SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned by LE how they know HE went missing 'in the early morning hours' other than the fact that her last cell phone record was at 3:41? Is it possible that she went there in the middle of day?

If this involves someone who knows her, then there would almost have to be some form of communication to get her out there that time of day. One doesn't just go to a boat landing at 4 in the morning to meet someone unless it is planned. But if they went later, it could be that they actually saw the person, in person, and made plans to meet there later. Overthinking maybe, but just seems to me that there would be some sort of evidence linking her to going there that early in the morning, or some evidence that she was actually there that early in the morning. If no one saw her from 2:00 on on the 18th, she could have gone to the landing at any time between then and when they found her car, and not necessarily made plans via telephone...

Just trying to figure out how they can not have any leads...seems there would almost certainly have to be some sort of communication between HE and the person and if not by telephone that you can trace, then maybe it was done in person.

Maybe LE is going off of whatever video they may have that allegedly showed her car out and about in the wee hours, and maybe they know the car never returned to her complex?

But I think her not using her phone or social media at all after 3:41am is a pretty good indicator that she did not wake up at home on Wednesday as usual. Just like I feel that Dylan Redwine was most likely murdered on the Sunday night, when all of his phone activity stopped.

JMO

Also...I hate to be negative, but IF Heather is found and is not alive...it is very difficult to contain such news until all family, etc. have been notified these days. Unfortunately, we have seen many cases when the news comes out online, due to the vehicles involved when a body is recovered, the media rushing to scene, etc...news spreads very quickly and by the time an official announcement comes, it is often mostly a confirmation of what is already generally "known". LE can't do this sort of work in secrecy due to chain of custody, etc.

I am only saying this as most families do not follow cases the way we do here and may be shocked to realize how quickly the internet catches on when things are happening. Sometimes, mere rumors turn into nothing more than that...but too often, sad and horrible news surfaces even before families have been officially informed. JMO

Thank you for posting this. It is very upsetting, beyond just the the agony of the family- from the police interview it makes it sound like they don't have a clue of what happened. I can only pray that this is just to throw someone off guard. :banghead:

Yes! Thanks so much! And her sister is right.. Hold your families a little tighter. I'd give anything to bring her home to then and I feel helpless, because even with support, love, and prayers from all over the world.. Nothing will make it better until she sits with them in front of that tree and opens her presents. This families world has stopped turning.

Please someone say the words to help them find Heather

Where did HE's date take her to look at Christmas lights?

Here's the video from Good Morning America that shows the picture sent to her dad.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/woman-returns-home-date-vanishes-trace-21498394
Thanks for linking this.

Here are a couple of screen shots I did from it.

Prayers for Heather's safe return!
2cok8k8.gif

2wqdb21.jpg

22ao0o.jpg

I hope this is allowed. I took a screenshot on my iPhone as the video played.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/11/5ugydu9a.jpg

On a similar topic. I thought maybe DE found it to hard to talk & that's why she hadn't yet. Thought she did a good job on GMA. It may be just me but IMO I think the media needs to also talk to her in addition to TE-not that I want to see her upset, but from what I've seen in these cases people seem to pay a lot of attention when Mom is on camera & pleading. If anything it would just be one more way to get HE covered again-"Mother of missing girl speaks out"
BBM - My sincerest apologies!

I'm just seeing yours now.

Thank-you for the picture.

Why hasn't LE released a picture of what HE was wearing that night, and why on earth haven't they released a picture of her tattoo?

Can someone offer a suggestion why that very distinctive tattoo picture has not been released or what she was wearing?

I am at a loss for words on this one. Well, I am sitting on my hands. COME ON.

Agreed. They may have found the clothes in her apartment which would indicate she changed and they wouldn't know what she was wearing...but the tattoo? That is a very big tattoo and distinguishing mark and it hasn't been mentioned at all in the descriptions being given of her. Cannot image why.

I'm sure her family has their reasons, but at this point, if LE truly has NO leads then I would be hiring a PI immediately. I keep going back to the Kate Waring case here in Charleston, where LE actually questioned the murderer (a friend of hers) and determined he wasn't a suspect...even though he cashed a forged check off of her bank account...blows my mind. It was the group of PI's that found her and were responsible for the arrest. LE claims it was because PI's have more flexibility legally to investigate...if that is true then I would have one on the case already.

TE stated that he nor LE could divulge any information about HE's last phone correspondence at 3:41 am because it could possibly jeopardize the investigation. The fact that he hinted that they might know who she maybe spoke to at that time leads me to believe that they have an idea about what might have possibly got her out of the condo that night.

Whoever she was in communication with at 3:41 am could be what this whole case is hinging on. Of course, it also could be nothing.

Agreed. They may have found the clothes in her apartment which would indicate she changed and they wouldn't know what she was wearing...but the tattoo? That is a very big tattoo and distinguishing mark and it hasn't been mentioned at all in the descriptions being given of her. Cannot image why.

This is what I don't understand.

A large, unique, distinguishable marker on someone such as a tattoo that Heather has, should have been all over everything from Day 1. Maybe her family didn't like it, but, LE should know better.

I am seriously having doubts about what we are dealing with here. The handling of Heather's case is unusual.

I am always a huge proponent for all the hard work and dedication that LE does in these cases, but, I can't think of a single reason for not showing the public that tattoo if they think she has been abducted.

I feel confident that LE knows a lot more then they are saying.

Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

I have been thinking that myself but I am starting to wonder now. Maybe just like Gayle McCaffrey here in Charleston, they need to find her, or evidence of wrong doing before they can make an arrest.

At this point she is just missing. The car is not messed up, no signs of struggle in the apartment...no evidence that she was abducted so in that light, yes I think they would have to sit on what they know until the person either trips up or they find her so that they have evidence of an abduction, legally I think they have to have all of their bases covered to make any arrest stick.

I'm not local, but I see a Kmart listed at
1403 N Kings Hwy
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577

ooops...looks like the pic is at Inlet Square Mall...yes, I see that in the pic now.
So, here....

10125 Frontage Rd, Murrells Inlet, SC ‎

Inlet Square Mall in Murrells Inlet HWY 17 Business

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Murrells Inlet?

Wow. Okay, I wasn't expecting that.

I have found a couple of things tied to Murrells Inlet. Is that where her date was from?

Was it a sports car that she was learning how to drive the stick shift with?

Did her date take her around Murrells Inlet to look at Christmas lights?

Just my opinion.

I think LE always knows more than they release...but as to whether what they know will solve a disappearance or a murder case, that is something else entirely.

IMO at some point, releasing info can only benefit a stalled investigation. If people know what to be thinking about (or who, if there is a POI) they are more likely to recall and report specific information. IMO people often have to be prodded to make them realize what they may know that does not seem important. For example, seeing Billy Bob at the carwash on the 18th may not mean much until you find out Billy Bob is a POi...jMO

Wonder if the mexican restaurant they went to was also in Murells Inlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli