SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The news conference is reporting an alert citizen called in the shooters location. I am thankful his capture was nonviolent. Choosing such a soft target makes us realize you aren't safe anywhere. I am very concerned about the message the news is reporting he wanted the survivor to share with the world.

I guarantee you he read a lot of hate on the Internet about black people. I bet he has quite the Internet history. The Internet allows people to congregate with those who agree with their views. Every time there is a crime in the news involving a black person as the perp, there are comments on MSM sites about how much crime black people commit, etc. So then you have someone like Roof who reads that crap, and it feeds his anger and hatred towards black people. That's why I don't see those types of comments as just someone's opinion or harmless.

So there seems to be a rash of voices stridently yelling for everybody to call him a terrorist...I don't get that at at all...no problem with calling a killer a terrorist. So were Loughner, Holmes et al...

Purchasing a handgun for someone else is called "straw man". It isn't legal to fill out the forms and say you are purchasing it for your own use if you are "gifting" it to someone else. To tell a licensed firearms dealer that you wish to buy the gun for someone else makes it impossible for them to sell it to you.
Sure people lie on forms and guns can be bought any where. Just saying.
jmo

Sorry but I'm not sure if that is so because you can sell your gun to anyone for a dollar and it's legal in some states. I'm sure gun laws are vastly different state to state but there is no law against giving your gun away in this state at least and probably many others.

ETA That being said, I think its' very clear just looking at this guy's picture and knowing he just had a drug charge that giving him a gun was a bad idea.......

ETA again, sorry. There are different laws regarding different guns as well. Generally speaking, hunting guns like shotguns and rifles " long guns'' are not as strictly regulated as hand guns. I believe and anyone can correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not sure, but that is because a shot gun and rifle , typically hold a small amount of shells at one time, where as a handgun you can put the clip in full of bullets.

I'm sure you mean South Carolina but North Carolina is also feeling the shock of such a crime. At least he is now in custody.

Yes, I did. :) I was typing fast and hard to hear as she was breaking down.

I don't understand how every time there is a single murder case on WS, people get very worried that the defense is going to go for legal insanity defense, yet in this case, people are more than ready to say it must have been mental illness.

Plus, I never hear the mental illness excuse come up for anyone who isn't white.

I can't speak for others, nor do I know how they think. It seems possible that many who are comfortable with racism, who don't challenge it or think its wrong, are in denial that the widespread acceptance and promotion of racism and bigotry in US society and media is to blame for encouraging this kind of terrorism and murder.

When I was a kid growing up in the 60s and 70s, it became unacceptable for people to express their racism in public, to promote it on tv and radio. That changed in the 80's. It suddenly became socially acceptable to some folks to return to those racist/sexist/bigoted public discussions. It's become mainstream again.

I should have clarified I meant a hand gun as a gift. Not that a shotgun could not inflict damage tho. I as a Parent who had a young adult already showing disrespect for the law and a drug charge would not hand said adult a hand gun. How does the Father feel now. No way I would want to be associated with making this happen. Sure he could purchase one on his own. Yes how did the paper work, work for gifting this gun????

I don't understand how every time there is a single murder case on WS, people get very worried that the defense is going to go for legal insanity defense, yet in this case, people are more than ready to say it must have been mental illness.

Plus, I never hear the mental illness excuse come up for anyone who isn't white.

There is not even the beginning of any info to determine a motive. Generally, if the defendant is truly mentally ill and all can pretty much see it, black or white or brown, their case is handled a little differently and may not receive as much attention

There is not even the beginning of any info to determine a motive. Generally, if the defendant is truly mentally ill and all can pretty much see it, black or white or brown, their case is handled a little differently and may not receive as much attention

Except the shooter telling the survivor(s) that he wanted to kill black people....

I am not sure if it is true that cases involve mental illness recieve less attention. Why would they?

Gunman provided his motivation to the witness he let go, and told her to pass on his message of racial hatred/revenge to the world.

Additionally, photo of shooter wearing the flags of 2 African countries when they were white-ruled.

In this case, I don't believe we'll find mental illness issues like in the Holmes & Lanza cases.

He is a young racist imo

No mental illness with this young racist adult imo

Is there an MSM link for what Roof said to the surviving lady?

Except the shooter telling the survivor(s) that he wanted to kill black people....

I am not sure if it is true that cases involve mental illness recieve less attention. Why would they?

Again, is there an MSM link for this? People are posting what Roof "said" to her but with no LE or interview link, how do we know?

Again, is there an MSM link for this? People are posting what Roof "said" to her but with no LE or interview link, how do we know?

Because being hospitalized involves medical records which for around 20 years have been sealed by HIPPA regulations.

Gunman provided his motivation to the witness he let go, and told her to pass on his message of racial hatred/revenge to the world.

Additionally, photo of shooter wearing the flags of 2 African countries when they were white-ruled.

In this case, I don't believe we'll find mental illness issues like in the Holmes & Lanza cases.

He is a young racist imo

No mental illness with this young racist adult imo

When it is mental illness, like the 2 you listed or the Giffords shooter, I feel when I first see the mug shots, yeah, this is a nut. Then possibly a history of illness or treatment. Doesn't mean they still shouldn't be punished. I feel like we'll pretty soon hear of this guys history. If he's crazy or an active skin-head type, people will know it.

Is there an MSM link for what Roof said to the surviving lady?

Sylvia Johnson, a cousin of church shooting victim Pastor Clementa Pinckney says she spoke with one of the survivors "and she said that he had reloaded five different times... and he just said 'I have to do it. You rape our women and you're taking over our country. And you have to go.'"

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/church-gunman-reportedly-said-i-have-to-do-it-467402819802

^^BBM: That's his motivation, in his own words

and he ain't ashamed of it, either

I cannot believe LE interviewed this lady and told her you can now go give a press conference or an interview and thoroughly disclose everything we've discussed with you since 12 MN.

CHwSIIxWUAEJ3m4.jpg

:rose:Senator/Pastor Clementa Pinckney

Pres Obama and Michelle knoww people at church personally, V upset, angry. He mentions suspect 'had no problem getting gun' and US 'will have to shift how we think about guns collectivelly'.

Pres now quoting MLK 'they lived meaningful lives', about victims. 'transform dark and desolate valleys into tranquil meadows of peace'.

If he said aliens are coming and I am trying to save you, we just take that at face value, too? He could be mad because his black girlfriend broke up with him. We know nothing except hearsay about this person. "A survivor said" (not me but someone told me) is not evidence of anything!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member