SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That thought crossed my mind. I'm wondering if he drove to Moselle not expecting anyone there, and saw 2 figures (probably in rain jackets and hats) and with the darkness and rain, he mistook them for trespassers and maybe he shot at them? That's a far out theory and there are many arguements against it but it has crossed my mind several times.
He being a lawyer he probably didn't.

When I look up that address it comes up as a LLC business. Most google hits say a lawyer some say its Tours-Operators & Promoters. I get the first, the second (from Yellow Pages) is confusing.

Put the address in Google maps - you can see an aerial view of a house with a pool off in the trees with the driveway under tree cover.

I've been around a long time....seen so much that I readily admit I am often skeptical and sometimes cynical. I've been shocked, hurt, angry, sad to the point of tears and likewise frustrated. I've been right and I've been wrong. A chronic overthinker, I've made mistakes in judgment of both the innocent and the guilty. I've also judged correctly but felt no better for it. I've walked away from active sleuthing for months, only to return and then decide I still needed more time. I've grieved for the victims and grieved for the wrongly accused. I've followed cases loosely and closely and a few times obsessively, long before our "likes" were counted in stats.

There is no shame here.

Do you think PM could have been living at the Hampton address and that is why they checked it for reports?
My guess is that he hadn’t changed his address on his DL. Since two people shot LE needed to see if maybe the killers had
caused some harm there too or went there first thinking the M’s were there. I can’t help thinking they were out for AM too. Or it was to be a powerful message to AM.

And maybe he wasn’t planning on changing address. Looks like the Hampton home wasn’t sold in the normal way-transferred or now a business-possibly family member. Both cars were in the law firm’s name. I guess PM & MM felt safe at the hunting lodge.

And maybe he wasn’t planning on changing address. Looks like the Hampton home wasn’t sold in the normal way-transferred or now a business-possibly family member. Both cars were in the law firm’s name. I guess PM & MM felt safe at the hunting lodge.

Yes...there are multiple properties listed for AM and MM, individually, in both Colleton and Hampton.
It appears the Holly Street address in Hampton was transferred to an LLC called, "Murdaugh Charters LLC." It is categorized under legal services and was incorporated in 2007.

Found this

Arrests made in arson, armed robbery cases

Michael David List, 40, of 2304 Cross Swamp Road, Islandton, is facing arson charges after previously being arrested on five counts of failure to pay laborers. List appeared before municipal judge John Stanley Thursday for a bond hearing.
According to warrants, List allegedly sprayed flammable liquids on the furniture and the walls of the Murdaugh residence and then attempted to ignite the dwelling.
I wonder if he didn't receive payment for a job so he couldn't pay his workers. JMO.

I've been around a long time....seen so much that I readily admit I am often skeptical and sometimes cynical. I've been shocked, hurt, angry, sad to the point of tears and likewise frustrated. I've been right and I've been wrong. A chronic overthinker, I've made mistakes in judgment of both the innocent and the guilty. I've also judged correctly but felt no better for it. I've walked away from active sleuthing for months, only to return and then decide I still needed more time. I've grieved for the victims and grieved for the wrongly accused. I've followed cases loosely and closely and a few times obsessively, long before our "likes" were counted in stats.

There is no shame here.

Logged in to thank you and this post, I find it hard to put into words how I feel but you did it for me.

I have not and will not listen to AM, my ❤️ is broken for him.

On the CAD command log in the space where it asks “use caution?” they entered “no”. I don’t get it.

Was wondering about that, too. My interpretation was that it means the situation is no longer active — like in no active shooting, no hostages, no suspects lurking, etc.

But why would they make that judgement? Like we have all been
wondering, it seems that no one would know if the shooters were still around hiding in the dark shadows or in the woods.

The “no” seems premature.

JMO.

Do you think PM could have been living at the Hampton address and that is why they checked it for reports?
Yes, that and because AM had it listed as his address so LE would probably look there for any electronics PM or AM would have had there. They'd most likely have asked AM for access to the address or got a warrant.

Regarding anything AM said during the frantic 911 call, my opinion is that it should be taken as someone who was in shock at the time. I base this on tragic events that I personally participated in. A few years back my son was serving in the Middle East with the US military, one evening there was a knock on the door (just like the movies).
It was a chaplain and an officer who proceeded to tell us that our son lost his life do to an enemy road side bomb.
The shock was surreal, They wanted us to sit and listen....I couldn’t and immediately started calling friends and family wanting to come immediately. The two military men were frustrated because they needed info from us...unbelievably, at one point I had a crazy notion that these two guys were imposters and something told me in my head wanted me to ask to see their ID ! Thankfully I suppressed that notion (I am normally a calm, unemotional person.
My point is, when people are in shock they say and do things that are off kilter.
My opinion is to not put much logic into AM’s statements or words in the 911 call.

What a terrible loss you have suffered. You have my deepest sympathy — I know you must be absolutely heart broken and still suffering everyday. Hope in time you will find peace.

My guess is that he hadn’t changed his address on his DL. Since two people shot LE needed to see if maybe the killers had
caused some harm there too or went there first thinking the M’s were there. I can’t help thinking they were out for AM too. Or it was to be a powerful message to AM.

So is that what that line means? LE went to the Holly house to check it out as part of initial investigation, even though AM had identified Moselle as the crime site and the place where he was when he called 911?

No. The Murdaughs sold the Holly st house in 2020. Discussed earlier in the thread.

Do you know where I may find the information about that sale? I know that it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't recall where the proof was obtained. It appears the property is still listed as, "Murdaugh Charters LLC."

Do you know where I may find the information about that sale? I know that it was mentioned earlier in the thread but I don't recall where the proof was obtained. It appears the property is still listed as, "Murdaugh Charters LLC."
If you try searching this site for Murdaugh property you will find it. Best to use the search function so that you can access what folks already researched.

I think this is an Msm link to it from thread 3 but my ad B loc ker is blocking the article. Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge.

undoubtedly there are other records searches too. As I recall the buyers were last name Brown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ty1220