SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! To what end? Are they hoping to charge Alex with her suspected/possible(probable?) murder? Why not spend time and energy solving the murders we KNOW happened? :confused:

Add to that the fact that everyone there, all after the fact witnesses, are dead….except Alex.
These are just my thoughts:
-Exhumations are not done just for the heck of it. You don’t disturb the dead and upset their families on a whim. There is some real reason LE feels they need to look further at the body.
.-Perhaps some of her injuries didn’t seem consistent with falling backwards down some steps. The dry medical reports might not tell everything but interviews with doctors and nurses might have brought up suspicions.
-An attempt to put an end to wild speculation. Hopefully the results will tell us either she fell and Alex took advantage, or Alex needed money, again, and manufactured the situation.

“According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.”

“The (subdural hematoma) was evaluated to not be operable,” the report said. “Doctors also suspected but never located a bowel perforation. She developed a pleural effusion and already had the partially collapsed left lung. She had bilateral chest drains. There is charting by radiology to the effect that at one point her endotracheal tube was positioned too far in (touching the carina) and that an arterial line was in the wrong place, both of which eventually were rectified. Basically she had several severe injuries being managed which together created a greater risk of a downward decline. After a few days she was moved out of the ICU, she appeared by nurse observation to be doing better, then she declined, and was returned to the ICU and eventually placed on a ventilator. She developed a pneumonia of unknown origin; although doctors were aware of sinusitis they never diagnosed the source of pneumonia. She developed fluid in her lungs and had a heart attack and coded. She appears to have sustained anoxic brain injury and went into a deep coma.”

Wow! To what end? Are they hoping to charge Alex with her suspected/possible(probable?) murder? Why not spend time and energy solving the murders we KNOW happened? :confused:
If she was murdered, doesn't she deserve justice as well? From following other cases, LE needs to prove to a judge that there is reasonable suspicion that a homicide was committed to get a body exhumed. And SLED was prepared to go to a judge. Moo.

From StarryStarryNight's post above: “According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.”

Left-sided posterior rib fractures and a right-sided head injury. Trying to picture a scenario where this makes sense in terms of mechanism of injuries. The only way to align this with a trip-and-fall is a somersaulting motion - highly unlikely. What DOES make sense to me is a forceful push from the left / behind (rib fx.) propelling her forward and to the right into a solid object (head injury) OR the reverse - blow to the head propelling / falling to the left and back.

From StarryStarryNight's post above: “According to a 2018 report from attorney Scott Wallinger, who was hired by Lloyds of London to represent Alex Murdaugh in the case, Gloria sustained a right-sided head laceration, a right-sided subdural hematoma, a traumatic brain injury, multiple left-side posterior rib fractures, a partially collapsed lung and a plumonary contusion.”

Left-sided posterior rib fractures and a right-sided head injury. Trying to picture a scenario where this makes sense in terms of mechanism of injuries. The only way to align this with a trip-and-fall is a somersaulting motion - highly unlikely. What DOES make sense to me is a forceful push from the left / behind (rib fx.) propelling her forward and to the right into a solid object (head injury) OR the reverse - blow to the head propelling / falling to the left and back.
Also, later in the article they mention a “suspected bowel perforation”. Would that be from a fall?

Also, later in the article they mention a “suspected bowel perforation”. Would that be from a fall?
Doubtful- my experience is it is a not uncommon complication of someone with serious injuries and a feeding tube (my assumption as she was intubated). Trauma and hypoxia can cause the bowel lining to become fragile- poke it the wrong way with a tube- or even just spontaneously esp. if she had diverticulosis - it can develop a hole.

These sorts of injuries might also result from a brutal beating that included a stomping. (I'm not saying that this happened here, but I can certainly understand why SLED wants to re-examine her remains. I find Alex's explanation for her demise to be wildly improbable.)

Cody Alcorn is the news anchor for Fox Carolina in Greenville SC.

View attachment 347595
MOO: She was forcefully pushed. MOO. But not sure how that could be determined just from an autopsy without crime scene evidence.

They should confirm besides MM and PM, who else was there and question them. Farm staff? Other family members? We know there was someone at the property gate who was going to flag down the ambulance.

I think all the deaths are important. Hope they will exhume SS, too.

Last edited:
MOO: She was forcefully pushed. MOO. But not sure how that could be determined just from an autopsy without crime scene evidence.

They should confirm besides MM and PM, who else was there and question them. Farm staff? Other family members? We know there was someone at the property gate who was going to flag down the ambulance.

I think all the deaths are important. Hope they will exhume SS, too.

You could be right. Alex didn’t need to kill her to run his usual scam he just needed to disable her.

I put nothing, and I mean nothing, past ol' AM. And while him shoving her purposely down the steps is certainly a possibility, I wonder if perhaps this wasn't more of a case of daddy swooping in to cover up a misdeed by son Paul? Perhaps there was alcohol involved or who knows what and Alex seized an opportunity to take advantage of the situation to line his pockets. Another possibility is that it seemed like Gloria got out of the ICU and was improving and then all of a sudden took a turn for the worse. Maybe she was going to tell the truth of what happened? Or it benefited somebody more for her to be dead?

I just remember that other poor soul that got involved with these grifters whose ventilator was "accidentally" unplugged...

I put nothing, and I mean nothing, past ol' AM. And while him shoving her purposely down the steps is certainly a possibility, I wonder if perhaps this wasn't more of a case of daddy swooping in to cover up a misdeed by son Paul? Perhaps there was alcohol involved or who knows what and Alex seized an opportunity to take advantage of the situation to line his pockets. Another possibility is that it seemed like Gloria got out of the ICU and was improving and then all of a sudden took a turn for the worse. Maybe she was going to tell the truth of what happened? Or it benefited somebody more for her to be dead?

I just remember that other poor soul that got involved with these grifters whose ventilator was "accidentally" unplugged...
Nobody has mentioned if Buster was around. That year on Sat., Feb. 2, Wofford College was still on a break between sessions. Was he at Moselle? Did he witness the fall? Does he know who (farm staff? neighbors?) was around besides Maggie and Paul? Has LE talked with him?

I don’t think we know.

I am not sleuthing him, I’m just reminding everyone that in 2018 there were four in the subject nuclear Murdaugh family.

Last edited:
Attorney for Alex Murdaugh dies … | FitsNEWS, 3 June 2022

Charleston attorney John H. Tiller — who represented Alex Murdaugh in the 2019 boat crash case — died early Monday after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Tiller, who was known for his extraordinary kindness and indisputable work ethic, was in the courtroom right up until the end.

“He was a good friend and a good attorney,” said Allendale attorney Mark Tinsley of Gooding and Gooding. Tinsley represents the family of Mallory Beach, who was killed in a boat crash more than three years ago.

Alex Murdaugh’s son Paul, who was 19 at the time, was charged with three felony counts of boating under the influence in the crash. The boat belonged to Alex Murdaugh, who is a co-defendant in the case along with his son Buster, whose license Paul used to purchase alcohol that night.

Tiller had been a member of Alex and Buster’s legal team in the case since June 2019.

After Alex Murdaugh’s roadside shooting incident in September — and after his former law firm Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick said he had stolen millions from them and clients — Murdaugh’s team dwindled, leaving just Tiller…. <snipped>

Bullseye! My instant thought exactly.

Not to mention, remember AM allegedly "arrived" at the house before EMS. Where, exactly, had he been to achieve that feat? Already somewhere on the property, hiding, after pushing / hitting GS in the head?

Given his long, sordid history, I think it's extremely likely he killed her. JMO

ETA: Also remember that no coroner was ever notified and no autopsy was ever done. WHY?
At that time, AM was a law unto himself - whatever he demanded he received. At this point, I'm guessing AM is guilty of at least three murders ... JMO.

Last edited:
Federal Judge Denies Alex Murdaugh’s Request To Block Release Of Jailhouse Calls

State Sen. Dick Harpootlian and Jim Griffin have failed to convince a judge that any further release of their client’s jailhouse calls would be considered a violation of federal wiretapping laws, according to a strongly worded order issued last week.

The order denies Alex Murdaugh‘s request for a preliminary injunction and now puts the ball in Richland County’s court to make good on its promise to release the calls upon this very decision.

Judge’s order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member