SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of the confusion in the time she was last seen, time last call was placed, time phone pinged can be attributed up to sloppy reporting.

All of this could be cleared up with a good solid press release with a timeline of the factual events. Apparently this isn't going to happen without the public or the media putting more pressure on LE. Frustrating, and is causing more confusion and speculation than necessary.

agreed.

For LE, if they do not have a suspect or crime scene, it makes it more difficult to determine what they have, at this time of year especially. A woman her age does not usually miss out on holidays on purpose ( gifts, money, parties) yet it is also most vulnerable time for anyone who might be feeling depressed, wanting to vanish or worse. JMO

I am really surprised about the lack of media coverage given that it is such a tourist spot. I am 3-4 hours away but our news station usually updates on mb news from time to time because of the amount of people that visit from this area. Hopefully this case will start getting more media coverage soon. There is a petition for nancy grace on the fb page...is that okay to say?

~Respectfully snipped~

Well before we call them a disgrace, let's remember that the remains have not been determined to be human as of yet. Hopefully when that determination is made, LE will speak out.

Salem

Nor have they stated that they are bones from 3 different people. It seems like everyone is taking bones to mean full skeletons and assuming there are all these bodies out there. This could simply be one skeleton scattered by animals, weather, etc. Unless it says 3 skulls found or something, I wouldn't assume its different individuals.

I couldn't hear any of it, even at the station's website. I could hear the advertisement at the beginning of the interview loud and clear :banghead: but not one word of the actual interview.
FWIW, I could only hear sounds out of one of my headphones. the other channel did not work at all, so it may be that the recording was mono, not stereo. Try it with headphones and see if you can get one side to work.

TY, Beba, I'll have to go back to where we were researching the m/m cases a few days ago, and correct the number or wording of the comment if it is incorrect.
Although the known missing/murdered persons cases is seldom accurate due to runaways, prostitutes, transients, and homeless, etc; the forgotten ones..

True Fox. Zachary Malinowski is close in age to Heather and he went missing this past August. All of these people seem to be late teens to early 20's except Johnnie Lamar Brown who was 44 when he disappeared.

I'm over near Costco and Bestbuy. Are helicopters searching again today?

I looked at that a few days. I don't think it was in a serious concern

If it was you'd see something related to this on her other SM accounts

No where else is anything mentioned

And would something put a concerning message on Bitstrip ??

I dunno

I thought the same when I saw it last week but this girl is all over the place when it comes to her SM accounts. I never saw anything of hers specifically dealing with a single "event" that was covered in other SM accounts. Have you?

I am really surprised about the lack of media coverage given that it is such a tourist spot. I am 3-4 hours away but our news station usually updates on mb news from time to time because of the amount of people that visit from this area. Hopefully this case will start getting more media coverage soon. There is a petition for nancy grace on the fb page...is that okay to say?

bolded by me....maybe that's why the local media is lacking as is the LE pressers

I live off Forestbrook Road, it can be bummer to bumper in the mornings and afternoons with an elementary school and middle school located off it and Socastee High School right around the corner.

Exactly. Driving "by" or "down" Forestbrook 1 time, nor driving it 1-2 times on the way to work or mom and dads house isn't going to show what kind of traffic is on the road. I have passed 10-12 cars from 501 to McCormick alone at 4 am in morning. I've also passed 1 car at 11 am in the morning on the same route, and sat in traffic 10 deep each way at the FB/McCormick stoplight a 7 pm.

Anyways, enough of that.

My main point was that there are security cameras a perp would drive by whether he turned left or right off Peachtree onto Dick Pond Rd.

If they took Millpond, they would probably know it dumped out onto 544 and assuming they are local, they know 544 is heavily patrolled by the SCHP.

Would they risk that with HE in the car? I don't know.

One of the SCHP's favorite speed traps is right at the 31/544 intersection.

I thought the same when I saw it last week but this girl is all over the place when it comes to her SM accounts. I never saw anything of hers specifically dealing with a single "event" that was covered in other SM accounts. Have you?

No, nothing specific like that. It seems to be more an emotional state than a specific event. Several of the items seem to be about getting over a breakup that occurred in the past. I guess an approaching holiday is likely to bring up an old heartache for almost anybody.

Here is what I understand so far:

Bones Found:
There have been bones found in four locations near Tidewater and McNair. 2 locations had bones identified as human, one of those two locations had bones identified as belonging to a 20 Year old man. The other two locations had bones found over the weekend that have not been identified as human or animal yet. None of these were complete skeletons and all the bones MIGHT belong to the same person. So there is a minimum of one person's remains, a maximum is currently unknown.

Tidewater area was searched because concerned friends/volunteers thought the area was close enough to HE's condo to look there. Once the first set of bones was found, they left the immediate area to formal search teams and went to the NW side of the area between Tidewater and Ronald McNair and found some more bones. That entire area was being searched by CUE on Saturday (and they are currently still searching Sunday), IMO because human bones were found there and they were checking to determine if more human remains are in the area. That would be normal police procedure, anyway.

PTL area had been thoroughly searched, with no clues being reported.

