SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The first EMS unit was dispatched at 9:25 a.m. and arrived at the scene at 9:41 a.m., according to the report released by SLED. An unidentified male driving an ATV reportedly meet the ambulance at the entrance of the property. A Colleton County Sheriff's Office unit was also dispatched.

Alex Murdaugh update: 911 call released on Gloria Satterfield death

I'm also wondering why SLED would release this recording now.

I was trying to explain what was known about this family to the people I work with this afternoon. It is an incredible story.

SLED did not choose to release it. Mandy Matney/FITS requested it through the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and were given the recording. The point being to demonstrate dogs are not mentioned at all as being involved in the accident and there is no barking, etc. heard on the call.

Last edited:
Could someone have opened the door to let Gloria in and the dog went out and knocked her down. mM may have put the dog back in the house, she supposedly loved dogs and may have tried protecting it.

Jmo

I looked for weather that day and can’t find wondered if there was ice that morning.

I was struck by Maggie telling dispatcher (about 2:35 in recording) that GS “just fell back down” and wanting to get off call; then later when questioned more on this, Paul says he was trying to hold her (GS) up (about 3:40) and she (MM?) says to “turn her loose” so GS fell back down. Falling again on bricks seems like it would exacerbate an already bad situation. MOO. Trying to picture this.

Agree Paul seems more concerned than Maggie. I missed that she didn’t want to touch her. I don’t get the trying to hold her up and then letting her fall again.

Interesting that GS fell up the stairs (I had been assuming she fell down from top), and they were the outside brick steps. I can see the dogs bounding down into her just at the time she was ascending, or sometimes dogs like to lie on a step with their back against the riser. If GS was attempting to avoid stepping on a sleeping dog and he started and moved, she could have tripped on him.

I hear the tone of call as PM and MM seeming maybe bewildered? They did sound oddly detached. MOO. MOO.

Also curious why SLED decided to release this recording. Wonder if they hoping for useful public feedback, or they are trying to release yet something else to satisfy public questioning that won’t jeopardize their investigations.

“…Oddly detached…” is a good way to describe MM and PM in this call.
They never say anything like “please hurry! She’s hurt bad!”. It was pretty shocking to me.

I've sort of stopped following these threads just because it makes me so angry the more and more that I see Alex has gotten away with for so long but the case still regularly pops up in my actual news feed as more more slowly comes out and more and more agencies turn against him so I just wanted to drop in and express my appreciation for the people here on websleuths who have actually uncovered a lot of the incogruencies that law enforcement and the prosecutors are starting to officially line up. That's the kind of thing this site can really accomplish.

I just hope that the buck doesn't stop with Alex and that he stays alive long enough to implicate other corrupt and powerful people. It's literally impossible he could have done even all the things we know about so far on his own.

And I guess one of my experiences was just the opposite.... I knew police were on the way... so the questioning really made me be more concise about the details of the crime.... Guess I felt I wanted to "be just like them when I grew up". Its a hard job...
I think our experiences were the same, but our reactions were different. ;) That was my point, though poorly made, I guess.

Edited to add: I sometimes edit the heck out of my reply before posting such that I don't realize I've deleted important parts. :oops: Essentially, I think we all react differently to situations; I don't like to judge someone based on what I would have done. (Not that I think anyone was doing that!)

Edited again :D: From reading the descriptions of MM and PM on the call, I realize there is more to it than their demeanor.

Last edited:
I don't know about being terrified. It's so prevalent through out that they don't seem to even care!
I was unable to open your link so instead did a search on google for attorneys that stole from their clients. It was an eye-opener! On the search results FIRST page, there were three different attorneys in TN listed who had stolen the settlements from their clients within the last five years.

Here's one who has already been disbarred THREE times. The article even warns you to check with the board before hiring an attorney.

Memphis attorney accused of stealing money from clients

Here's another one.

Local attorney accused of stealing settlement money from his clients
Exactly! They're like cockroaches and someone just turned on the kitchen light

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/12/01...deo-featured-in-murdaugh-documentary-trailer/

The freelance reporter who denied buying confidential court files for her upcoming documentary on the Murdaugh family has produced a three-minute trailer for the series that heavily features footage from the very same material she denies purchasing.

The trailer also includes multiple graphic photos of 19-year-old Beach taken in March 2019 when her body was found in a Beaufort County marsh one week after being thrown from a boat driven by the now-deceased Paul Murdaugh.

Those photos are ones that only the parties in the lawsuit have access to and have never been made public by law enforcement.

On the Satterfield call, I agree the standing her up and letting her fall back down thing seemed worrisome. I also had some difficulty understanding how she was bleeding from the TOP of the head and hit her head so hard she bled out her ear while falling up the stairs, but I guess that’s what happened. I do still wonder if medically the whole thing might have been caused by a medical incident like a stroke rather than the dogs. On the short tempers, I try to have a generous interpretation. JMO:
  • Maggie was on a landline at the start of the call. Likely because she believes that was the best way to expeditiously connect with 911 and have her address known etc. This meant she could not be with, care for or supervise the care of GS out front on the ground. I think she wanted to get out their and check on her and get a towel on her as instructed but that operator kept asking and repeating questions that were far less urgent and prevented her from going outside.
  • I think similarly Paul had his hands full. They were trying to help GS and provide first aid and the 911 operator wants to keep them talking which is distracting them from the task at hand. (Which may have also included corralling dogs… who knows).
  • I wonder if there was a caretaker out front on the atv or if that was Paul. Seemed likely a caretaker but ???

