SC - Nine killed in Emanuel AME Church shooting, Charleston; Dylann Roof charged #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the picture of the suspect I posted above it is obvious that he is not carrying a semi-automatic assault riffle - he must have been carrying a handgun. How did he kill 9 out of 10 congregants using just a handgun? At the first sound of shots congregants would have scattered for the exits. Something doesn't add up!

Imo, he was carrying a semi-automatic handgun with a magazine that maybe held 10 bullets. But I just read that he had to reload his weapon to keep firing so he could have had a revolver which shoots six. I think he had them hemmed up and they were afraid to move. It must have been a small group and they were all in one area when he began firing. The church is very large so they may have thought they wouldn't make it to the exit doors and he would pick them off if they ran.

From the photo of him at the entrance of the church he seems to reach behind him to make sure the weapon was secure and covered under his hoodie.

Its so heartbreaking to even think about.

IMO

This is hearbreaking. I love Charleston, it's one of my favorite places to visit because of the history and the beauty all around.

OBE I also thought the killer was wearing a tam/ beret also but perhaps he has the same hairstyle that he wore in the 90's/00's. He definately has something slung over his right shoulder.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, families and citizens of Charleston. Everyone who lives there must feel really on edge right now.

MSNBC

Sylvia Johnson, cousin of Pastor Pinckney

- he asked who t pastor was

- then, he sat next to him

- when t meeting ended, he began shooting

It's reported that he left one victim alive to tell the story...I wonder if he plans on suicide. Or not getting caught, which seems unlikely.

Please say our country is over the 1960's.

How could we be when we can even get past the 1860's?

(ETA If my reply seems sarcastic, it wasn't directed at you or your post, Trino. In fact, I wasn't even being sarcastic.)

There is a picture of the suspect here, it appears to me (anyway) that he has a amish hair cut. I go to a amish market in annapolis and that is the way their hair is cut. And it appears that he ahas a yellow button on his shirt. ? jmo idk

http://www.foxnews.com/

I don't know. I see that hair as being styled in a very precise bowl cut. I'm thinking there's a salon out there that would know him as a client.
About the grey shirt, could the yellow area be a hard rock cafe logo?

The pics are pretty clear and with that distinctive haircut and pics of his car, someone will recognize him. :please:

Looks like he has some sort of sack, black pouch hanging near crotch area. Perhaps, carrying weapon in that. Appears to adjust it from back waist level prior to entering church (in photo)

Haven't caught up on all the posts yet. Why a long sleeved sweatshirt? It was very hot last night. To hide tattoos perhaps?

This was not what I wanted to wake up to this morning.

Today is also the anniversary of nine Charleston firefighters who perished in a sofa warehouse fire in 2007.

He said it on MSNBC too. Unfortunately, I don't think it's his place to make this announcement. I can't imagine how the family is feeling right now.

He didn't "announce" anything that hadn't been said by the police chief or mayor in a press conference.

The Rev. Sharpton is not the villain of every event.

MSNBC

Sylvia Johnson, cousin of Pastor Pinckney

- he asked who t pastor was

- then, he sat next to him

- when t meeting ended, he began shooting
So was the Senator the real target? hmm

I awoke this morning to this horribly sad and devastating news.:(

My heart breaks everyday for our country and our people. So much hate coming from so many directions lately. It leaves our nation in such despair and turmoil.

One of our daughters, S-I-L and two little granddaughters live in Charleston.... a town they have always loved. She said its pretty much on lockdown now. She is worried there will be great unrest because of this senseless and depraved hate crime. She is worried that others not involved could be hurt.

God bless all the families who have endured such a tremendous loss. I was so worried that something like this may happen due to all the backlash and unrest lately. I truly never thought it would be in Charleston. It shows no city is spared when hate is in someone's heart.

I hope they find this murderer and give him the death penalty. Of course like most murderers like this they are cowards and usually take the cowardly way out by offing themselves.

The victims' families need to see this man face to face in a court of law where they get to watch his harsh punishment being handed down for what he has done. Anyone who does crimes against another race out of hate is a twisted evil person.

IMO

That is my concern, too. Though I believe long-time Charleston residents are smarter than that. It's the outsiders I'm afraid of who may come in trying to instigate and stir up trouble. The small number of protesters who blocked traffic on the Ravenel... My understanding is that they were not locals.

Can they not produce a better picture of the shooter? I can't find a source that will allow it to be enlarged to full screen or even near it. In the photos I can manage to see, he has unmistakably brown skin, especially on his left hand. It may be that the coloring is so off on the photos that he really is white - in which case, you'd think someone in the media would point out "although he appears to have very dark skin, that's attributed to the poor quality of the camera"

Someone on CNN suggested the same thing epiphany.

MAY be just barely noticeable in photo I'm seeing on MSNBC. Suspect is slender, and I don't know how thick or thin those vests could be, but looked like might be IDK. In the photo, almost looks like something, a clear rectangular shape, underneath sweatshirt, in his upper chest area.

OTOH, could just be sweatshirt folds, wrinkles

I don't know. I see that hair as being styled in a very precise bowl cut. I'm thinking there's a salon out there that would know him as a client.
About the grey shirt, could the yellow area be a hard rock cafe logo?

I can't imagine a man actually requesting that hair style. It's so odd, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove