as to where her cell last pinged and if the path taken was uncovered before it went silent. The way she posted until 2:09:48AM on Tumblr, paired with her phone call with her roommate, then the cell subsequently goes silent right after suggests the phone was dismantled or destroyed somehow. I tend to think the battery & sim were taken out and the phone disposed of. I wonder if police obtained the tower pings yet and traced her path that night up until and as well as after she disappeared.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24345097/volunteer-opportunity-to-search-for-missing-girls

Searching the river and the woods for HE alive is futile IMOO. Since LE and CUE are focussing so much time and effort in these areas, it leads me to believe that they know something or have a solid clue that is telling them HE is not alive. It just sounds more like a "recovery operation" than anything else, which is sad and I hate to say it. It's just the impression I get.

If I were looking for HE, I would have performed a door-to-door search within a 5 mile radius from PTL on 12/19. I would have had checkpoints set-up on every road leading out of PTL. Sure, I would have searched the river and areas around her condo for clues but, wouldn't have spent so much time there at the very beginning of the investigation.

We all hope (and think) that HE is still alive. So, why not act and think as if she is still out there? If in fact she is, then, she would be most likely be hidden away from plain sight indoors. For all we know, she could be in one of the other units at her apartment complex! Or, far away by now. Expand the search to Conway.

Don't get me wrong, I honestly hope they find clues today or this weekend. Much more so than a body.

I would have signed up immediately to help with the search if I honestly thought it would help but, sad to say, I really don't. :/

I still very much wonder if somebody was hiding in her home.

Have the le processed her apartment? If not, could they maybe have data that shows them Heather wasn't home when her cell died?

Can someone clean up what it says on the back of her phone. It looks like it could say t mobile

I'm trying with my apps on my phone since I'm not at home but I'm also wondering if this isn't a case & that's the brand name? Casemate does that to theirs. I'll try & see what I get. At the least a tower location would be nice!

Have the le processed her apartment? If not, could they maybe have data that shows them Heather wasn't home when her cell died?

All options are possible, at that hour-someone could have been at her home, came our after her call & left her home with her in her car & possibly go unnoticed by neighbors. I can't say that I necessarily think that's what happened but anything is an option with the little info we have at this point.

I do believe though that something has led them to believe a trace of her is in the area they're searching or they wouldn't be there. Even if it's evidence of where to look next. I wonder if her roommate has returned from her parents? She may be able to give insight as to if things were not as they usually are. Not meaning things like misplaced clothes but the way the two normally had things overall. Just a thought.

All options are possible, at that hour-someone could have been at her home, came our after her call & left her home with her in her car & possibly go unnoticed by neighbors. I can't say that I necessarily think that's what happened but anything is an option with the little info we have at this point.

I do believe though that something has led them to believe a trace of her is in the area they're searching or they wouldn't be there. Even if it's evidence of where to look next. I wonder if her roommate has returned from her parents? She may be able to give insight as to if things were not as they usually are. Not meaning things like misplaced clothes but the way the two normally had things overall. Just a thought.

Where are they searching today? PTL area? Have they been concentrating the search effort over there?

I think her roommate was home a few days after HE disappeared;
"Ugh just landed and I already need out of this house"
via roommates twitter posted DEC 22.
that also implies that she was cleared to go back to her apartment by LE. I assume that LE had good reason not to consider the apartment a "crime scene" and block it off. Thats another reason why I have been thinking all along that the perp was never at her home that night and that she left to PTL on her own.

There's no way to know all the areas being searched unless you're there. The meeting site(most likely command post) is noted on the HE FB page but where people are assigned from there who knows. But these things are all very well though out ahead of time.

This is from Myrtle Beach Online. I don't know how to provide the link because I'm viewing it through tapatalk. I think when I pasted a link appears?? Who knows hopefully this works.

News
>
Local News
>
Crime
Weekend searches planned for missing women in Myrtle Beach area
BY TONYA ROOT
troot@thesunnews.comJanuary 2, 2014 Updated 6 hours ago

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...arches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

<snipped>

"Elvis was last seen about 2:30 a.m. Dec. 17, according to police. In a report filed late Dec. 19, a police officer on patrol saw the 20-year-old’s vehicle parked at Peachtree boat landing and called her father, who is the owner, to inquire why it was parked there.

Her father said he last heard from Elvis about 10:43 p.m. Dec. 17 when she sent him a text message. There is a $20,000 reward for information about her whereabouts."

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/20...arches-planned-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

The new info I hadn't known is:
-they say last seen 2:30am although they have the wrong date.
-they say a police noticed HE abandon car
-they say HE texted dad at 10:43 the 17th

Who knows how accurate any of this is. But it was reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone should email the lady who wrote that up (link on the page) and pinpoint what in that article is a mistake and what is fact.

