SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me -

We still don't have enough information to know if there even were any "invaders". While in college, I accidentally left my apartment door open countless times.
That's true. I'd imagine surveillance will tell the story.

If I'd have been your mother, my hair would have turned prematurely grey!

Well, who knows if it’s legit. But with a complete blackout of official information, we are left to ponder these snippets of supposed information leaked to the press.

If it’s true, and she was forced to the scene, it does suggest a number of different possible scenarios.First one I think of…she didn’t need to be killed, because she wasn’t at the scene. So her killing was deliberate and not just wrong place, wrong time.
Yes, and if Paul didn't produce what they were looking for or demand, by forcing her to look at the scene may move her to give them what they wanted?
If this is true it really changes things.I always figured she just happened to be there and was killed because she was a witness.But it seems they wanted her dead just as much as Paul.It was pure torture to have to either witness her son's murder or see his dead body.This person/persons really wanted to make her suffer.
That begs the question: who fed the media that she was an innocent bystander ? (or however it was written).
MOO
Hmmmm.......

Just another weird detail. Obviously, there is no Sept 31. But does no one proof read at this high powered law firm? A reward for a senior partner’s murdered wife and son might be something that might cause some extra attention to detail before submitting for publication.

But odder than that…is the deadline. So after September, no reward? If you can’t help on OUR schedule…then we aren’t interested? In my humble opinion, this is bizarre.

It’s like they have to control everything…even the timetable to solve the murders.
Exactly.
And this absolutely makes no sense what so ever...

Could be true, MM could have been in the house maybe fixing dinner getting ready for AM to get back from hospital when the shotgun blast rang out running out to check to get run down the driveway towards the entrance. Then drug back on the property.
I hate to think of it like that, but that is very plausible.

I'm with you on someone picking up Paul at his apartment (leaving the door open), and someone forcing at least his mother to walk to the kennels, but, from what I've read, the older brother has a connection with Stephen. Paul wouldn't necessarily know about evidence of Stephen's murder.

"According to the investigation file, Buster was rumored to have been linked to Stephen — intimately — but detectives never proved this connection."
‘A Slap In the Face’: Update In The Stephen Smith Case And Murdaugh Murders
However if Paul was there then there is a connection.

Yes, and if Paul didn't produce what they were looking for or demand, by forcing her to look at the scene may move her to give them what they wanted?

That begs the question: who fed the media that she was an innocent bystander ? (or however it was written).
MOO
Hmmmm.......

I have an opinion in regard to that statement that there are ‘no enemies.’

I think this family’s power, wealth, and prominence created this false narrative in their minds.

I’m sure everyone at the Yacht Club wanted to be their ‘friend’, be invited to their parties, benefit if they could from the social connection.

And the’ little people’ who worked for them or waited on them in shops and restaurants..,probably smiled and appeared just delighted to serve them.

But what we are seeing in anonymous comments across the internet is a lot of pent-up animosity…whether deserved or not.

I think it really came to a head with MB’s death. I think there had been gossip about SS but now there was no escaping that a Murdaugh was actually involved in this girl’s death. And whether his hands were on the throttle or not, his drunken behavior was odious. Maybe too many locals had run into ‘Timmy?”

And suddenly the outrage merged. The suspicion of the housekeeper’s death could be thrown in to add fuel to fire. People could see what looked like special treatment, whether the family managed it legally or not. PM was just the carefree college kid…still driving the boat…still able to travel..fun times!

I doubt anyone confronted the family over this…they just continued to think they were well-liked, PM was so popular, they all had so many friends. IMO they must be stunned at how others perceived them…going back years.

But these murders, whether related or random, have now burst that protective bubble…obviously not at first, when they gave that interview. But they can read these articles, the quotes, the disdain. I think they must be stunned.

And sadly, no matter how nice MM was…she was part of all this alleged unfairness and special privilege. There may have been equal anger at her if the killings were related to these events/rumors from the past.

All just opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members