I think our experiences were the same, but our reactions were different. ;) That was my point, though poorly made, I guess.

Edited to add: I sometimes edit the heck out of my reply before posting such that I don't realize I've deleted important parts. :oops: Essentially, I think we all react differently to situations; I don't like to judge someone based on what I would have done. (Not that I think anyone was doing that!)

Edited again :D: From reading the descriptions of MM and PM on the call, I realize there is more to it than their demeanor.

Yeah, always different. I, truthfully, couldn't discern anything from their conversation with 911. Just seems sortof normal, since there are so many types of normal when having to make a 911 call....

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article256220552.html

... The case will be the second one [Judge Bentley] Price has heard related to the Murdaugh saga.
In late July, Price ruled that the S.C. Law Enforcement Division, the state agency investigating the killings of Murdaugh’s wife and son on June 7, did not violate the Freedom of Information Act by heavily redacting police reports related to their deaths.
Price said SLED blacked out much of the information “in good faith,” to protect the integrity of the investigation.
The lawsuit was brought by the Charleston Post and Courier and has since been dismissed.

I'm NOT liking the Satterfield case being transferred to this judge. I don't think "good faith" had anything to do with SLED's blacked-out, double-murder police report.

Also, the fact that MM's autopsy report has never been released but PM's was sends up red flags. This double murder case has been shrouded in almost total secrecy right out of the gate. What are they hiding?

(I thought any and all cases related to AM were handled by Judge Clifton Newman?)

JMO

Last edited:
“…Oddly detached…” is a good way to describe MM and PM in this call.
They never say anything like “please hurry! She’s hurt bad!”. It was pretty shocking to me.
I totally agree with it being SHOCKING there is no expressed urgency for help to come quickly and no dogs mentioned in call.

In Elley’s post #362 …

Alex Murdaugh update: 911 call released on Gloria Satterfield death

… the author writes that Gloria attempted to get up herself but fell again. (At time when MM wants to get off 911 call.)

I am very curious about what really happened — trying to mentally picture the physics of falling up the stairs in such a way to “crack” the top of your head badly enough to cause significant bleeding. How is it she falls up but ends up on the concrete at bottom of stairs? How would her body move (tumble?) in the fall to break her ribs? Why would she try to get up if she was badly hurt? (Does Lowcountry SC even get ice in winter?)

In my home there is an atypical relationship between the height of risers and depth of treads on two sets of interior staircases and I have fallen a number of times both descending and ascending the stairs. With this first-hand experience, I haven’t been able to picture G’s body’s motions to result with her alleged injuries.

This may sound far fetched, but with GM trying to get up off the concrete and her injuries as described, I am coming up with a physical fight situation, maybe with blunt force and pushing. MOO, MOO, MOO!

I might be confused and therefore concerned about Price becoming judge on Satterfield cases. Wasn’t the point of Judge Newman being assigned all-things Murdaugh by SC Supreme Court to get Murdaugh cases heard outside 14th district where the Ms have had decades of influence and to maximize objectivity?

Edit: Like Lux, I am NOT HAPPY about Price over Newman. I was very impressed by Judge Newman. I feel like anything that happens in 14th district can’t be clean — too many paths for influence.

Last edited:
On the Satterfield call, I agree the standing her up and letting her fall back down thing seemed worrisome. I also had some difficulty understanding how she was bleeding from the TOP of the head and hit her head so hard she bled out her ear while falling up the stairs, but I guess that’s what happened. I do still wonder if medically the whole thing might have been caused by a medical incident like a stroke rather than the dogs. On the short tempers, I try to have a generous interpretation. JMO:
  • Maggie was on a landline at the start of the call. Likely because she believes that was the best way to expeditiously connect with 911 and have her address known etc. This meant she could not be with, care for or supervise the care of GS out front on the ground. I think she wanted to get out their and check on her and get a towel on her as instructed but that operator kept asking and repeating questions that were far less urgent and prevented her from going outside.
  • I think similarly Paul had his hands full. They were trying to help GS and provide first aid and the 911 operator wants to keep them talking which is distracting them from the task at hand. (Which may have also included corralling dogs… who knows).
  • I wonder if there was a caretaker out front on the atv or if that was Paul. Seemed likely a caretaker but ???
Apparently sometimes people will be climbing stairs or walking down the road and their skulls will just spontaneously fracture. Who knew? Seems like it happens a lot around the Murdaughs. Weird.

VERY INTERESTING!
Lots of information on the progression of GS’s condition after her fall as her son revealed through his FB postings, and Mandy’s analysis of and questions about the 911 recording from Feb. 2.

GS improved at hospital and was able to talk, even provided her SS# during admission. She had surgery for broken ribs. Much of what’s discussed in podcast is a surprise after what we’ve heard up to now.

What happened to Gloria Satterfield? Part five. | Murdaugh Murders Podcast, 1 Dec. 2021

‎Murdaugh Murders Podcast: What Happened To Gloria Satterfield? Part Five on Apple Podcasts

SLED did not choose to release it. Mandy Matney/FITS requested it through the FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) and were given the recording. The point being to demonstrate dogs are not mentioned at all as being involved in the accident and there is no barking, etc. heard on the call.

I missed that completely. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member