The news websites constantly update their original stories so, something that was reported on one day can and will change up another day.

Makes it very difficult to look back into something we've read before and verify! :banghead:

Where are they searching today? PTL area? Have they been concentrating the search effort over there?

I think her roommate was home a few days after HE disappeared;
"Ugh just landed and I already need out of this house"
via roommates twitter posted DEC 22.
that also implies that she was cleared to go back to her apartment by LE. I assume that LE had good reason not to consider the apartment a "crime scene" and block it off. Thats another reason why I have been thinking all along that the perp was never at her home that night and that she left to PTL on her own.

That tweet was her landing to go to her parents in jersey. I had read her mom leave a message on the FHE page that she was about to pick her up from the airport

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow what a ton of reading last night. So after another couple of hours reading HE SM accounts and everything else in between I have come up with 4 possible scenarios.

1. The suspicious subject seen around the TK around on New Years Eve possibly befriended HE and that happened to be her date the night she went missing.

2. It appeared there was tension or issues between her roommate and her a few days after she posted she was in a relationship. Whether or not these were individual issues that were unrelated to each other or combined possibly HE got too attached or Visa Versa and the unknown alleged or possible relationship was broken off. The roommate goes out of town for the Holidays. HE is distraught and upset over the entire situation. There was "No Date" but possibly a phone call at 3am because she may have been drinking or (drug) and an argument occurred over the phone. I really don't think suicide. BUT I think there is a possibility she may have ran away and is still alive to "get back" at her roommate.

3. HE went missing before the roommate went out of town and knows something or somewhere. Not to mention being extremely quiet about the incident.

4. Some other complete unknown subject is responsible for her disappearance.

All in all my information was obtained through google and all of HE public information that can be found from all of her SM sites and other information found on Google.

I pray that the outcome is # 2 and she will be located alive and well soon.

Nobody has mentioned but it could also be someone associated with the roommate that did something to HE.

Nobody has mentioned but it could also be someone associated with the roommate that did something to HE.

This is my meaning to number 3. I tried publicly searching everyone the roommate knows but every person I found all had several posts of wondering where HE is and wishing she would come home.

Only her roommate shows distress in the time frame of everything and very little HE missing concerns if that makes sense.

Even one of the roommates friend who is seen on the last few photos on HE FB with all three posing together has tons more HE flyers on her FB.

This is my meaning to number 3. I tried publicly searching everyone the roommate knows but every person I found all had several posts of wondering where HE is and wishing she would come home.

Only her roommate shows distress in the time frame of everything and very little HE missing concerns if that makes sense.

Even one of the roommates friend who is seen on the last few photos on HE FB with all three posing together has tons more HE flyers on her FB.

I was thinking about this last night. What if HE'S phone died and she went to buy a phone charger from some area store. Then whatever happened to her happened there.

Cc880, wondering if you will be assisting in any searches... If so, which search team would you prefer to pair up with? I ask bc CUE are professionals, whereas the other consisted of volunteers that were inexperienced. The inexperienced team found bones. I think it'd be nice if they had an official off duty le to help guide them so as not to contaminate further evidence found.

There is a big police command unit RV and an unmarked SUV blocking the road right by BP on Waccamaw Blvd.?

Here is a side by side comparison of the sketches of the Springdale, SC Police Impersonator Violent Rapist-10/2013(Left) and the Conway, SC kidnapper and rapist - 10, 2013(Right) https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=e8fd87844a4f4df5f065065b5940aba8&oe=52C921D7
Due to the lack of 3d high tech forensics sketches. I am having difficulty determining if this is possibly the same sexual predator. Although better than nothing, these sketches kinda remind me of the wanted posters from the old west..

Please compare and share if you think this is the same person. TIA

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...!13m1!1e1!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

Here's my theory, based purely on circumstantial evidence:

Someone had been watching HE while she worked at TK. This person is known to have frequented Celebrity Square and is a POI in two other local missing persons cases. The night HE went on her date, this person was near the condo waiting for her to return. When she went back out, this person saw a perfect opportunity and followed... maybe to a nearby store, possibly on Seaboard Street. Then, something bad happened.

If I'm not allowed to post this, please delete, mods.

Here is a side by side comparison of the sketches of the Springdale, SC Police Impersonator Violent Rapist-10/2013(Left) and the Conway, SC kidnapper and rapist - 10, 2013(Right) https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net...=e8fd87844a4f4df5f065065b5940aba8&oe=52C921D7
Due to the lack of 3d high tech forensics sketches. I am having difficulty determining if this is possibly the same sexual predator. Although better than nothing, these sketches kinda remind me of the wanted posters from the old west..

Please compare and share if you think this is the same person. TIA

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...!13m1!1e1!13m1!1e1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1&fid=0

MOO, not even close to being the same person....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee