SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That cop in Chas shot that man who ran, the cop was quickly arrested and charged. All evidence, including the video immediately released. All went as well as I feel a wrongful death shooting could go.
This happened last nite, the pictures were released, the suspects name (given to LE by his uncle) released, now he is arrested. Less than 24 hours after the crime happened.
I giving kudos to SC LE and to SC citizens.
We take care of our own, regardless of race.

The passion and heart coming from folks in the presser is amazing to hear.

Gov Hailey 'outpouring of support from across country tremendous...healing process will start. So thankful to PD, FBI, LE...never seen such determination..S. Carolina has stepped up today.'

Firearm training - right there. Did he receive any training? And usually when a son (child) is gifted with a gun - history is usually a long gun for hunting - a right of passage if you will. (Not that I agree)

He re-loaded FIVE times and only killed/injured 9 - that tells me he didn't have any training. They were in a basement FGS and he had to re-load 5 times. SMH He came prepared if he had that much ammunition with him.

JMHO

PD: He was stopped beccause of citizen tip. Was co-operative

I just want to say thank you to the law enforcement for the outstanding job they have done in finding this murderer and bringing him in so quickly.

Gov Hailey: Want to thank Mayor, Bishop Norris, recovering in hospital...We woke up today (breaks down)...heart and soul of N.Carolina was broken...

She is very, very upset.

Gov Hailey is of Indian desent, and the religion she is a part of was similarly attacked not long ago. (I can't remember the name of it, as I wasn't familiar with it) So she definitely knows what they are feeling.

PD. I do (believe he acted alone). Citizen saw vehicle he thought was suspicious. We checked out, as result made arrest.

In Shelby, N.Carolina. He was in vehicle when approached.

I respectfully disagree.

If your son was arrested on drug charges, his second arrest, you don't give him a .45 three weeks later for his birthday.

He could have bought one for a couple hundred dollars out of someone's trunk if the father had just given him birthday money. What difference does it make? You can get one illegally anywhere in the US. Thank God no terrorists in Europe have access to guns or bombs. (sarcasm intended)

PD: Will give brief overview: Initial response tremendous. As I drove here, talking to FBI..got 1800 # up quickly

...Lost my feeed. :(

That cop in Chas shot that man who ran, the cop was quickly arrested and charged. All evidence, including the video immediately released. All went as well as I feel a wrongful death shooting could go.
This happened last nite, the pictures were released, the suspects name (given to LE by his uncle) released, now he is arrested. Less than 24 hours after the crime happened.
I giving kudos to SC LE and to SC citizens.
We take care of our own, regardless of race.

Charleston is a second home to me. I have a trip planned to take my two granddaughters there this weekend. I shared Charleston with my daughters as well. I love Charleston and was very shocked to hear of this horrific crime last night. This beautiful city is shocked and saddened by this awful crime and the outpouring of emotion and grief is very genuine. Justice will be served, no doubt about it.

I just dont get and never will how a gun is a gift??

I got my son a hunting shotgun when he turned 18. He's been well educated in gun safety. When he moved away from home last year, he left it with us. He only wants it for hunting season.

NBC just seemed to drop live coverage of presser without warning.

I'm not so sure about the possibility of mental illness. South Carolina has a very mainstream, racist subculture. Its fairly common for people like this young man to be raised in an environment where adults openly express extreme racism and hate. If its all you've heard or known all your life, its easy for an impulsive young man with a new gun to act on that hate.

OTOH, in some ways, the endemic racism and hate is a manifestation of a type of mass societal mental illness, but not the type to be classified as organic or severe mental illness.

I don't understand how every time there is a single murder case on WS, people get very worried that the defense is going to go for legal insanity defense, yet in this case, people are more than ready to say it must have been mental illness.

Plus, I never hear the mental illness excuse come up for anyone who isn't white.

Gunman provided his motivation to the witness he let go, and told her to pass on his message of racial hatred/revenge to the world.

Additionally, photo of shooter wearing the flags of 2 African countries when they were white-ruled.

In this case, I don't believe we'll find mental illness issues like in the Holmes & Lanza cases.

He is a young racist imo

No mental illness with this young racist adult imo

Sadly, South Carolina is not the only state in the south to have a mainstream racist subculture. BTW, I'm white & the hate & racism disgusts me no end!! The Civil War has been over 150 years & it's way past time for people to bury it & move forward.

Or you can choose not to take an action, no matter what you hear.

The Gunman was arrested in Shelby, NC due to an aware citizen's tip. An aware American Public is is a very valuable investigative resource for Law Enforcement..

Gov Hailey: Want to thank Mayor, Bishop Norris, recovering in hospital...We woke up today (breaks down)...heart and soul of N.Carolina was broken...

She is very, very upset.

I'm sure you mean South Carolina but North Carolina is also feeling the shock of such a crime. At least he is now in custody.

He could have bought one for a couple hundred dollars out of someone's trunk if the father had just given him birthday money. What difference does it make? You can get one illegally anywhere in the US. Thank God no terrorists in Europe have access to guns or bombs. (sarcasm intended)

So right !

Oooppps, looks like buying a gun for a legitimate gift IS legal. Sorry. Shaky legal area. :blushing:
Purchasing handgun for someone else is called "straw man". It isn't legal to fill out the forms and say you are purchasing it for your own use if you are "gifting" it to someone else. To tell a licensed firearms dealer that you wish to buy the gun for someone else makes it impossible for them to sell it to you.
Sure people lie on forms and guns can be bought any where. Just saying.
jmo

eta: http://smartgunlaws.org/straw-purchases-policy-summary/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads