SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
new post on FHEFB by Bill...all in caps and he sounds like he is begging with all his might. It almost seems like he is speaking to a specific person and not just in general....heart wrenching.

I thought the same thing...

JMO

I'm not sure if HE's family are going to get the results they are looking for with a tent set up for anonymous tips. If you walk up to a tent doesn't that defeat the purpose of it being anonymous?

Also, I'm not sure if having tips going to their facebook private messages is a good idea. It seems their getting way more than they can handle and some might be getting missed. I think tips should be sent to LE or CUE.

This is jmo not criticizing if I were in their situation I would want to know everything too; but from an outside perspective I'm not sure how good it really is and are they sending every tip to LE? Are they deciding if a tip is credible or not?

You're right! I think I remember somebody on here saying that either wolves or coyotes (I forget sorry) were becoming a problem, or at least that they've been seen more over the past few years. Jeesh, I forget. What I'm getting at is if its a wolf aren't they strong enough to carry a femur? The tiny bits could have been scattered due to small wildlife &/or rodents. No?

Is anyone familiar with wild animals such as this? Would they have a wide territory?

I'm curious to see if the bones belong to more than one person.

Jersey Girl in the Carolina Forest (area were HE lives and also were searches have been) area there have been issues in the last several years with fox , coyote, vultures, and even black bear.

This is a good idea.

I have personal experience with LE on a shooting that happened at 3:30 am in MB a few months ago.

It was in a fairly desolate area and approximately 1 block from where my office is located. LE showed up and asked if we had security cameras, and to their luck I did.

But, I also found out that LE had found 12 OTHER businesses that had security cameras pointed at or towards the road in question. Needless to say, 1 of the cameras caught a nice 2-3 second clip of a gold car passing by at 3:32 am.

I'm not sure that they solved the shooting, but up to that point they didn't even have a car description or an idea the car was even in the area where the shooting occurred. That one clip gave them at least a gold car they could plug into their database.

My point is there are a ton of Security cams out there. I believe there are 2 on the swing bridge.

I'm sure LE is looking at businesses on these routes.

Let's hope there is something that exists evidence wise (footage, phone info, forensics, etc) and that its just taking them some time to process it (it is a large task), hence the delay in a presser. I guess they need time to work their investigation, right? BBM

Yes, and there's a strip club right around PTL if I'm not mistaken, mentioned upstream??

There's also a strip club within walking distance of this weekend's search, on Waccamaw Blvd.

What strip club is by PTL? Only ones I know about in the area are on Seaboard St and I think the one your speaking of is by where 501 and 17 bypass meet across the waterway from River Oaks, walking distance I suppose but there is no sidewalks on 501 crossing the waterway. You would have to walk right on the road towards on coming traffic crossing the waterway on 501.

What strip club is by PTL? Only ones I know about in the area are on Seaboard St and I think the one your speaking of is by where 501 and 17 bypass meet across the waterway from River Oaks, walking distance I suppose but there is no sidewalks on 501 crossing the waterway. You would have to walk right on the road towards on coming traffic crossing the waterway on 501.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=10068888

Here's the page to some of the discussions re: the strip clubs---Fantails?

(*I have no idea obviously since I'm in Co. :) )

IMO all tips, etc. should always go just to LE, not to families, especially if they want to remain anonymous. Families are just not set up to deal with these things, the crazies, the emotions, etc.

IF LE had her friend checked out in CA (as per FB) to see if she went out there...I really think they are not much further along than in the early days, in that they have not zeroed in on a final call or text or anything pointing to a person she may have gone to meet, etc.

With her phone and purse being gone, I can see this is going to be very difficult to determine if her disappearance is due to a crime, an accident, a suicide or by choice. A person being missing, car being abandoned, does not automatically equal abduction or foul play. People leave their lives for all sorts of reasons those close to them can never imagine. Or in despair, she may have gone to walk, clear her head and taken a fall. Just examples, but there are so many things for LE to examine. By percentage, far fewer missing persons are victims of foul play than not, I,would say.

Or they could have a suspect, for all I know. But if so, they really need to let the community know that in their opinion, a crime has been committed.

JMO of course

This is gonna sound so silly and I know it's probably the first thing that was done when heathers car was found but they did check the boot yes? I just needed to ask just in case even though I know they must have..

This is gonna sound so silly and I know it's probably the first thing that was done when heathers car was found but they did check the boot yes? I just needed to ask just in case even though I know they must have..

we are hoping that they checked everything on the car before her dad drove it away...............

I also just confirmed with someone hi up with VZW even the account holder cannot get this information like the tower pings or locations and this request if referred to the LE division of the wireless provider.
It must depend on the state. I can get this information for my own account, and have with no argument from anyone at Verizon. Go figure.

I'm not sure of the name, it's right next to the Country Inn & Suites

I have to disagree with this. There has been coverage in regards to HE, as well as the other two that were missing, on all 3 area news channels and in the paper everyday. I also disagree with those that have stated crimes are down played or kept quiet due to tourist. Pretty much everyday in the media you read/see within Horry county and MB city about a stabbing, shooting, assault, burglary, armed robbery, and even prostitution.

Topcat, I didn't mean to single you out on your comment it just happened to be the last one I read.

what about news coverage out of the immediate area...say 50 miles north or west? anybody in those areas ?

no problem ..

I have to disagree with this. There has been coverage in regards to HE, as well as the other two that were missing, on all 3 area news channels and in the paper everyday. I also disagree with those that have stated crimes are down played or kept quiet due to tourist. Pretty much everyday in the media you read/see within Horry county and MB city about a stabbing, shooting, assault, burglary, armed robbery, and even prostitution.

Topcat, I didn't mean to single you out on your comment it just happened to be the last one I read.

You are probably referring to my post as well (which I can't find now). I meant national media coverage. I'm glad local is covering it.

Another family was out searching today...Gayle Soles with (I believe) her brother and grandson...her daughter Crystal has been missing since 2005. How do these families find their strength, and what do you even say to them when you meet them? It's heartbreaking :(

I am sure many here have already seen this & know this. But if you go to the CUE site-About CUE page-pull up State Outreach Coordinators-you will see both Gail & Dawn. Dawn obviously has now moved, but look around that page, a lot of those names are missing persons family members. I believe Gail & Dawn met when Gail came to the searches for Brittanee to be her support. (I was told this at a search for Brittanee years ago).

I have also been at a flier event with Dawns parents, it seems that they will do whatever they can to help another family know that they aren't alone. I'm sure they also know what's needed before it's lacking at this point, JMO.

From what I was once told, the families want to help one another either just to give back, to give so others have what they were missing when they hit this unfortunate circumstance or so others have what they needed when it happened. Makes sense to me, amazing to do for another person you never met, but made complete sense when it was said to me.

I used Google Earth street view up Peachtree to 544 (west) and didn't spot any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli