SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she got a call, say, inviting her to "party" with some people, supposing the caller was a male she wanted to be with, I can see her going, if that was the only way to spend time with him. I.e if he called and said "hey, come to xxxx, I miss you."

And if the invitation came in by text, there's also the possibility that somebody purported to be the person she wanted to see. Used the other person's phone or even spoofed or hijacked the other person's account. Less likely than some other scenarios, I admit.

if those people intentionally spread false rumors with the intent of hurting your business...you would have a solid case as long as you can prove all the things I mentioned

But the case would be against the people who spread the misinformation, most likely not against the original report, unless you could prove that LE deliberately falsified it or otherwise acted with malice.

if those people intentionally spread false rumors with the intent of hurting your business...you would have a solid case as long as you can prove all the things I mentioned

IMO, I would think that proving any malicious words directly hurt your business' bottom line (even if your business name was your own name) is a very tough lawsuit to prove.
Additionally, most small business owners despise a forensic accounting of their business which would be extensive and needed to prove any losses from slander or libel against a biz as a result of an incident unrelated to the business practices.

Sorry for any offence I caused last night, it was late and I was being overly harsh. Especially sorry to Topcat. I was out of line and I apologize.

Biting my fingers over here.

Would we ever know if police had a warrant out to search property or arrest someone? Is that public knowledge? Maybe that's been asked. My WS app is funky tonight so I'm not keeping up like I want. Thanks!

But the case would be against the people who spread the misinformation, most likely not against the original report, unless you could prove that LE deliberately falsified it or otherwise acted with malice.

that's what I wrote "the people"

I for one am not going to believe anything else posted on FHEFB page. There is no way to tell if they are telling the truth or trying to scare someone into talking. I've been on pins and needles all day for something that wasn't real. I see a Lifetime movie in the near future. It has everything.right.down.to. :mickey:

This is why I'm grateful that WS does not allow rumor and drama here! Just the facts, and there doesn't really seem to be any at this time.

The mods here work really hard to keep this place up. They deserve a big thank you!

:gthanks:

:blowkiss:

Biting my fingers over here.

Would we ever know if police had a warrant out to search property or arrest someone? Is that public knowledge? Maybe that's been asked. My WS app is funky tonight so I'm not keeping up like I want. Thanks!

Well, since there appears to be little or no media in the area...probably not. JMO
I cannot believe media is not all over this nightmare of a case. The SM alone is a three-page story.

Well, since there appears to be little or no media in the area...probably not. JMO

I cannot believe media is not all over this nightmare of a case. The SM alone is a three-page story.

The lack of media involvement IS puzzling. I don't understand it. Maybe that should be a new focus for team Heather. Get the media printing something, anything every single day.

Seems like someone of the 40K people should have a local media contact...

Sorry for any offence I caused last night, it was late and I was being overly harsh. Especially sorry to Topcat. I was out of line and I apologize.

I don't even know what this is about but admire anyone that will man up if needed!

The lack of media involvement IS puzzling. I don't understand it. Maybe that should be a new focus for team Heather. Get the media printing something, anything every single day.

Perhaps there is simply nothing to report. :twocents:

It's VERY puzzling...I wonder what they DO report on? I'm thinking I should get a jump start and write my screenplay before media happens to stumble upon this and someone beats me to it.

Perhaps there is simply nothing to report. :twocents:
The FB drama and the in your face searches are news stories in their own right lol

I was worried about this all day. not the first time I've seen it happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

You "seen" it too? ha! Seriously, this is getting really out of hand and something needs to break soon - for all of us.

:floorlaugh: It's painful! It seems to be a regional thing as I've noticed quite a few Horry County natives speak that way. Here in Charleston, you just have to understand Geechee, which is no small feat.

Growing up in NE Ohio we end sentences with at. Where am I at? It wasn't until college in Michigan that I learned it wasn't proper English. But at least I know my there, their and they're spellings.

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

Their is not alot to talk about, other than where Heather is at and who seen her last.

(I am sorry)

The FB drama and the in your face searches are news stories in their own right lol

I disagree. The media is not going to pounce on a bunch of drama and rumors. I'm pretty sure they have LE contacts, and when there is something substantial to report, they will. :twocents:

Sorry...I do not want to discourage anyone from posting, for fear of imperfect grammar. Please, anyone, join us.

ETA media should report on the info from scanner, anyway.

Sorry...I do not want to discourage anyone from posting, for fear of imperfect grammar. Please, anyone, join us.

:lol: Since when does the media listen to scanners? I've thought that, in soooo many cases, especially in "breaking news" situations. I've never seen it happen!

Yes, I apologize. I honestly don't care about spelling. I butcher words with the best of them....just use taken instead of token. ;-)

Sent from my A1-810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members