SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Night everyone! Let's hope there is some real news about Heather soon.

Y'all sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite! :seeya:

Good night everyone. May tomorrow bring clarity and answers.

I have a question and hopefully you all can help me with it. I know there are no named POIs, suspects etc., but has there been any verification of who has been cleared? I understand the date may have been, but has there been any reliable source of information indicating that anyone else has been cleared? I ask this because it may help me in eliminating possible scenarios.

I believe the last person to see Heather could have very important info...Even if it is small..he could share her state of mind when he left her...Actually I find it unusual that he hasn't come forth...This case doesn't seem to have any new leads...If this guy has nothing to hide he should just come forth...but then again it seems I am the only one here that feels that way...This will become a cold case fast if every stone isn't turned !!!!!

I have a question and hopefully you all can help me with it. I know there are no named POIs, suspects etc., but has there been any verification of who has been cleared? I understand the date may have been, but has there been any reliable source of information indicating that anyone else has been cleared? I ask this because it may help me in eliminating possible scenarios.

TE mentioned in an article that he wrote that the date took a polygraph and was cleared. This was never confirmed by any LE source, though. Otherwise, I don't think that there has been any reference to others being cleared. I believe BW was out of town for the holidays, so you can probably consider her cleared as well, whether that was ever officially mentioned or not.

I believe the last person to see Heather could have very important info...Even if it is small..he could share her state of mind when he left her...Actually I find it unusual that he hasn't come forth...This case doesn't seem to have any new leads...If this guy has nothing to hide he should just come forth...but then again it seems I am the only one here that feels that way...This will become a cold case fast if every stone isn't turned !!!!!

He has come forth to LE. That's what matters. He is a key witness in the case. I'm sure LE has told him not to talk publicly. Same with BW.

I know that many won't agree with me...but I do think the guy she dated last should come forth and speak to the media...after all..this girl is missing & he was the last one that saw her.......She could be endangered or worse !! Under the circumstance, he should at least talk...
What would he say that would help?

The sticky part of this question is that there are very few people who have any need to be cleared that are anyone we can talk about. The date has been cleared, the roommate was verified as being with her parents. I don't think there is anyone else that has been mentioned in anything that is MSM and has not been redacted that might need to be cleared.

The date would know if she took or made calls, or texted during the evening. But I am sure LE knows all that anyway.

Is it usual practice in missing person cases, for the media to get approval/clearance from family before reporting something they have been told ?

Is it usual practice in missing person cases, for the media to get approval/clearance from family before reporting something they have been told ?

No...media would not need family approval, as long as they had sources.

You are probally right ! I am just scared this is going to turn into a cold case fast..

I've been reading along from the beginning, just haven't posted. Do you guys really think this will turn into a cold case? I can't see that happening with all of the info LE has....but stranger things have happened I guess.

Praying for a resolution soon. :please:

I've been reading along from the beginning, just haven't posted. Do you guys really think this will turn into a cold case? I can't see that happening with all of the info LE has....but stranger things have happened I guess.

The case has already started slipping off the radar on the local news.

Its just a matter of time until there's no mention of HE unless LE has a PC or something big breaks open the case.

Its sad, but unfortunately true.

I'm hitting myself with a 2x4 for posting this, having said I'd leave it alone, but really, people!

Heather's date seemed like it went very well. She told her roommate so, she sent her dad a lovely photo of her on her date, she was happy and safe with him.

He has been cleared by LE. Cleared of any involvement! Please try to imagine how this poor young man feels! He must be devastated! This young man has been interrogated, gone through a lie detector, had the fingers of an entire town pointed at him...and has been cleared. Why on earth would he come forward to talk to the media?

If this was your son, would you want that, or would you seek counseling, give him family support and take advantage of any LE advice?

My heart goes out to him and his family, and I hope they stay anonymous.

IMO as I have stated repeatedly, LE has a POI and the data trail will be important, along with the first to crack. I will eat my hat if this is a SK or random attack. I do not base this on SM or anything posted on FB, it is MOO and, sadly, follows a classic pattern of human behavior.

It depends...they may know "who" but can't prove it. And if they cannot find, that will not help the case.

What would he say that would help?

The sticky part of this question is that there are very few people who have any need to be cleared that are anyone we can talk about. The date has been cleared, the roommate was verified as being with her parents. I don't think there is anyone else that has been mentioned in anything that is MSM and has not been redacted that might need to be cleared.

I do not think the roommate was verified as being with her parents. If so, I missed that. She was out of town.
I do not think she has anything to do with this but in looking over what I know to be verified, I think it was assumed that she was with or at her parents but then other information came in stating she was elsewhere when this happened.
I'm fairly certain she was verified as being out of town somewhere but I do not have a source.

That could be true, except I actually think that the roommate would have more information about her state of mind since she was the last person to TALK to her. A lot could have changed inbetween. ie. I could leave work and the last person seeing me be a co-worker and everything be fine. But when I got home have a message or have seen something on the way or read something online or heck, even had a change in health like a migraine or stomach cramps. Maybe call my mom to talk about it. Then if I disappeared her recollection of my state of mind would be different from my co-workers.

TE mentioned in an article that he wrote that the date took a polygraph and was cleared. This was never confirmed by any LE source, though. Otherwise, I don't think that there has been any reference to others being cleared. I believe BW was out of town for the holidays, so you can probably consider her cleared as well, whether that was ever officially mentioned or not.

LE *DID* confirm it here: http://crimefeed.com/2014/01/heather-elvis-missing-pt-2-crime-feeds-interview-father-terry-elvis/

Any news on Heather? Just getting in...Didn't see anything...

With so much known, unknown, rumored and the like, I find myself going back to two sets of information; verified and unverified. I've been keeping them separate from one another, but I've also been comparing them to possibly determine what may be red herrings in HE's disappearance.

I've wondered a lot about a lot and I guess that's all I can say about that.

This is a really good thing to do. I wish we could keep a running list here of Verified v. Unverified info-like in two columns. Or Fact v Rumor columns.
I think a picture would begin to surface. Especially if sources were listed next to each item.
Keeping such a list on here would open things up for discussion and having rumors listed, well we can't talk about rumors. I think though if it were in a context of this was said by ______ can we verify it? That would lead to a more productive discussion of certain items. Or maybe it wouldn't. I'm just trying to think of a productive way to discuss what is known v what everyone may think is known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lookingforheatherarcher