SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thank you. I was getting confused because it seemed like folks here were talking like they were Maggie's clothes/damp towel.

Still confused about the pajamas. If he laid out the clothes like she was going to spend the night, he had to get them from somewhere....like her dresser there? Why would he have needed to lay them out like that (why would she have brought the pajamas to begin with) if she kept clothes there....
No he laid them out on the floor where the threshold of the laundry room is, like MM had already worn them and they were ready to be laundered. BS said the pj's were laid out, not folded and a pair of unused underwear, opened up but with the folds still in them so hadn't been worn, were on top of the pj's. According to BS MM never left her dirty clothes there nor did she wear undies with her pj's. It seemed to me that AM wanted it to make itclook like MM had stayed there when she had not. She'd been staying at Edisto beach house.

I sure hope Alex reads this. Him in his tiny cell and his team in a $20k/week home lol.
WHO is footing the bill for all this extravagance? These are two high-powered attorneys and their fees (and those charged for the staff assisting) in this high-profile murder case must certainly dwarf the $20k/week lodging expense.

For a broke man, AM sure looks like he's still sitting on one very high pile of something of value.

When questioned the night of the murders, Alec told LE that Maggie was at Moselle when he left for work that morning. But Maggie's texts, which were admitted into evidence, show that she was not at Moselle that morning -- rather she was in Edisto and Alex asked her to come to Moselle that day.

I'm still confused about this because the second caregiver who testified said that both Maggie and Alex were there Sunday night the day before the murders. So did Maggie go back to Edisto on Sunday night? Or maybe she did spend Sunday night in Moselle but then drove to Edisto in the morning? She texted Blanca early in the morning about 7:00 a.m. about the Capri Suns which may mean she was just talking to Alex in person about it? I don't know!

I am still stuck on the ring, and I am trying to think about the conditions under which it would end up there. I would only put my ring under the seat if I was going somewhere and I was extremely worried about theft, and even then, it does not sound like something I would do. I'd leave it on my finger otherwise, even if I was mad enough at my husband to hurl it in the back of the car. I'd notice immediately if my ring slid off in the car, and I'd start ferreting around for it immediately. Maybe that depends on the person and the ring, but my finger feels noticeably weird when the ring is off. Did I mention that I am a mid-fifties UMC lady? You know who puts his keys, phone, and wallet under the seat, often? My husband.

Under the seat feels like a AM move. Maybe he took it at the scene and chucked it in there so it could not walk away from the crime scene? Maybe he snagged it at the scene to suggest robbery and realized how bad it would look for him to have it, so he put it in there at the scene or later to explain it's whereabouts. Maybe he put it in the car for safekeeping so he could sell it or use it to frame someone? I have a hard time believing that it was in the car at the time of the police search and they missed it.
If all BS had to do was push the seat forward and she saw it, how could LE have missed it?! I think you may be right and it could have factored into framing someone. Very interesting that the defense didn't use that to needle the investigators about a sloppy search. That makes me wonder and RM being the person asking BS to clean out MM's car. AJMO

WHO is footing the bill for all this extravagance? These are two high-powered attorneys and their fees (and those charged for the staff assisting) in this high-profile murder case must certainly dwarf the $20k/week lodging expense.

For a broke man, AM sure looks like he's still sitting on one very high pile of something of value.
IMO Alex had paid them millions prior to murdering his wife and son; IMO like regular people see to it that we pay the monthly rent, Alex's top priority with his money was to ensure Harpootlian gave Alex the promise to represent him in Everything, and No Matter What. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

WALTERBORO, S.C. — Alex Murdaugh’s high-powered legal team is renting an extravagant wedding venue on 500 acres in Walterboro, South Carolina, during their client’s sensational double murder trial, Fox News Digital has learned.

The property, called Eden at Gracefield, is the temporary home of Murdaugh’s lead defense attorneys, Dick Harpootlian, Jim Griffin and their entourag

The team rented all five homes "nestled between lakes and tranquil forests" about eight miles from the Colleton County Courthouse for a little less than the list price of $20,475 a week.
It's unclear how Murdaugh, who has claimed he's broke, is paying Harpootlian, a Democratic state senator, and Griffin, whose team's housing tab has already surpassed $60,000.
I dunno... just doing his job or not, I can't accept DH's bullying Tony Satterfield on the stand and don't understand who would re-elect him as their senator. It was like watching an extension of AM victimize Tony again. MOO

I don't think the "help" idolized the Murdaughs. I think there is a huge power imbalance between the M family and everyone else, and desperate people are forced to work for whatever they can get. The M family takes advantage of the fact that they can pay "house help" under the table in cash, and not provide health insurance or benefits because the area is so economically depressed.
Perhaps 'idolize' was the wrong word but I think some of their help/acquaintances might've felt inferior to them. It's my opinion that the Murdaughs commanded respect as oppose to earned respect. Their sense of entitlement gave them an artificial sense of acceptance. I doubt very much anyone really knew this family (and people like them). They seem to live a very superficial existence. Appearances mattered more than integrity.

I'm still confused about this because the second caregiver who testified said that both Maggie and Alex were there Sunday night the day before the murders. So did Maggie go back to Edisto on Sunday night? Or maybe she did spend Sunday night in Moselle but then drove to Edisto in the morning? She texted Blanca early in the morning about 7:00 a.m. about the Capri Suns which may mean she was just talking to Alex in person about it? I don't know!
Yes I believe she did go back to Edisto after trying to visit with the father, bringing him donuts he loved. About the Capri's, maybe she was texting with AM?

Such a good post!
Not sure if this has been mentioned but wouldn't gunshots freak out all those dogs to the point they'd be barking quite a bit drawing attention to that area (if he was in the house)?? Maybe hunting dogs are more immune to gunfire?
I know crooked wealthy people are immune to justice so........who knows!

I think AMs family has to be paying for this. Or will.

And what's with the medical insurance card on Saturday morning??? (around 1:04:00 mark)

Was this all in preparation for AM's head wound later that afternoon? o_O

I think it proves that he was not planning to die that day, which had been a mystery for me of what his intentions really were for the roadside plot.

And what's with the medical insurance card on Saturday morning??? (around 1:04:00 mark)

Was this all in preparation for AM's head wound later that afternoon? o_O
I’m sure it has to do with the roadside shooting! JMO
You can see how nervous it made DH.
I was hoping to see the actual text with the time AM asked her for the insurance card, but all I found was this:

C6278210-36BE-49F0-BA77-E0C9D70AAD35.jpeg

I will take local media over 'rumors' and conspiracy theories any day. jmo
Unfortunately, media is dependent on ‘sources.’ These days they are too often ‘anonymous’ sources. We are sometimes told these are ‘credible’ sources…but we really have no way of knowing if they are or not.

Perhaps the reporter has the same ideology or is pushing a certain narrative and anyone is credible to him that supports his point of view.

Perhaps the ‘source’ is in the pocket of other corrupt individuals. In an area where it seems that many individuals did the bidding of this Murdaugh family, who is to know if that source doesn’t owe a favor, 0r needs a favor?
\
We have seen corruption or the stench of corruption across many professions, many jobs…across the whole spectrum. IMO, local reporters and their ‘sources’ cannot be put in sny revered exempt category.

Quite the contrary.

Re the medical insurance card -- please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the judge has so far excluded evidence of the road-side shooting (on hearsay grounds when Chris Wilson tried to testify about it I think), so I'm not sure if the jury knows the meaning of it (yet). JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay