SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did AM inherit money when dad died - has that info been released?

I understand NOW after hearing the Judge’s explanation on allowing it was showing why CW asked “did you know $792,000 missing money” etc b/c defense asked can they think of any reason why AM would murder son/wife - he was making point they did not know a lot of financial reasons. Somehow I missed that was tying all that together.

https://twitter.com/AveryGWilks

Court is back in session.

Judge Newman begins by explaining why he allowed the state to ask the final witness yesterday about the financial issues. He says Murdaugh's defense team opened that door by turning the previous witness, Rogan Gibson, into a "character witness" …

.. by asking him if he could think of any reason why Alex would kill Maggie and Paul. (Gibson said he couldn't think of any). Newman says that allowed the state to ask the next witness if the financial crimes could have provided that motive.

Newman now explains why he overruled Murdaugh's objection, when Griffin rose and said "totally inappropriate." "Totally inappropriate" is not a legal basis for an objection, Newman says. It's not an objection at all, he said.

Newman is now explaining prior case law regarding the admission of info about a defendant's other crimes. He says the test is whether the other criminality is logically related to the crime in question.

Defense attorney Jim Griffin stands. He disagrees with Judge Newman’s assertion that the defense “opened the door” for the financial crimes to come in by asking Rogan Gibson if he could think of any circumstance in which Alex Murdaugh would kill his wife and son.

Newman says he plans to have a separate hearing outside the jury's presence to discuss which financial evidence, if any, might be admitted.

I have noticed Buster smiling a lot in the background. Not once, many times. I just noticed it in the shot immediately after WL identified AM’s voice and pointed to him in the courtroom. If you look, he is smiling. IMOO, it is an ‘I’m enjoying this, this is fun‘ type smile— NOT a hanging your head and shaking it, “that is ridiculous, I can’t believe he said that” smile.
Before that, I had wondered about the smiles. Again, my opinion only, but I am thinking that BM wanted to believe his dad was innocent, but as the evidence quickly becomes clear, he wants him to pay for his crimes, and NOT get away with it for once. He has lived with his narcissis his whole life and is probably tired of it AM being able manipulate people. Anyway, look for the smiles and smirks.
I have noticed them also and had the same thought process as you describe. I'm on the fence as to what those looks may mean, in the scheme of things. BM is probably a great poker player. AJMO

Did AM inherit money when dad died - has that info been released?

I understand NOW after hearing the Judge’s explanation on allowing it was showing why CW asked “did you know $792,000 missing money” etc b/c defense asked can they think of any reason why AM would murder son/wife - he was making point they did not know a lot of financial reasons. Somehow I missed that was tying all that together.
I don't think we know what AM inherited from he father, it may have all gone to his mother since she is still alive. And we don't know what life insurance Paul or Maggie had, if any.

Not that I've seen. He must be quite concerned about having PMPED brought into the headlights, JMO
Absolutely re: concern. Best recollection here was that he was there at early stage(s)? — not thereafter. I remember observing his unspoken exchange w/AM during the end-of-day (IMO) “gladhandling.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay