SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully disagree and hope that the volunteers make some headway.

'Nuff said by me. This case is way too sad and frustrating. :seeya:

Respectfully, I'm not sure why the volunteer searchers bother you so much? It's very common to use volunteers for wide-area searches like this one, whether it's for more remains, for other evidence, or for a living missing person. From what I can see from photos and news coverage, it's pretty much the same thing that was done for Alexis Murphy, Jessica Ridgway, or the college student that went missing in our area last winter.

Question for foxfire: Re: CUE and TES. Have you ever seen a case where more than one SAR organization has actively participated in unison in an active search alongside each other? I know LE has different agencies which work together...I guess what I'm asking is, do CUE and TES both have comparable resources? God Bless Monica and all her efforts; I'm just wondering if TES has some special equipment that CUE might not currently have access to? Would it be a conflict of interest if the family wanted TES to ALSO help? (For reasons of having more feet on the ground, equipment, resources, etc).

By the way, The Killing Fields I referred to upstream is where Tim Miller's (founder of TES) daughter was found.

Margarita25, TES & CUE are both excellent SAR & advocacy organizations. Both are overworked and at times underfunded. Imo, once a person is registered with a missing person organization/SAR. That org would be the primary SAR. I have seen examples of other SARs from multiple states joining forces to provide additional manpower and resources, such as in the Holly Bobo search/TN. I don't know of anytime TES and CUE have joined forces in a missing person search.

I admire both founders; Monica Caison(NC), and Tim Miller(TX) for their decades of dedication and perseverance combating the Silent epidemic of the missing and murdered.

TEXAS EQUUSEARCH
http://texasequusearch.org/

CUE(COMMUNITY UNITED EFFORT)
http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

The volume was so low on that film clip (I even went to the news page and same thing) that there were huge gaps where I couldn't make out what he was saying. So I probably missed that. And I didn't listen to the last part as that was too tough. But local LE had to call SLED in. Same with FBI.

I couldn't hear any of it, even at the station's website. I could hear the advertisement at the beginning of the interview loud and clear :banghead: but not one word of the actual interview.

Respectfully, I'm not sure why the volunteer searchers bother you so much? It's very common to use volunteers for wide-area searches like this one, whether it's for more remains, for other evidence, or for a living missing person. From what I can see from photos and news coverage, it's pretty much the same thing that was done for Alexis Murphy, Jessica Ridgway, or the college student that went missing in our area last winter.

You are misunderstanding my words, Carbuff. The volunteers don't bother me at all----as a matter of fact, I greatly admire those wonderful people that are so fueled to find our missing.

In the few days I've been waiting on my account to be activated, I've had time to read all the posts on each thread. I'd like to add a few things regarding the area of Heather's condo...It is not a nice, safe area. These condos were built years ago to attract golfers, sold individually. The units either house full time residents (owner) or leased directly by the owner(s) or signed over to a vacation rental company in some cases. The bars in close proximity, Magoo's, Ron Jon's, and the Boathouse...I wouldn't go in there alone. Yes there might be a mixed crowd, but there's also this underlying seedy, rough type of patron that Myrtle Beach as a whole seems to attract. I'm curious if the police could request charge slips from these places to track who might have been leaving one of the bars around the time Heather would have been coming/going from her condo the night she vanished?

I'm going to agree with you on the point that LE has hit a dead end . I feel that if the perp is part of the same social circles as HE, rumors would start surfacing by now. Going on that line of thought I would think that someone would slip up either verbally or their action(s) would be noted as odd by someone in their circle. If the emails and phone records of HE have not moved this case forward (and we really don't know that as LE has been hush hush) ,then I guess this case will take the work of a few people with great resources dedicated to only this case to solve it. I don't believe it to be random by someone unknown to everyone.

Well, we had hoped the rumor mill would help locate Lauren S. and Kortne S. due to the young crowd, etc...and nothing, 2.5 and 1.5 years later. And look ay Haleigh Cummings...

Maybe LE already has a suspect or suspects / POI pr POI's and have all the information on why and what happened.

But now they need to find HE to complete the probable cause to the case.

If this was the case then the only thing LE needs is to find is HE and nothing else.

And maybe the concern is if they go full blown to the media this could possibly only hurt the chance they have to getting the person or persons responsible for any criminal activity if any associated with HE charged with the appropriate charges.

And maybe it is leading to something much larger. But still have everything else they need except HE.

Just an opinion.

Hey there Salem----I did not call LE a disgrace, I said the entire dire situation is a disgrace. HE has been missing for over 2 weeks, her family is heartbroken, her father is beside himself, volunteers have found 4 sets of bones, and no presser within recent times.
If at anytime resources are slim, I prefer that additional resources get called in. It looks like it may be that time now.
Thank you.

You are misunderstanding my words, Carbuff. The volunteers don't bother me at all----as a matter of fact, I greatly admire those wonderful people that are so fueled to find our missing.

Okay, yeah, I'm sorry but I guess I don't understand what you think LE is doing wrong.

Re: the reward money, what are ya'lls thoughts on this (I know this has been discussed here in other cases).

Do you guys think a "cap" should be placed on the reward, that way someone doesn't hold out on waiting for the money to go up? Know what I mean?

Wow, great question! That's not something I'd ever thought about. I would hope that whoever knows information would offer it freely but I'm sure that money is a motivator for a few. As hard as CUE works to find people, I would hope the reward money could be donated to them if and when Heather is found. As for an amount, I don't know.

Okay, yeah, I'm sorry but I guess I don't understand what you think LE is doing wrong.

If you listen to the father's interview posted here today, he believes they are grasping at straws. It is all so frustrating. :banghead:

But we shall see....

'Hoping and praying for HE and her family.

Maybe LE already has a suspect or suspects / POI pr POI's and have all the information on why and what happened.

But now they need to find HE to complete the probable cause to the case.

snipped..

I agree 100%...no body, no crime. They simply HAVE to find her before they can do anything...that is unless they manage to get a confession out of someone. Her father said LE has hit a dead end though...but who knows. Things are said for a reason and since everyone has been so tight lipped, it is leading me to believe they DO have a suspect...just nothing to use to arrest them. Not even her friends or co workers are giving interviews...nothing...and that makes me wonder if LE has asked them not too....

If you listen to the father's interview posted here today, he believes they are grasping at straws. It is all so frustrating. :banghead:

But we shall see....

What is so sad...the family is usually in the dark about their children's lives

carbuff, HCPD/SO has a minimum of 8 unsolved missing/murdered female investigations in their jurisdiction in the last 8 years. This is concerning, imo. Yet the HCPD/SO has absolutely no media management strategy and are squandering their available resources, imo..

Wow, great question! That's not something I'd ever thought about. I would hope that whoever knows information would offer it freely but I'm sure that money is a motivator for a few. As hard as CUE works to find people, I would hope the reward money could be donated to them if and when Heather is found. As for an amount, I don't know.

The searcher thing is a good idea. Some of those folks are so selfless and would turn it down, though. Monica Caison doesn't even take a salary! Endlessly amazed.

If I'm not mistaken, some reward funds end up going towards memorial scholarships and humanitarian organizations set up in the victim's memory. I don't want to consider the possibility yet, but if this has a tragic outcome, perhaps a cosmetology scholarship or a safety initiative for young girls could help HE's family see her memory live on, like many other victims whose legacies now protect and help other girls achieve their dreams. :twocents:

But we shall see....

RE: If you listen to the father's interview posted here today, he believes they are grasping at straws.

I listened to this statement several times and it was more desperate and heart wrenching each time I heard it. I interpret it to mean that investigators have very little or nothing to go on 18 days later.. Experienced escalated predators seldom leave clues..

Aren't most rewards only if the victim is found alive? I think that is why they don't make a difference, because so few cases are solved because someone spotted the victim, called 911, and they were rescued. Also, it's a very thin line if it's someone who personally knows the abductor reports that they know where the victim is, unless they call 911 as soon as they find out.

Actually the rewards reads to"information leading to the closure of this case and location of HE"
nothing about an arrest...

carbuff, HCPD/SO has a minimum of 8 unsolved missing/murdered female investigations in their jurisdiction in the last 8 years. This is concerning, imo. Yet the HCPD/SO has absolutely no media management strategy and are squandering their available resources, imo..

I thought 3 of those were men? Zachary Malinowski, Kareem Ward and. Johnnie Lamar Brown?

Her choice of what she reposted certainly sounds like she was going through some relationship turmoil and personal issues, but I can't tell whether she was feeling more than ordinary young-person angst. Yeah, it worries me. Heartbroken people sometimes do really stupid things.
there was a "bitstrip" where there is written a name in a negative connotation. I went through her list of "friends" on various sites to to find only two who have that name spelt that way. just saying....

How long will it take to determine if the bones found belong to one or more people?
And will they tell the general public right away?

The fact that the first bones found came from a young man came rather quickly, iirc.

I thought 3 of those were men? Zachary Malinowski, Kareem Ward and. Johnnie Lamar Brown?

TY, Beba, I'll have to go back to where we were researching the m/m cases a few days ago, and correct the number or wording of the comment if it is incorrect.
Although the known missing/murdered persons cases is seldom accurate due to runaways, prostitutes, transients, and homeless, etc; the forgotten ones..

there was a "bitstrip" where there is written a name in a negative connotation. I went through her list of "friends" on various sites to to find only two who have that name spelt that way. just saying....

I looked at that a few days. I don't think it was in a serious concern

If it was you'd see something related to this on her other SM accounts

No where else is anything mentioned

And would something put a concerning message on Bitstrip ??

I dunno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member