SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been thinking about the weapon and bullets that killed MM. do we know if they recovered actual bullets? This gun that is supposedly missing from their collection is a big hole as these things don't just get up and walk around.
There have been no reports that bullets were recovered. However, the types of murder weapons have been reported, which makes me think they must have recovered some sort of bullet evidence in order to make those determinations.

Maggie was shot multiple times with a high-powered rifle.

[…]

Paul was killed with a shotgun […] with one round of birdshot and one round of buckshot.

There have been no reports that bullets were recovered. However, the types of murder weapons have been reported, which makes me think they must have recovered some sort of bullet evidence in order to make those determinations.

[…]

Paul was killed with a shotgun […] with one round of birdshot and one round of buckshot.
Those determinations could have been made from empty shell casings left at the scene.

That’s what I was getting to with my question and this supposed missing gun.
“Maggie was shot multiple times, including in the back, with a different gun, and cases of a type of ammunition known as 300 Blackout were found nearby, according to two people familiar with the situation. The family owned an AR-15 style rifle that can use that type of ammunition but it wasn’t recovered at the scene or turned over for inspection, the people said.”

A lawsuit by the insurance company that paid off an allegedly bogus claim by lawyer Alex Murdaugh after the death of his housekeeper cites Murdaugh’s “depravity” and alleges new details of an alleged scheme he cooked up with another lawyer and a banker.

“The scope of Murdaugh’s depravity is without precedent in Western jurisprudence,” asserts the lawsuit filed Wednesday in federal court by Nautilus Insurance Company:

▪ Murdaugh pressured Nautilus to settle the claim, threatening a suit for bad faith against Nautilus if it refused to pay policy limits.

▪ Murdaugh was abusive toward the Nautilus adjuster handling the claim and demanded Nautilus pay its full policy limits, threatening that if the case against him were filed and went to trial, he would admit liability before a jury — which would expose the insurance company to a high verdict against it.

▪ Immediately after Satterfield’s fall on Feb. 2, 2018, Murdaugh “rushed to the scene,” got there before the EMS and began telling everyone that Satterfield had briefly regained consciousness, “during which time she stated that Murdaugh’s dogs had caused her to fall. This statement was heard by no one else and is contradicted by Ms. Satterfield’s later statement to hospital staff that she had no idea what made her fall,” the lawsuit said.

▪ After Satterfield died, Murdaugh began to claim that Satterfield was at his property that day, not to perform work for Murdaugh and his family, but to collect a check for work performed for someone else, thus avoiding a worker’s compensation defense.” That apparently would have resulted in cutting Murdaugh and his associates out of the loop in any future compensation payments.

▪ Murdaugh also began to tell “multiple third parties in Hampton County that he was liable for Gloria Satterfield’s fall and ultimate death, an admission against interest that all but ensured that there could be no challenge to (Murdaugh’s) liability, and securing his ability to force Nautilus to contribute settlement funds that Murdaugh and the co-conspirators stole,” the lawsuit said.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article261348037.html#storylink=cpy

Highly recommend — a lot of expert input.
Me too!

Hello all. I just knew the folks at Websleuths would be on top of the evidence in this case. Nancy Grace's podcast, High Velocity Spatter Place Lawyer Alex Murdaugh At Grisly Murder? is excellent. I am impressed with expert input and expert commentary by Joseph Morgan, MFS, F-ABMDI and Shari Schwartz, PhD.

Joseph Morgan did an excellent job explaining the blood (or fluids) spatter. "If you got blood spatter, you are 3 feet or less to the point of impact, bullet to body." ~ Nancy Grace

Plus, Shari Schwartz pointed out the weaknesses in Alex's 911 call. Surely the electronic forensic data is revealing. It begs the question, "Why is there no arrest"?

A lawsuit by the insurance company that paid off an allegedly bogus claim by lawyer Alex Murdaugh after the death of his housekeeper cites Murdaugh’s “depravity” and alleges new details of an alleged scheme he cooked up with another lawyer and a banker.

“The scope of Murdaugh’s depravity is without precedent in Western jurisprudence,” asserts the lawsuit filed Wednesday in federal court by Nautilus Insurance Company:

▪ Murdaugh pressured Nautilus to settle the claim, threatening a suit for bad faith against Nautilus if it refused to pay policy limits.

▪ Murdaugh was abusive toward the Nautilus adjuster handling the claim and demanded Nautilus pay its full policy limits, threatening that if the case against him were filed and went to trial, he would admit liability before a jury — which would expose the insurance company to a high verdict against it.

▪ Immediately after Satterfield’s fall on Feb. 2, 2018, Murdaugh “rushed to the scene,” got there before the EMS and began telling everyone that Satterfield had briefly regained consciousness, “during which time she stated that Murdaugh’s dogs had caused her to fall. This statement was heard by no one else and is contradicted by Ms. Satterfield’s later statement to hospital staff that she had no idea what made her fall,” the lawsuit said.

▪ After Satterfield died, Murdaugh began to claim that Satterfield was at his property that day, not to perform work for Murdaugh and his family, but to collect a check for work performed for someone else, thus avoiding a worker’s compensation defense.” That apparently would have resulted in cutting Murdaugh and his associates out of the loop in any future compensation payments.

▪ Murdaugh also began to tell “multiple third parties in Hampton County that he was liable for Gloria Satterfield’s fall and ultimate death, an admission against interest that all but ensured that there could be no challenge to (Murdaugh’s) liability, and securing his ability to force Nautilus to contribute settlement funds that Murdaugh and the co-conspirators stole,” the lawsuit said.

Read more at: https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article261348037.html#storylink=cpy
Wow! This is so interesting (and outrageous) as it provides a lot of details we hadn’t heard before (at least I hadn’t), like GS was able to communicate with medical staff at hospital, and AM defined the story before EMTs arrived.

From what I recall reading it sounded like GS fell and never really regained consciousness — or was too impaired to really communicate.

What is stunning is that Alex was so quick on his feet. He immediately sprung into action when this opportunity arose — I mean arriving before the ambulance with a story all concocted. :eek:Just amazing.

Last edited:
How awful. How very awful to treat a terrible accident, ending in the death of someone who was "like family" as an opportunity for profit. Especially when this opportunity includes ripping off the actual family of that person. Who trusted you, and subsequently lost their home for lack of funds. I am shocked again, even though I have been reading about these people for nearly twelve months. AM is so dark, so evil.

How awful. How very awful to treat a terrible accident, ending in the death of someone who was "like family" as an opportunity for profit. Especially when this opportunity includes ripping off the actual family of that person. Who trusted you, and subsequently lost their home for lack of funds. I am shocked again, even though I have been reading about these people for nearly twelve months. AM is so dark, so evil.

I'm not so sure it was a "terrible accident". He could have pushed her down the steps, then "arrived" before EMS, and claimed that she conveniently (for him) regained consciousness long enough to tell him that his dogs were responsible for her fall.

The death was not reported to the coroner’s office, and no autopsy was done.

I wonder if Maggie and/or Paul were aware of the shady circumstances around Gloria's death and the insurance claim.

Omg, so he became a lawyer, not to help his clients but to help himself to their money, rob their dependants, and swindle insurance companies. What a low life. Moo.

I'm not so sure it was a "terrible accident". He could have pushed her down the steps, then "arrived" before EMS, and claimed that she conveniently (for him) regained consciousness long enough to tell him that his dogs were responsible for her fall.

I wonder if Maggie and/or Paul were aware of the shady circumstances around Gloria's death and the insurance claim.
I don't think Alex was on Satterfield 911 call with Maggie and Paul.

The Saturday, Feb. 2, 2018, “accident” also happened the last weekend of Wofford College interim break. We don’t know what we don’t know. OMO. There could be lots of twists and turns and surprises. We just don’t know enough. MOO. MOO. MOO.

Last edited:

Yes! This is possible in my opinion. Just like he “arrived” to find MM and PM. Very timely arrival. (Sarcasm)
AND, poor woman, all she could say was “ the dogs are responsible“.
NOT Believable in my opinion.

[…]

This article mentions recovering shell casings at the scene.

"Additionally, the reports state investigators located shell casings at the scene. The exact number was redacted, and no information has been officially released about the type of firearm(s) used or the number of guns used."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heypig06