It was reported that HE was last seen entering her River Oaks apartment sometime between 2 and 3 a.m. Dec. 18, according to an Horry County police report and that her vehicle, a 2001 Dodge Intrepid last seen in her driveway at White River Drive at that time.
http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_9c10bb9e-7495-11e3-bf49-001a4bcf6878.html OR HE was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night, December 17 per previous news articles.
http://www.examiner.com/article/heather-elvis-still-missing-father-makes-plea-for-daughter-s-safe-return

The media reporting leaves us not really knowing if HE was actually SEEN between 2am and 3am, or if she was only heard from during that time, whether by phone, text or social media. It has been reported that HE returned from a date around 12am, but it is unknown who the date was. It was also reported that HE made some posts on social media around 2 am and spoke with her roommate, who was with her own parents in another city, around 3am.

HE's purse and phone are missing. The phone went offline around 3am. We don't know the exact time HE was last at her condo or left her condo, whether she went voluntarily alone, with someone else, or was taken without her consent.

It is unknown when HE's car appeared at PTL. It could have been anytimein the middle of the night (officially the 18th) or any time on the 18th or 19th before it was reported. If her father drove it home, I have to assume it was not treated as a crime scene and processed accordingly.

Is this information correct as far as it goes?

Maybe LE already has a suspect or suspects / POI pr POI's and have all the information on why and what happened.

But now they need to find HE to complete the probable cause to the case.

If this was the case then the only thing LE needs is to find is HE and nothing else.

And maybe the concern is if they go full blown to the media this could possibly only hurt the chance they have to getting the person or persons responsible for any criminal activity if any associated with HE charged with the appropriate charges.

And maybe it is leading to something much larger. But still have everything else they need except HE.

Just an opinion.

Is it possible for le to pull somebody's cell records & ping mapping coordinates if they only suspect them but not enough to bring them in for official questioning? I'm wondering if the area le was concentrating on in their search was actually due to somebody else's cell pings besides Heather. If that's the case, would any of it be publicly accessible via foia?

Nor have they stated that they are bones from 3 different people. It seems like everyone is taking bones to mean full skeletons and assuming there are all these bodies out there. This could simply be one skeleton scattered by animals, weather, etc. Unless it says 3 skulls found or something, I wouldn't assume its different individuals.

You're right! I think I remember somebody on here saying that either wolves or coyotes (I forget sorry) were becoming a problem, or at least that they've been seen more over the past few years. Jeesh, I forget. What I'm getting at is if its a wolf aren't they strong enough to carry a femur? The tiny bits could have been scattered due to small wildlife &/or rodents. No?

Is anyone familiar with wild animals such as this? Would they have a wide territory?

I'm curious to see if the bones belong to more than one person.

You're right! I think I remember somebody on here saying that either wolves or coyotes (I forget sorry) were becoming a problem, or at least that they've been seen more over the past few years. Jeesh, I forget. What I'm getting at is if its a wolf aren't they strong enough to carry a femur? The tiny bits could have been scattered due to small wildlife &/or rodents. No?

Is anyone familiar with wild animals such as this? Would they have a wide territory?

I'm curious to see if the bones belong to more than one person.

Not to be gross, but a coyote could drag a whole limb from a body in early stages of decay.

If her car was at PTL for 24-36 hrs, wouldn't LE have noticed it before the 19th when they called her Dad? Sounds like they make rounds out there routinely from something I read.

Exactly. Driving "by" or "down" Forestbrook 1 time, nor driving it 1-2 times on the way to work or mom and dads house isn't going to show what kind of traffic is on the road. I have passed 10-12 cars from 501 to McCormick alone at 4 am in morning. I've also passed 1 car at 11 am in the morning on the same route, and sat in traffic 10 deep each way at the FB/McCormick stoplight a 7 pm.

Anyways, enough of that.

My main point was that there are security cameras a perp would drive by whether he turned left or right off Peachtree onto Dick Pond Rd.

If they took Millpond, they would probably know it dumped out onto 544 and assuming they are local, they know 544 is heavily patrolled by the SCHP.

Would they risk that with HE in the car? I don't know.

One of the SCHP's favorite speed traps is right at the 31/544 intersection.
An interesting avenue of pursuit would be "is there a video of HE's car turning off of Dick Pond Rd. onto Peachtree" and are there any video cameras on 544 going south towards the 707 turnoff(Murrells Inlet) or north on 544 towards Huck La,/Pine Hollow Rd./Dick Pond Road? wouldn't the latter route be used to take Forestbrook Rd.?

Is it possible for le to pull somebody's cell records & ping mapping coordinates if they only suspect them but not enough to bring them in for official questioning? I'm wondering if the area le was concentrating on in their search was actually due to somebody else's cell pings besides Heather. If that's the case, would any of it be publicly accessible via foia?
good points..especially during the time period of when HE was last seen till the car was reported..just that one cell tower by PTL..I'm sure that time consuming task was/is being done.

Actually, LE can ask anyone to come in for questioning...they just do not have to do so, or to talk unless they want to. JMO

Actually, LE can ask anyone to come in for questioning...they just do not have to do so, or to talk unless they want to. JMO

My mistake, I worded it wrong. I'm wondering if le can pull cell records including geo ping triangulation and routes before officially questioning somebody. I know they can ask people anything at anytime, but an official statement is almost always recorded & videotaped. Am I thinking of a deposition that's usually done in the station? Help me out, know what I'm referring to? I'm just a little confused in Heather's case bc almost always we hear of an ex boyfriend or girlfriend, or a friend she may have had an argument with, idk anybody being questioned. So far the media hasn't reported any of that.

We've read things on the FHE FB pointing to somebody but even that hasn't been reported. It's confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14