SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an interesting take on the posibilities..but don't you think as soon as she saw a
A: a different car/truck that she didn't recognize she wouldn't stick around
B: saw someone she didn't recognize she wouldn't stick around especially
C: if it was someone who had it in for her she would leave

Let's assume the car was parked there with HE in it. Can anyone verify if was parked in a way it could have been trapped in?

I understand where you are coming from, but the way Terry worded the sentence sounds like to me he thinks she was betrayed by someone she knew and trusted, not betrayed by someone who knew the person she trusted.

IMOO.
Ok, maybe the "trusted"person handed the phone over and together set Heather up to meet, instead of only the "trusted" person showing up, two people did which would have been a betrayal of the person Heather trusted. Another possible variation of that scenario.

No but a large enough reward could turn two cheating spouses against each other. Jmo

So I guess a relative could claim a reward if they turn in a family member? I suppose so, as long as they played no role at all in the crime. But I think rather than dangle a reward, LE usually dangles a possible prison term if they don't cooperate...JMO

No but a large enough reward could turn two cheating spouses against each other. Jmo

the reward might not do the trick but getting partial immunity and the chance to see your kids grow up might do the trick

That's an interesting take on the posibilities..but don't you think as soon as she saw a
A: a different car/truck that she didn't recognize she wouldn't stick around
B: saw someone she didn't recognize she wouldn't stick around especially
C: if it was someone who had it in for her she would leave

A: Maybe it was a vehicle she was used to seeing.
B: Possibly.
C: Maybe.

All possibilities.

I've wondered about this too. The problem I have with it is that I don't think she would have even gotten out of her car if it wasn't the person she was supposed to meet...that is if we go on the theory that she did in fact drive to the landing. Or they might have been signs of a struggle if another person did show up other than who her dad says she trusted. Maybe there were two people?

Very, very possible which could mean Heather didn't driver her car to PTL and it was intentionally parked there.

I've read the police report which wasn't redacted, read the posts on fb, even those which have since been deleted, and come to a theory I'm sure others have pondered.

Yet, I read this story and there's something...I don't know what, nor do I know why, but something about this story is nagging at me.

Me too, but I think it's what he's not saying. I just re-read it, and the phone call to the roommate doesn't feel right.

Me too, but I think it's what he's not saying. I just re-read it, and the phone call to the roommate doesn't feel right.

What aspect of the call doesn't feel right? The time of the call? The roomates version of why HE called her?

Not sure what you mean? I think if anything, the phone call may not have been to discuss how great the date was. But I think it happened and was verified.

Someone just posted on FHEFB that she enjoyed seeing Heather's paintings every time she was in her apartment. That sort of indicates that she did not just move out the beginning of Dec, but perhaps moved then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very possible which could mean Heather didn't driver her car to PTL and it was intentionally parked there.

Or a second person was hidden in the other car. I think LE may know she DID drive out again that night, but that is JMO. I think they may have seen her on video at some point. But maybe when she got to the meeting place, she saw who she expected so she got out. And only saw a second person too late.

a question I have is ,did HE receive a call during her date and did she react to it (new bf might have noticed something wrong)?

the conversation she had with her room mate would be very revealing with the details of the calls HE received.

The times don't look right to me. Does anyone else notice it?

Someone just posted on FHEFB that she enjoyed seeing Heather's paintings every time she was in her apartment. That sort of indicates that she did not just move out the beginning of Dec, but perhaps moved then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supposedly she had lived in another apartment once before, but this last one, only a few weeks. Not sure if she lived at home in between, but I am fairly sure I read she had lived elsewhere before the condo.

Not sure what you mean? I think if anything, the phone call may not have been to discuss how great the date was. But I think it happened and was verified.

I think there was more said in that phone call that he doesn't mention, and there's a reason why it's not mentioned.

The times don't look right to me. Does anyone else notice it?

Maybe she first called her roommate while still on the date? And called back once she was home? Also I am not sure how set in stone the times are from the initial report, JMO.

I've asked this before, but have been blown off.

Has the roomates whereabouts on the night of the disappearance been verified? [modsnip]

There is a possibility that Heather thought she was texting back and forth with someone she knew, but it was someone else who easily had access to the "trusted" person's phone. She may have innocently agreed to meet that person to discuss a past/future but someone she wasn't expecting showed up in that person's place. Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks to a great sleuther for getting me caught up!

YES, this makes perfect sense!

I believe the roommate being out of town has been verified, though no link. In any case, she is definitely not a POI as far as we are concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member