SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Defense's Opening Statement the defense admitted that it was Alex in that recording at the kennels. At 17:50 here. At another point in the opening DH seemed to argue that Alex may not have disclosed everything to LE because he was traumatized, unnerved by the questioning, and thought that LE had already made up their minds that he did it the night of murders. JMO.

I forgot about this! Thanks for the reminder and link.

Tinsley sure likes to hear himself talk. Why was he allowed to sit inside the courtroom while others testified? I hope we get to cross today. Defense will go hard on this witness!

They'll pull the old recess for the day after prosecution finishes so they have to wait for tomorrow to cross.

What is the point of this testimony?
  • Looming exposure of financial misdeeds which would naturally raise questions about other financial dealings. (ETA: Even if accusers were not aware of the full extent of wrongdoing, the defendant was.)
  • Motive to keep a lid on information the defendant had until then controlled and related others' curiosity about that information as much as possible for as long as possible.
  • Looming death of defendant's father, from whom AM was likely to inherit substantial assets. Potential that - if he were to learn about the financial misdeeds - the defendant's father could change terms of that prior to his death if so motivated.

Where is the story on this: "next seat is out the door"?

I clicked the linked video and it's the live feed.
I had the same problem. Here's the FitsNews article on the topic.

'Murdaugh Murders' Saga: Alex Murdaugh's Family Issued Warnings By Court - FITSNews

According to my sources, Murdaugh’s sister, Lynn Goettee, has refused repeatedly to abide by court rules regarding communication and contact with her brother. Goettee was also identified by courtroom security as the family member who passed Alex Murdaugh the “undisclosed item.”

Upon being confronted and asked to cease such behavior, Goettee reportedly “became demonstrative.”

Buster Murdaugh is also becoming a problem, according to my sources. The surviving son of Alex Murdaugh did not want to be moved back several rows – and is said to have kicked over a water bottle in disgust upon being asked to do so by courthouse security.

Lovely people. Obviously there is more at the link including mention of the court-ordered drug test.

This isn’t what Alex testified to. He hasn’t said anything during trial.
This is what investigators claimed that he said.
Which, IMO, is why the defense is trying to paint the investigation as flawed, sloppy, unprofessional. IMO the defense will try to discredit the investigative techniques of SLED.

There are two interviews with LE that were video taped. The investigators did not CLAIM he said he was not at the kennels. AM TOLD the investigators he was not at the kennels.
AM‘s friend and law partner testified under oath that AM told him he never went to the kennels that night.

Hold on, so AM's Moselle property...or I should say MM's Moselle property...had a Hunting Lodge insurance policy in effect when the murders occured?
Sorry if I'm dense, but how does that play in to this? Murders wouldn't be covered I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annabella2320