SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am disgusted by this judge and his "speech." It's ok for the families to say what they want, but this judge should have kept his mouth shut about the killers family. Not the time and place for it. I have never seen a bond hearing this this, ever!

ETA: This might come back to help the killer. No judge should talk like this at a bond hearing, maybe after conviction but not now. JMO

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 1m1 minute ago

Dylann Roof makes first court appearance after #CharlestonShooting. http://cnn.it/1H3agzQ

here's the hearing

CH4o107XAAAiEOB.jpg

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 47s47 seconds ago

Victims' relatives speak during Dylann Roof's court appearance: 'I forgive you,' one says. http://cnn.it/1H3agzQ

I bet you that Roof shared his racist views with people he knew, and these same people would claim that they have never met a racist.

Ok, I need some help from someone from South Carolina. This hearing set the bond of $1Million for the gun charge only. When & where will the charges & bond for murder be held? It's not like an ordinary human can come up with $1 Million bail but with no murder charges filed, conceivably Roof could come up with the bail & be out walking the streets again.

CH4o107XAAAiEOB.jpg

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 47s47 seconds ago

Victims' relatives speak during Dylann Roof's court appearance: 'I forgive you,' one says. http://cnn.it/1H3agzQ

CNN talked about the symbolism of showing this on video camera, with the suspect fully facing the victims families and the people. And also showing the guards in flak jackets to show that he is now guarded and the world is safe from him.

To me they missed some the most powerful symbolism:

Three people in that camera shot. All of similiar age. One chose to kill and he wears the inmate clothing. The other two chose law enforcement as guards. They are different races but are united by their uniform. And they wear the protection of the jackets.

I am disgusted by this judge and his "speech." It's ok for the families to say what they want, but this judge should have kept his mouth shut about the killers family. Not the time and place for it. I have never seen a bond hearing this this, ever!

ETA: This might come back to help the killer. No judge should talk like this at a bond hearing, maybe after conviction but not now. JMO

Agree, it could sway a future jury or trial judge. This judge's message could be used to promote an insanity defense by making the victim seem a hapless crazy person who acted on his own private delusional thoughts. I hope they bring federal charges, so there's a chance he can be tried in federal court. Just in case.

Agree, it could sway a future jury or trial judge. This judge's message could be used to promote an insanity defense by making the victim seem a hapless crazy person who acted on his own private delusional thoughts. I hope they bring federal charges, so there's a chance he can be tried in federal court. Just in case.

What did the judge say? I missed it. TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ok, I need some help from someone from South Carolina. This hearing set the bond of $1Million for the gun charge only. When & where will the charges & bond for murder be held? It's not like an ordinary human can come up with $1 Million bail but with no murder charges filed, conceivably Roof could come up with the bail & be out walking the streets again.

I'm not from South Carolina, but he was charged with murder and is ineligible for bond on those charges.

Roof has been charged with nine counts of murder and possession of a firearm during the commission of a violent crime, according to the Charleston Police Department. Roof was ineligible for bond on the murder charges in Gosnell’s court, by state law. But the judge set $1 million bond on the single weapons charge. (From ABC News)

I'm unfamiliar with bond hearings. Is it normal for the victims family's to speak here? I'm worried about the trial, and the defense saying the jury pool was tainted because of the comments before the trial.

CNN Breaking News ‏@cnnbrk 1m1 minute ago

Hear the powerful statements made by some of the #CharlestonShooting victims' families. http://cnn.it/1GwO2D3

I'm a damn Yankee through and through, but I never saw the Confederate flag as a symbol of hate. I believe each state is/should be entitled to proudly display their history.

We own our past as the saying goes. Our history is there the good, the bad and the ugly. Only our future can be changed. And as the saying goes, "those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Flying the flag can be seen as a reminder of what happened in the past and the reminder to keep it from happening in the future. It is all how you choose to look at it.

Not sure where you live, but you would have had to live in the South to understand.

Why do they choose to live here? It is their right to live here!

I live in the south for over 30 years.. I never said it wasn't their right to live here or whereever they want. I only meant if the South is as racist as everyone says it is, why would they want to live surrounded by racists

I would love to have a body language expert do a reading on Roof while he was on camera.

These families truly show their faith and love with their forgiveness but everyone is not as forgiving and that is the very reason I believe the Judge made the statement he did, to try and prevent possible violence against people whose only crime is sharing blood with this murderer.

In no way do I see this being used to aid the killer- the judge wasn't showing kindness or sympathy to the suspect just his family.

You don't become like Roof unless the people around you encourage or ignore your thoughts and behavior.

OK , feel compelled to declare that I am. in. a. mood. Taken care of that!
Its just stupid, One is going to go kill a bunch of people, and for some reason, media , in every instnace acts like this --- But that is againist the law (obtaining a gun etc) .

That is just stupid..................like law abiding citizens............. but the fascinating thing about this thought process,, to me , is how on earth can any of you talking heads believe, that anyone one of these folks, is afraid of breaking the law, they depart on their mission , , knowing they are gonna go kill a bunch of homospains (Elliot Rodgers and James HOmles are so "here" for me) " oh i might be breaking some law"

Its is like they think these , mentally ill folks, are thinking about the law (its not ok to kill another human being ?) they seem to think that these folk are even thinking this its just STUPID (I have learned caps are bad) but I owned in. a mood. !

It is just numbing to me ------what are the talking heads thinking

its just DUMB sorry IMO ---and I have confessed .........in a mood..............................

Thank you guys!

IMO, it is a stupid, waste of air time - oh my I might break some law killing a bunch of people.... give me a break .. ok I need to step away, I have had two time outs, and I do not want antoher!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You don't become like Roof unless the people around you encourage or ignore your thoughts and behavior.

I read he was very quiet and stayed locked in his room a lot. I believe it's quite possible the people around him did not encourage or ignore his thoughts and behavior.

We just don't know at this point. But I do not believe we can speculate on that at this time. IMO that's not fair to those he spent time with.

JMO

I am not familiar with the layout of the church or how long it takes to reload a glock..Reports say he reloaded 5 times why didn't the victims try to overpower him when he was reloading ? Or why some didn't try to run ?

Many were senior citizens. Others were using their bodies to proctect loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aknittedfrenzy