SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: @MassGuy's WSJ story post above -

AM allegedly took a nap, did not see either MM or PM on the way out the door then went to visit his mother, who has DEMENTIA. Depending on the severity of her disease, would she be considered a "reliable" witness in his timeline defense? She might be of NO assistance as a corroborating material witness to AM if she doesn't remember his visit at all! AM's "ironclad alibi", indeed. The tangled webs we weave.

I think vehicle and phone data will provide plenty of info. Whether it supports his alibi is a different story.

I'm imagine there's video sources out there as well

Last edited:
Most likely if she had severe dementia she would have one or two care givers with her who would have said when AM arrived to visit his mother and when he left. On the other hand, they may have been intimidated into giving false information to LE. I agree that he mother would not be a corroborating witness.
Or anything they have to say could be all moot anyway. It all depends on when AM got up from his nap to drive over to his Mom's. It's a short drive, is it not? Of course if AM and MM were living there at Moselle with him they could have attested to it, if they were still alive.

When he actually returned to Moselle would depend on when he left his Mom's. It would seem if anyone working at his Mom's could give AM an "iron clad" alibi for the 9:00-9:30 time line for the murders, he'd have had his brothers or he himself would have broadcast that specifically. Don't you think?

@MassGuy
One reason for a doctor determining her death as natural would be “if they’re not aware of the fall, ... not aware of the circumstances,” Watts said.

IMO - being a medical transcriptionist for 31 years and involved with Coroner’s Office as well - it is ludicrous to believe the doctor was not aware of the fall or circumstances. The whole point of an Admission History and Physical is to get a history and physical. Right?
I don't think a massive head injury that causes the victim to never regain talkable consciousness in three weeks time would be hard to miss? Maybe these doctors should be investigating themselves, for answers to be provided to her family about why "natural" was filled in?

It could just have been in error? But then I'd think the insurance company paying out millions would have caught that error? Was she put into an induced coma because of her brain injury and then died from heart failure, kidney failure? So many questions never posed or answered, wonder why?

Snipped

The negative attention that this has brought to the community and to our firm is regrettable.

PMPED Law Firm | Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth, Detrick

I was not aware that “the community” was receiving negative attention.

If anything the community is fearful of pmped & the murdaughs.

It’s not them- It’s you pmped

Jmo

I’ve noticed this past week that my local and regional news sources aren’t mentioning this case anymore, including one fairly near me in South Carolina. I’m not in that state but we typically hear the news because I’m just one state north.

The coverage around here was all over the news when they happened, even the entire “suitcide” scam and its immediate aftermath. Now the upstate South Carolina news outlets have dropped it (the ones I have seen). I suppose they’re waiting for more from LE and don’t want to get into the nitty gritty of the cases.

This corruption impacts so many people and communities and is somewhat typical in that state, so it needs better coverage.

moo

I can't link it because it's not MSM, but there is an IG called laurenisafox who interviewed Will Folks 3 days ago. She's an attorney in SC. She's wearing a jean shirt in the post with the interview and currently, it's the 4th post.

Fleming, according to his Linkedin and attorney profiles, joined the firm in 1996 after working two years as an assistant solicitor for the 14th Judicial Circuit Solicitor’s Office under former Solicitor Randolph Murdaugh III — Murdaugh’s father.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article254464968.html

Fleming spoke at Randolph’s Order of the Palmetto ceremony in 2018 and he represented Paul when he was charged with possession of alcohol in 2017, according to previous reporting.

“He could have his license impacted either through suspension or, ultimately, he could lose his license,” he said. “Two things we learned in law school: Never lie to your client, never steal from your client. If you do, you’re going to lose your ticket.”

The accusations against Fleming have also renewed interest in another lawyer who used to work for Moss, Kuhn & Fleming and the solicitor’s office.

Kimberly Smith, a former assistant solicitor with the 14th Circuit Solicitor’s Office, was fired last year after being disbarred by the S.C. State Supreme Court for lying to clients while working for Moss, Kuhn & Fleming.

Beaufort attorney disbarred

https://sclawyersweekly.com/news/2020/10/14/beaufort-attorney-disbarred/

@MassGuy
One reason for a doctor determining her death as natural would be “if they’re not aware of the fall, ... not aware of the circumstances,” Watts said.

IMO - being a medical transcriptionist for 31 years and involved with Coroner’s Office as well - it is ludicrous to believe the doctor was not aware of the fall or circumstances. The whole point of an Admission History and Physical is to get a history and physical. Right?

Would this suggest the coroner was paid off too? Or the reports were tampered with?

ETA-typo

Or anything they have to say could be all moot anyway. It all depends on when AM got up from his nap to drive over to his Mom's. It's a short drive, is it not? Of course if AM and MM were living there at Moselle with him they could have attested to it, if they were still alive.

When he actually returned to Moselle would depend on when he left his Mom's. It would seem if anyone working at his Mom's could give AM an "iron clad" alibi for the 9:00-9:30 time line for the murders, he'd have had his brothers or he himself would have broadcast that specifically. Don't you think?

Are we thinking the nap story has came about to better fit a victim time of death?

I am not surprised the Feds are involved, hopefully they'll do the right thing.

I'm kind of sick of talking about AM, he can rot in a jail cell until his last breath as far as I'm concerned. The fact that he's sitting in a posh rehab on a ROR bond makes my blood boil.

This is really about the murders of Paul and Maggie. Someone needs to held accountable, and I believe it's close to home.

Mallory, Steven and Gloria's cases also need justice.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members